Sharing tunnel frequent traveller deal (1 Viewer)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Sorry @Bertie Bassett signed up with Hugh ages ago....sounds like you're a match for Sable though? as she wants first trip in July :)

Sable : availability on Thursday 23rd from 4am, but not a lot of slots left, Friday 24th booked up. The way it works is to avoid supplements you need to go out after 4 pm and return before 1 pm?

Cheers for that!(y)

Sable

Free Member
Jan 8, 2009
Funster No
Yes I would hope to go before the schools break up i.e. early July. Really any day after 5th (Sophie may decide to share with me - have had some PMs from her) but before schools finish. I then need to return after schools begin again, perhaps 9th or 10th September.

Edit Forgot to say any day of the week is fine so don't need weekend travel.

Sable

Free Member
Jan 8, 2009
Funster No
No prospective partners for the tunnel, person from the other forum has decided against joining with me, but went on CC site and quote considerably cheaper than the tunnel direct so will maybe book that in the morning by which time the price will probably have gone up!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Sable, What are you looking for in the way of a split?
We will be travelling to France next month and again in October, another trip in the spring would make three. So I was thinking of a ticket myself as it looks like three is the break even point.
A split ticket sounds good idea to me, how does the up front payment work when spliting?

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Sable, What are you looking for in the way of a split?
We will be travelling to France next month and again in October, another trip in the spring would make three. So I was thinking of a ticket myself as it looks like three is the break even point.
A split ticket sounds good idea to me, how does the up front payment work when spliting?

One person signs up and pays, nominating the other at same time adding there details. You both agree a password beforehand. Then 2nd party pays the other, cheque, bank transfer...whatever. Then you are on your own. Never meet chap I shared with last time, and it worked well, this year sharing with someone I know who is on here as well now....

@Sable, re booking with CC, have never seen it for £108 return. Plus it's not as flexible you have to contact CC for changes etc.,..,and don't think your allowed to turn up 2 hrs early or later?

The schemes real appeal is the flexibility and speed.....

mikeh71

Free Member
Apr 14, 2015
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Judge et al
Just wondered if anyone else wanted to share as I will have a return journey in July and another one early next year so I guess I am looking for a partner who will be traveling 3 times within the year?

Thanks
mikeh71

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
The clock starts ticking from the time you pay.
Take out FT as near as possible to the first date you want to travel.
FT can only be shared with ONE other person.
The minimum you can buy is 10 single crossings (5 returns)
I am not sure but I don't think you can add more crossings during the contract year.

colyboy

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
The clock starts ticking from the time you pay.
Take out FT as near as possible to the first date you want to travel.
FT can only be shared with ONE other person.
The minimum you can buy is 10 single crossings (5 returns)
I am not sure but I don't think you can add more crossings during the contract year.

colyboy

That's fine if travelling off season. But for high season you need to book way ahead as availability disapears.....

Yes can add as many as you want.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Yes I agree book as soon as possible. But I have NEVER had any problems changing the times/dates in peak season at short notice. Of course there are no surcharges for doing so. The crossing times are ideal for us, travelling up from Devon we catch a train about 4.00pm and on the way home about 9.00am

colyboy

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi @colyboy,

Do you use all of your five returns. as I am interested in 2 returns for next year and I am looking to find someone to share.
We are thinking of traveling june & sept .

Last edited:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Do the ferry charge for dogs ?, we have three dogs at 17 each way x3 , I'm trying to work out what is the cheapest option :LOL:

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yes I agree book as soon as possible. But I have NEVER had any problems changing the times/dates in peak season at short notice. Of course there are no surcharges for doing so. The crossing times are ideal for us, travelling up from Devon we catch a train about 4.00pm and on the way home about 9.00am

colyboy

I shared this year with @Hughman on here. both our wives in education. so prime school holiday period it has to be. I have noticed this year the tunnel getting far more popular and have had difficulties getting dates now and again. Have been using tunnel for years and never seen it as busy as 2015:censored:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I shared this year with @Hughman on here. both our wives in education. so prime school holiday period it has to be. I have noticed this year the tunnel getting far more popular and have had difficulties getting dates now and again. Have been using tunnel for years and never seen it as busy as 2015:censored:
Maybe we should stop talking about the tunnel so no one else uses it ;)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Great idea & would be keen to share this once our son is settled at Uni next year (y):)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Do the ferry charge for dogs ?, we have three dogs at 17 each way x3 , I'm trying to work out what is the cheapest option :LOL:

dfds charged me £15 entering but website said at time no charge for leaving UK. It now says 15 each way against the tunnels £17.
I actually asked everyone what was I paying for on leaving the UK as no one was interested in the dog. ? It is just a p*** take & money earner for them all.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I thought last week & this would be " out of season " ? Mrs thought I was taking the P when I told her it was £250-300 ( one way !! ) during the day last week !!

you need to sign up on here:)
I have never paid more then the standard £108 return at any time all year round. when I was working we used it 5 times a year....

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Fortunately when I am on my own I refuse to use it. Always use the ferry.it's a 1/4 of the price. Second top whack would only ever be one journey ,one way once a year .

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We partnered with our neighbour - it's a great system. And as Judge says, amazing value @ £108 return, and superb flexibility. But yes, we found it busy in July and not quite the usual huge choice of crossings available.

Mike

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
OK, so looking for a partner for a group chunnel booking .. anyone wanna do it ?

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Come on guys!:) members looking to share please keep this thread alive....

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hi John--Jaws,
I'm interested in possibly sharing , but only looking for 2 returns out of the 5 returns.
Terry - FIDGET
Even if you only use 2 each its worthwhile.......

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Stand to be corrected but i thought as long as you had a crossing booked by anniversary you could book ages in advance and change as many times as you want foc.

OP
OP
Judge Mental

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Stand to be corrected but i thought as long as you had a crossing booked by anniversary you could book ages in advance and change as many times as you want foc.
You can't have a booking after the anniversary? All travel has to be within the year from when you open the account. Last year Hugh and I had to book months in advance as July crossings where disappearing? It works OK in practice...

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back