Restoring Bodywork Shine (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Under torch light, the scratches are tiny and can't even feel them with my finger. I didn't go silly with the scourer. Very light rubbing.

Was hoping that some posh wax would cure it ;)

Wax won't help in fact it may highlight it. But it looks like you stopped in time sona simple polish stands a very good chance of sorting it. Because it's on a large van though to eliminate it completely would mean a full polish or it will look patchy and awful ! Looks like a Trsnsit Jumbo ?

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Wax won't help in fact it may highlight it. But it looks like you stopped in time sona simple polish stands a very good chance of sorting it. Because it's on a large van though to eliminate it completely would mean a full polish or it will look patchy and awful ! Looks like a Trsnsit Jumbo ?
Yup, Transit Jumbo

OP
OP
Yorick
Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
So would I apply the polish by hand, or need a drill attachment thingy ?

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
If you're after a cheap fix it maybe worth trying (in a hidden spot somewhere) upvc restorer. It's cheap, we use it for polishing up weathered, faded and sun bleached upvc window frames. There's a liquid type and a cream which has a very light abrasive quality to cut back and restore shine. Give it ago somewhere out of sight. Costs about £4 - £7 a bottle.
Good luck
Ajax cream is similar stuff , don't think I'd use on my van! Good advise is readily available on here

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Weimarunner

Free Member
Nov 5, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit Leisuredrive
Exp
Ajax cream is similar stuff , don't think I'd use on my van! Good advise is readily available on here
Hi Louis, I sent a dm with the details of the one I was recommending. I know the type you mean but the one I recommended is not like Ajax, it's not even as course as a medium cut compound, it only just cuts through 1500 grade swirls. There was some misunderstanding that the motorhome was plastic bodied.

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
Hi Louis, I sent a dm with the details of the one I was recommending. I know the type you mean but the one I recommended is not like Ajax, it's not even as course as a medium cut compound, it only just cuts through 1500 grade swirls. There was some misunderstanding that the motorhome was plastic bodied.
Oh right I understand, I got the one for plastic windows ( reccomended) by the supplier very similar to Ajax, it cleans well but a dull finish

Weimarunner

Free Member
Nov 5, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit Leisuredrive
Exp
Oh right I understand, I got the one for plastic windows ( reccomended) by the supplier very similar to Ajax, it cleans well but a dull finish
Yeh, I know the type, harsh & gritty. Like you say good for cleaning dirty green window frames but deffo not for a van!

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
What is it like keep banging your head against a wall Charlie.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back