Free Member
Sep 26, 2016
sussex
Funster No
MH
roller team 695
Exp
2 weeks
Hi everyone. just purchased my first camper a roller team 695 on a transit chassis.
My problem is the body electrics dont work off the leisure battery, i have checked the voltage on the battery and it is a healthy 13volts i have checked all the fuses all ok everything works fine on the mains hook up and it all works on the vehicle battery when the camper is running,
The battery isolator is ok. any help would be greatly appreciated

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
:welc:

I assume there isn't a switch somewhere isolating it all ? Mine has 3 switches on the 12v side that have to be turned on for water, lighting & Fridge.

OP
OP
J

jonathan smith

Free Member
Sep 26, 2016
sussex
Funster No
MH
roller team 695
Exp
2 weeks
I can not see any other switches apart from the standard battery isolator switches, there is a control panel above the habitation door to power up the body electrics, and when you switch it on everything should work depending whether its on mains hook up or leisure battery, the only other switch i can find is an rcd where the main hook up enters the van. the control panel above the door only illuminates currently when hooked upto the mains although this should also operate from the 12v, there is plenty of juice in the leisure battery, and i have checked the big inline fuse from the leisure battery.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, Jonathon My van is different to yours but on the control panel over the door is a button for 12v nothing works until this is pressed and illuminated.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
On the control panel u need two buttons pressed bottom right. One looks like a lightbulb from memory. If this isn't on nothing works

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
You've tried the large red battery isolator behind the drivers seat on the rear of the side seat ?

I too have a 695 so I'll try to help if I can

OP
OP
J

jonathan smith

Free Member
Sep 26, 2016
sussex
Funster No
MH
roller team 695
Exp
2 weeks
Hi Gazza, Yes the battery isolator switch is on and i have checked on the back of it with a meter and it is showing 13.6 volts, there is an in line fuse on the leisure battery positive fuse this is also ok.
beneath the seat where the leisure battery is located there is quite a large black metal box with a rocker switch on it, i have no idea what this is for. any ideas. thank you

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
That's the mains charging unit . Leave it switched on all the time . When on mains you get a red battery indicator on your control panel showing its been charged. This symbol also comes on when u start the engine to show the battery is being charged from the engine (alternator )

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Not wishing to teach you to suck eggs but with no mains hookup you won't get mains sockets working. You should get lights, toilet flush etc and the 12 volt socket above the passenger bench working though

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back