1. Our Classifieds are free to subscribers
    For help in listing an item or for marking it SOLD please see this help file

PLEASE EXCERCISE DUE DILIGENCE BEFORE PARTING WITH MONEY
    MotorhomeFun cannot vouch for the honesty of members. 

PLEASE DO NOT BUMP 'FOR SALE" THREADS or they will be removed.

SOLD scooter for motorhome

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by rapido convert, Aug 4, 2015.

1. rapido convert

rapido convert

Hi i am selling my piaggio zip scooter it weighs 57kgs i have had it fitted on a scooter rack in our previous van and it will fit into most motorhome garages it does 80 mpg and will travel at 55mph two up all day long,it is in mint condition 4970 mls.The asking price is 540 and it is on ebay with full description and pictures, the item number is 261992118142. Any other info required please call 07782297676 many thanks Andy.

2. Charlie

Charlie Funster

3. Gazza333

Gazza333 Funster

You say you can ride this two up on a car license . But you say it's au 70cc I'm confused. Thought legally you can only ride a 50cc . I'd love it by the way just unsure of legality

4. St piran

St piran Read Only Funster

I also thought you could only ride a 50cc on a car lience and with no passenger.

Clarification would be useful...

5. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

It's been 'tuned' so my understanding is that it's been de-restricted which means it is no longer a 50cc scooter, despite the name. If you have a full car licence which you passed prior to 2001, AFAIK this would therefore mean it could NOT be ridden without L plates and you could NOT carry a passenger; also from what I can determine, regardless of when you passed your driving test, to ride anything over 50cc you would need a valid CBT certificate but would still NOT be able to carry a passenger.

With a full car licence having passed pre-2001 you are eligible to ride a moped (50cc Scooter) without the need for any test or training (C.B.T). You are also allowed to carry a passenger and do not need to display ‘L’ plates. Having past your driving test post-2001, a C.B.T will need to be carried out.

taken from: http://www.gdbrown.com/what_can_i_ride.asp

More info here too:

http://www.90-one.com/itbplus.html

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  6. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

It depends on when you passed your car test ... pre 2001 you are restricted to 50cc but can carry a passenger, post 2001 and you can do this but ONLY if you have undertaken and passed a CBT first.

7. rapido convert

rapido convert

Sorry about the confusion, you are right minxygirl, i am an old fart and passed my bike test in the 70s the law has changed quite a bitsince then. Is still a cracking little scooter:).

8. rapido convert

rapido convert

Sorry now sold money in my pocket :)