Seafront car park ‘becoming a cheap holiday destination (1 Viewer)

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Current charges are £15 overnight 10pm to 8 am and the. £6 8 am to 6pm.From November to March no daytime charge and £10 overnight.
We will probably be down there this Saturday .

We should all get down there and park overlooking the Haymakers beach hut.:Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It's not really about whether anyone can or cannot pay a charge - it's about whether one should pay a charge.

If the local authority decides that there should be a charge we are all legally bound to pay. Parking on someone else's land (roads etc) is a privilege and not a right.

Unfortunately the few that misuse car parks will result in all of having to pay the charge.
If there is a charge then it should be paid, I fail to see how that is misusing carparks. Parking on roads is not a privilege it is something we pay for via the road fund licence and not withstanding any TRO's preventing parking or causing an obstruction it is something we can legally do.
The original newspaper article is prompted by a NIMBY. The fact that Blue badge holders don't pay does NOT come into it disabled people have as much right to park in a seafront situation as anyone else. I can sit or Drive, I cannot walk far most days but still enjoy watching the sea and wildlife. It does get my back up when people start shouting if you can afford a motorhome you can afford ................ whatever what a load of twaddle.
Luckily there is no law that says we must all spend the night on a campsite, and I know that seems strange coming from a campsite owner but to me is and should be a matter of personal choice. Choosing to do so should not evoke the cry of freeloading tossers or whatever so don't go there its been done to death.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back