RV Dealer

Discussion in 'American RV's' started by Paulh, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Paulh

Paulh Read Only Funster

Hi all, long time no speak, looking at Gulfstream rv"s, at Oakwell rv, has anyone dealt with them? Thanks:Smile: PaulH

2. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

The Gulfstream BT Cruiser was on our list of B (C) Class RVs and the reception and assistance at Oakwell was good. Although we decided against the Gulfstream there is one proviso, one member of staff told me that on a C1+ E (107) licence I could drive an RV above 7.5 tons gvw, that is incorrect, the limit is 7500kg gvw , 8250kg gtw.

3. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

In my opinion a very reputable family firm - and in six years of dealing with RV dealers, I have never heard a word said against them. :thumb:

4. johnpengers

johnpengers Funster

I looked at several A class rv's at Oakwell,well presented and not all pushy,I did'nt buy but not because of any thing in particular but we fell in love with our Seabreeze from Itchy Feet.We had one follow up call from Oakwell and when I told him we had found one somewhere else then no problem unlike one dealer I could mention who in my opinion you could certainly come away with something you did nt want to buy if you were'nt of strong charactor !
    Hope this helps.

Regards, John P.

5. Paulh

Paulh Read Only Funster

Thanks for the replies, we"re looking at the Gulfstream Independance as its not to big and yet seems to have a layout that will max. the space available.Gulfstream build quality looks to be ok, having read US reviews, but I"m sure there"ll be plenty of niggles. Re "gassing" it we were told it"s cheaper to use the house gas tank for engine, but surely that would give b**ger all range? Thanks again , PaulH.

6. moandick

moandick Read Only Funster

7. johnpengers

johnpengers Funster

Hi Paul,nice choice and that's the one I had a good look at.One thing bothering me though,who told you about using the house/domestic lpg tank to run the engine ? as Dick stated you ain't going to go far and unless lpg conversions has completely changed in the last 18 months I can't see it working.My rv was converted at Anglo American in Newport Wales,be careful to contact the right one there's another Anglo American in the south east I think,ask for Steve Griffiths and he will give you sound advice.
    If I remember correctly the gulfstream is powered with the triton V10 engine,both my rv's have been tritons and not an ounce of trouble with the gas conversions.

Regards, John P.

8. Paulh

Paulh Read Only Funster

rvDealer/ Gas

Thanks Moandick/Johnpengers, those were my thoughts exactly, our present rv is gassed with 200l tank across the rear chassis, (don"t know who did it but it"s never missed a beat), and even then I seem to fill up a bit too soon!:cry: Yes it does use the Triton v10, I"m used to a 8.1 Vortec , how does anyone think they compare? Cheers PaulH.

9. paulharrison

paulharrison Read Only Funster

Hi Paul l neally bought a Independance the 3 slide model, but at Americarna last year a guy had one with top boxes and things tied to his back ladder, l had a chat with him no big lockers anywhere carnt even get your loungers in the lockers put me right off so l got another Winne, the lockers slide out with the side tons of storage, lucky for me l got one of the last Diesels on a Chevy great bit of kit. Paul

10. muz

muz Read Only Funster

lpg

hi all, steve griffiths at anglo american in newport did the conversion on my 8.1 v8 chevy,that was four years ago never misses a beat.just had a extra filler put on offside so its easyer in petrol stations [lpg].anglo has done me proud again.approx 10mpg at steady 60mph 2 thou revs, 300mls on lpg tanks.loving it.MUZ

11. legaleagle

legaleagle Read Only Funster

Six years of perfect service is very very impressive. Thanks, I need to check on this.

12. legaleagle

legaleagle Read Only Funster

got any pics would love to see the completed look