Rally [Sep 8, 2016] Twin Lakes, France Meet 2016 (17130 Souméras) (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Personally we never experienced any however....bear in mind it is next to the lake. Having said that we do have pitches that are away from the water which are at the back of the site next to the statics. It is only a minute or so walk from everywhere and everyone.

Aug 13, 2009
KENT
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Caravanning since 1990's Went over to motorhoming 2007
Thanks, never have too many. As most EHU there is 16amp it will be easy to share the electricity....and the cost of course.

Hi JaG
Interested in the whole period is EHU (or shared EHU) still available?

Also can you confirm if I need to book it with Twin Lakes or you?
Kev & Carol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi JaG
Interested in the whole period is EHU (or shared EHU) still available?

Also can you confirm if I need to book it with Twin Lakes or you?
Kev & Carol
Hi Kev and Caz,
You need to book with Twin Lakes and let me know the dates when you have. At this time there are no EHU on the placements or on the lakeside. If you wanted to be at the rear of the site away from the main meet there may be one available.

Aug 13, 2009
KENT
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Caravanning since 1990's Went over to motorhoming 2007
Hi Kev and Caz,
You need to book with Twin Lakes and let me know the dates when you have. At this time there are no EHU on the placements or on the lakeside. If you wanted to be at the rear of the site away from the main meet there may be one available.

Thanks JaG will email them now.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Booked & paid for our Yearly Travel Insurance today:):):)
We're getting there !!!!!!

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Who did you go wth in the end Viv?

Hi Bill & Judy:):)
Had a somewhat good yearly deal with AVANTI.:active:
It turned out that quite a lot of firms wouldn't take us on; not because of me, but due to Christine's health issues.:Eeek:
Still all sorted now for the CSMA meet in June & the Funsters meet in September.:france::france:
Viv

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Hi Bill & Judy:):)
Had a somewhat good yearly deal with AVANTI.:active:
It turned out that ill all sorted now for the CSMA meet in June & the Funsters meet in September.:france::france:
Viv
You will be experieced Francophiles by then :D let me know if it's a nice site we usually stay in Saumur which is just further along the Loire, you will be in time for the big music festival which is held in June (y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well I have emailed Garry and Jan and PM'd Jean and Graham and hopefully I will get confirmation of my booking soon. I'm also looking forward to it immensely as I have met many of you but almost as many will be New friends.
I assume Roy @Khizzie that you have teamed up with someone for your trip, let me know if you need anything.

Griff

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Well I have emailed Garry and Jan and PM'd Jean and Graham and hopefully I will get confirmation of my booking soon. I'm also looking forward to it immensely as I have met many of you but almost as many will be New friends.
I assume Roy @Khizzie that you have teamed up with someone for your trip, let me know if you need anything.

Griff
Cheers Griff .all being well will be teaming up with @LAM ,but if it goes boobs up I will be looking for new mentor,,however confident that both LAM and I will be fine...Roy

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008

Griff
PM received and answered. Look forward to seeing you in September. Don't worry about not getting a reply from Gary, they are often out and about. he should get in touch with you soon.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:) Well the euro does not seem to be going up anytime soon, :rolleyes: so just secured a rate of 1.26 at Caxtonfx (y)
so if it plummets after June 23 :mad: :eek: at least we have some small consolation :france:

Half now...... half later ......:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
jude

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
:) Well the euro does not seem to be going up anytime soon, :rolleyes: so just secured a rate of 1.26 at Caxtonfx (y)
so if it plummets after June 23 :mad: :eek: at least we have some small consolation :france:

Half now...... half later ......:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
jude
I am hoping it plummets before May because I am having to change Euro to GBP then.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
I am hoping it plummets before May because I am having to change Euro to GBP then.
If it does I shall be pleased (y) I think it will certainly go down until after June 23 and then pfffffffffft :whistle:

Reactions: JaG
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi Jean & Graham,

Have just sent an email booking to the "boss" requesting a non electric pitch from the 19th to the 26th September.

Looking forward to meeting you all, and exploring the area.

Should I complete the attending list now, or wait for confirmation first?

Neville & Lynda

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013

Griff
Oooooooo didn't know you and Jax were going - so we have somewhere warm and luxurious to go to if the nights get chilly..... :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Oooooooo didn't know you and Jax were going - so we have somewhere warm and luxurious to go to if the nights get chilly..... :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Second that, please !!!!!!!!!!!!:cold::cold:

Yes we will be there, we're coming on the trike doing some real camping, but if it gets chilly in your van feel free to bring vodka or Brandy into our Bivouac........
219px-Dining_fly_%28tent%29.svg.png

Reactions: LAM
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Jean & Graham,

Have just sent an email booking to the "boss" requesting a non electric pitch from the 19th to the 26th September.

Looking forward to meeting you all, and exploring the area.

Should I complete the attending list now, or wait for confirmation first?

Neville & Lynda
You can complete the Attending list now as there is plenty of room for non-electric. Be good to meet you. See you there.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yes we will be there, we're coming on the trike doing some real camping, but if it gets chilly in your van feel free to bring vodka or Brandy into our Bivouac........
219px-Dining_fly_%28tent%29.svg.png
So if you're going native (and I must say, I think that tent needs a rafter to stop it sagging in the middle), that must mean there's a gert big Frankia Platin Plus 8500 just sitting in your garden getting buried in leaves... No worries, Cliffandger to the rescue.... We can make a detour and pick it up on our way to Folkestone.......

TWIN LAKERS - WE HAVE OUR OFFICIAL PARTAAAAAYYYYY VAN !!!!!!
:clap2::clap2::cheers: :beerchug: :drink::party2::wine::france::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Cliffandger to the rescue.... We can make a detour and pick it up on our way

TWIN LAKERS - WE HAVE OUR OFFICIAL PARTAAAAAYYYYY VAN !!!!!

Cheeky Madam, will we see you before Twin Lakes anywhere. Are you going to Chester or Misterton or Stratford, or York?

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Hi Jean & Graham,

Jan has confirmed booking, and attendee's list is now completed.

See you all in September.

Neville & Lynda

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi @JaG
We're having a week or so in France from 16th September and would love to call into Twin Lakes and join you for a couple of days. Are we able to just turn up and join you?
Yes of course you can. There is loads of room on the rally field, though there will be no EHU available and the lakeside spots will be full. Come on down and enjoy yourselves among friends. Full sunshine ordered for the duration.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Yes of course you can. There is loads of room on the rally field, though there will be no EHU available and the lakeside spots will be full. Come on down and enjoy yourselves among friends. Full sunshine ordered for the duration.
Great EHU probably not needed, we survive quite well without for a couple of days. As long as the fridge is cold for my tonic & ice! :beerchug:
Hope to see you there :sun:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Booked in at Twin Lakes for the full period. Are there any other solo's going ??
Regards David.
Thanks for letting me know..I will add you to my list. I assume you are NO EHU...or have you booked for EHU off the main site?

David27

Free Member
Mar 13, 2016
Audlem, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
since 2014
Hi JaG,
I did ask for EHU, which I would really like. If I have to pitch off the main site that would be OK. David.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back