• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD scooter for motorhome (1 Viewer)

rapido convert

Free Member
Feb 26, 2015
knutsford cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class rapido 996m
Exp
since 07
Hi i am selling my piaggio zip scooter it weighs 57kgs i have had it fitted on a scooter rack in our previous van and it will fit into most motorhome garages it does 80 mpg and will travel at 55mph two up all day long,it is in mint condition 4970 mls.The asking price is 540 and it is on ebay with full description and pictures, the item number is 261992118142. Any other info required please call 07782297676 many thanks Andy.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
You say you can ride this two up on a car license . But you say it's au 70cc I'm confused. Thought legally you can only ride a 50cc . I'd love it by the way just unsure of legality

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

St Piran

Free Member
May 22, 2012
North Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
I also thought you could only ride a 50cc on a car lience and with no passenger.

Clarification would be useful...

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You say you can ride this two up on a car license . But you say it's au 70cc I'm confused. Thought legally you can only ride a 50cc . I'd love it by the way just unsure of legality
It's been 'tuned' so my understanding is that it's been de-restricted which means it is no longer a 50cc scooter, despite the name. If you have a full car licence which you passed prior to 2001, AFAIK this would therefore mean it could NOT be ridden without L plates and you could NOT carry a passenger; also from what I can determine, regardless of when you passed your driving test, to ride anything over 50cc you would need a valid CBT certificate but would still NOT be able to carry a passenger.

With a full car licence having passed pre-2001 you are eligible to ride a moped (50cc Scooter) without the need for any test or training (C.B.T). You are also allowed to carry a passenger and do not need to display ‘L’ plates. Having past your driving test post-2001, a C.B.T will need to be carried out.

taken from: Broken Link Removed

More info here too:

http://www.90-one.com/itbplus.html

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I also thought you could only ride a 50cc on a car lience and with no passenger.

Clarification would be useful...
It depends on when you passed your car test ... pre 2001 you are restricted to 50cc but can carry a passenger, post 2001 and you can do this but ONLY if you have undertaken and passed a CBT first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rapido convert

rapido convert

Free Member
Feb 26, 2015
knutsford cheshire
Funster No
MH
A class rapido 996m
Exp
since 07
Sorry about the confusion, you are right minxygirl, i am an old fart and passed my bike test in the 70s the law has changed quite a bitsince then. Is still a cracking little scooter:).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back