Sanef Tag Amazing

Discussion in 'France' started by snowdrops, Jul 8, 2015.

1. snowdrops

snowdrops Funster Life Member

Used ours for the 2 weeks were in France, it was fantastic. Like non toll roads but sometimes you just want to get there, and going all the way down to the Cote d'azure that was the case. Every barrier came up, no problems at all and the money we've used has come straight out of uk bank acc, so no taking it all with us in change etc. Used the Clarity card last year, but will be keeping the sanef tag for sept.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

My concern is the information you provide will give them the knowledge of your weight?
    I currently go through tolls as class 2 despite being 4250kg and so far the sat dome has not triggered class 3
    Is my concern unfounded?

3. Phill D

Phill D

i have the sanef tag used for 4 weeks in June so simple and no bad deal on the exchange rate at the moment.

its worth the annual activation fee of £5 ( if i remember correctly ) and maximum of 10 euros per use ( 5 per month to a max of 10 euros per year ) for the convenience.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC Funster

They are bloody great. I don't recall giving them any vehicle specific info, just my personal/bank details, the vehicle class is gauged at the toll gate based on height etc (not sure any weighing takes place), I think you can use the same tag across multiple qualifying vehicles (class 1, 2 etc).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Never heard of Sanef Tag so googled it.
    Do I understand this correctly?
    It doesn't save any money on the toll fees but costs to set up and use. The only thing it saves is time?

• Like Like x 1
  6. RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC Funster

There are minor setup/activation fees, but the tag is so convenient and time saving that said charges pale into insignificance.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bluemooner

Bluemooner Funster Life Member

We love ours but we are 3.5 and under 3m

• Like Like x 1
  8. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

When I checked the website it was for vehicles under 3500kgs only.

9. Bluemooner

Bluemooner Funster Life Member

It is

10. snowdrops

Ours was allocated as class 2 during set up, it stays that way .

• Like Like x 1
  11. snowdrops

You get a half price reduction with any booking on chunnel for set up. We went thro several tolls that had mega traffic queues, we just sailed thro the tag one no probs. No hassle at all and no worries about what change you have, whether your card gets stuck etc. Wldn't go without one again, really convenient.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Phill D

Phill D

thats correct John, its about total convenience not about money saving, avoiding any queues, credit / debit card worries; wife hanging out the window etc.

13. Hotelman

Hotelman Funster

Well..... We are 3 m high but nearly 5t, ....so we have tried using the Sanef tag. We are ALWAYS allowed onto the Autoroute, and quite often allowed out at the 'peage', but some 'peage' have a weigh scales system and won't let you out. We pressed the button and we were let through, however on one occasion we had to reverse out of SIX different 'barrier lanes ' before a intercom let us through .
    As a summary, a great concept, but if you are over 3.5t, hold your breath, be patient and Pray when arriving at the 'peage' .

When I drove up last week, I was alone, I was unable to open the passenger window, and only have one door, and that's on the drivers side, so I didn't want to risk using the 'tag' so I apologise to those in the queue behind me while I pulled up, ignition off, hand break on, open the hab door, lower the step walk around the van, get the ticket, walk around the van, open the door, raise the step, seat belt on, ignition on, hand break off, and hope the barrier stays open !!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. RowleyBirkinQC

RowleyBirkinQC Funster

But that is true for class 2 regardless of using the tag or not, so I guess you could be unlucky regardless if a gate happens to have weighing scales?

FAQs here: https://www.saneftolling.co.uk/support/faq

3.9. Can I swap the tag between vehicles?
    Yes! There is no link to a particular vehicle. You can also lend it to your friends if you like, but please note: You are the account holder and are responsible for all tolls and fees incurred.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  15. mickyc

mickyc Read Only Funster

The Sanef setup charge is wavered if you are a Caxton customer (just received an email to that effect)

• Like Like x 1
  16. emjaiuk

emjaiuk Funster

I originally got a tag about 5/6 years ago to use with a VW T5 when I had a part-time job as a courier. No info was supplied except for usual name & address and photocopy of credit card. Tag has since been used frequently with a 4 tonne MH, possibly overweight with fuel and water, (sub 3m) with no problems or queries at all.

IMHO one of the best things I've ever bought, but each to his own. I've even used mine in a Paris car park!

M

• Like Like x 1
  17. bob2112

bob2112

The only downside for me is when the kids borrow the camper van and Mrs kindly says "no it's fine" when they offer to pay

• Like Like x 2
  18. snowdrops

Ha ! if that day eva comes, it will come off it's little holder on the windscreen and be locked away !!!!! :D

19. Nirvanauk

Nirvanauk Funster

Brilliant. Just used ours for the last three weeks and the wife loves it. No more leaning out of the cab window in a dodgey position! Got back and gave it to our son to head off to Meribel. He thinks it's fantastic cos he doesn't pick up the tab. We do!

• Like Like x 2
  20. N&K

N&K

We have had many arguments at tolls as our dish triggers class 3 instead of class 2. In recent years the tolls are mostly unmanned and attempting to be reduced to Class 2 over the intercom system proves useless. And now I tow a trailer I am class 4, basically the same price of a full size artic lorry...seriously? All French people should pay tolls on our motorways, rip off :) just my personal opinion :)

• Like Like x 1