Rally [Sep 8, 2016] Twin Lakes, France Meet 2016 (17130 Souméras) (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
HI J&G we were supposed to come last year but as you know Gwen broke her hip and couldn't travel so hopefully we can make it this time. Also it's her birthday on the 25th Sept (88)so we're keeping our fingers crossed. Be lucky, Billy
It would be lovely to see you if you can make it. Don't forget, we all like to celebrate a birthday :birthday:(or anything for that matter) so don't forget to mention it if you get there. :france:

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
Would like to join in from 19th to end. First timer, though a lot of continental driving experience with trucks and buses. How do I book ?

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Would like to join in from 19th to end. First timer, though a lot of continental driving experience with trucks and buses. How do I book ?
All you have to do is contact the site direct and book your pitch with Garry or Jan (phone is best), then PM me with the arrival date, departure date and if you have EHU. There are a few EHU available from 19th. Also, let me know if you would prefer a hedged pitch or alongside the lake front. Look forward to seeing you there...you will love it, everyone does.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
All you have to do is contact the site direct and book your pitch with Garry or Jan (phone is best), then PM me with the arrival date, departure date and if you have EHU. There are a few EHU available from 19th. Also, let me know if you would prefer a hedged pitch or alongside the lake front. Look forward to seeing you there...you will love it, everyone does.

Thanks, will do and let you know
Geoff

eroom

Funster
Deceased RIP
Feb 17, 2012
Broadstairs KENT
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Off &On 12 years
Hi J & G
We're off to Portugal on Tuesday 22nd Dec. via France and Spain, 'til March 24th, so we are going to stop at Twin Lakes on the way.
We can book up for September at the same time.
Be lucky,
Billy & Gwen

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
JaG
All booked. Pm sent, hopefully correctly, first time I've tried it!
Geoff

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi J & G
We're off to Portugal on Tuesday 22nd Dec. via France and Spain, 'til March 24th, so we are going to stop at Twin Lakes on the way.
We can book up for September at the same time.
Be lucky,
Billy & Gwen
Have a great time. Wish we could join you. See you next year. Just let me know when you have booked in so I can record it on our list.
Best wishes, Jean & Graham

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
thanks for the information if we are down that way in September we will call in the same as we did last last year if not have a great time there and in Spain.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
I have attached the EHU plan for the duration of the meet. As it stands now there are no further EHU available for the duration of the meet however, as the sun is going to be shining all the time we are there :notworthy2: it will not be a problem. You will see that they are colour coded. Those in RED on the Lake have their own EHU as they are there for the full duration or have medical needs to require a sole EHU. The other colours are paired. This should not be a problem as the EHU on the Lake are all 16amp so there should be no shortage of power. If you are paired up on EHU can we ask that one of you brings a splitter with you as I only have one spare one. Also, if you are on shared your cost will be less - 13.5E per night instead of 15E.
All of the Placements have their own EHU and are not shared at any time. Placement One is a disabled pitch and has been left vacant deliberately in case of need. Placement Two to Nine are the hedged placements as per plan earlier in the thread. Placement Ten is a grassed area next to nine with possible EHU. Placements Eleven, Twelve and Thirteen are the ones at the rear of the site near the statics. There are also 3 EHU available near the rear statics. Again, these have not been allocated as they are out of the way and can be used in an emergency or is someone arrives who is not with our group and has a medical need for one.
Broken Link Removed

Attachments

• EHU - Twin Lakes.jpg
    EHU - Twin Lakes.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

eroom

Funster
Deceased RIP
Feb 17, 2012
Broadstairs KENT
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Off &On 12 years
Hi JaG What happened to the last week, with EHU, you were going to book for us. I can't see us on the plan. Also bear in mind we are both ancient and disabled and I have a Blue Badge, so not too far from the toilets would have been nice.
Cheers, Billy &Gwen

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi JaG What happened to the last week, with EHU, you were going to book for us. I can't see us on the plan. Also bear in mind we are both ancient and disabled and I have a Blue Badge, so not too far from the toilets would have been nice.
Cheers, Billy &Gwen
Sorry, forgot the post as we were away for New year
No problem though. Just tell me the arrival date. Placement 3 is free from 19th and Placement 6 from 16th. Both are close to the toilets.
Best regards, Jean & Graham

Last edited:

eroom

Funster
Deceased RIP
Feb 17, 2012
Broadstairs KENT
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Off &On 12 years
Hello again JaG. P3 from the 19th to the last date we're all there please. Is this with EHU, it doesn't appear so.?
We're having plenty of rain here in Portugal, just praying for the sunshine. Regards, Billy

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi
Just read your latest post re electric. Sorry we are a little confused re ehu. We have booked the full 3 weeks but looking at the plan we are not in red. Please confirm we are on ehu and we confirmed we are there for the whole time. Thanks from us both

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi
Just read your latest post re electric. Sorry we are a little confused re ehu. We have booked the full 3 weeks but looking at the plan we are not in red. Please confirm we are on ehu and we confirmed we are there for the whole time. Thanks from us both
Yes you are booked on EHU and are there for the full three weeks - see P2.
I should have made myself clearer about RED. I have only colour coded the Lake area because it is a huge open area with only 8 EHU. The Placements are separate areas and cannot be shared so you have your own for the full period. I am amending the post to explain this.
best wishes, Jean and Graham

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hello again JaG. P3 from the 19th to the last date we're all there please. Is this with EHU, it doesn't appear so.?
We're having plenty of rain here in Portugal, just praying for the sunshine. Regards, Billy
Well, at least the rain is warmer there than here. I am sure it will soon clear up for you.
P3 allocated from 19th for you. Yes it is EHU. Not coloured RED because none of the placements can be shared anyway.
Best wishes Jean and Graham

Attachments

• EHU - Twin Lakes.jpg
    EHU - Twin Lakes.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks for getting back so quick. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Take care

eroom

Funster
Deceased RIP
Feb 17, 2012
Broadstairs KENT
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Off &On 12 years
Hi JaG Thanks for the booking . Do I have to pay a deposit to confirm or is it taken as read. Do you know
if I am allowed to tow a car on an A-frame in France. I know Spain put the block on it and we're missing the
use of it every day here. Cheers, Billy & Gwen

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi JaG Thanks for the booking . Do I have to pay a deposit to confirm or is it taken as read. Do you know
if I am allowed to tow a car on an A-frame in France. I know Spain put the block on it and we're missing the
No deposit, just sort it out when you get there.
I cannot answer your question about the A frame however, I am sure someone who reads this will.
See you sooooon.
PS. The weather is rubbish here too.

eroom

Funster
Deceased RIP
Feb 17, 2012
Broadstairs KENT
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Off &On 12 years
Thanks JaG. See you in September with no set backs hopefully this time. Be lucky , Billy & Gwen

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome

Hi Billy
the law in France on A-FRAMES is much the same as in Spain some do tow, i have seen a few, the French seem to see it as a minor thing and don't usually bother, but i am sure this will be cause for more debate, get Gwen to give em cuddle that will melt their hearts, We will be towing a car on a trailer so no worries about a bit of shopping mate, and others will have car transport.
Make sure you have got batteries for the telly zapper? (y)
Kevan

eroom

Funster
Deceased RIP
Feb 17, 2012
Broadstairs KENT
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Off &On 12 years
Hi Kevan Thanks for those comments, I don't think I'll chance it after all. Just use it in the UK. Also thanks re
shopping. I'm going to have to hire a car here sometime to get about etc. Lost without it, after all those years of caravanning.
Billy

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Graham
thanks for doing the electric allocation graph, i have got two of these if any help
$_35.JPG
Thanks Kevan, that will be great. I have one as well so we will have enough...and we are both there for the duration.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Kevan Thanks for those comments, I don't think I'll chance it after all. Just use it in the UK. Also thanks re
shopping. I'm going to have to hire a car here sometime to get about etc. Lost without it, after all those years of caravanning.
Billy
Good point made by Kevan about batteries...they are a stupid price in France so stock up on AA/AAA, etc. before you go.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Jean & Graham

We have heard back from Jan at Twin lakes and she has confirmed we are booked in with no EHU. Still awaiting a reply from Cambrils.

Regards
Ken & Lynda

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back