Renault Master Servicing

Discussion in 'Renault' started by PilgrimPhil, Apr 3, 2008.

1. PilgrimPhil

PilgrimPhil Read Only Funster

Our Knaus will be 2 years old in June 2008 and will be due it's 1st service.

I am aware that an ordinary Renault garage will not be able to carry out the servicing of motorhomes and thatgRenault Trucks can.

The question is - do I actually have to have it serviced by a Renault dealership? Can a local garage carry it out? There are no problems with the Renault at all, so it would just be a routine service.

We are based in King's Lynn

PilgrimPhil

2. 2escapees

2escapees Deleted User

I would have had it serviced after 12 months rather than let the mileage dictate when the service is needed.

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

No reason why a normal garage cannot service it providing they use genuine Renault replacement parts as regards any ongoing warranty.

Peter

4. PilgrimPhil

Thanks for those replies,

Our mileage is just under 10,000 at the moment. We do try & use it as much as we can, but we do have to work (for the next year at least!)

Thanks John - I assumed that any "truck" garage would be able to service it - I was just concerned with a First Service being carried out by a non Renault garage.

I have a couple in King's Lynn that I will sound out.

Then it is on to the habitation & damp check at Lowdhams!
    PilgrimPhil

5. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

I would just like to add, the Garage also has to be VAT registered,to comply with warranty rules
    Cos we all know if your vat registered you must be a good mechanic:Wink:
    Geo

6. scotchjock

scotchjock Read Only Funster

Renault first service

Renault told me that the first service was due 12 months after it was delivered to the convertor. That date was 10 months after I bought it new. It is an import, so I don't know whether that makes a difference.

7. PilgrimPhil

I know that I was surprised that the First service was due at 2 years. I'm fairly confident that the Renault & Knaus documentation does state 2 years or a certain mileage (certainly more than the 10,000 currently covered). A fellow Sun Ti owner is/was under the same impression.

PilgrimPhil

8. oldun

oldun Read Only Funster

I have been told by the local Renault garage, after checking on the computer using the VIN number, that my 2007 master is due for a service every 12 months or after a certain mileage.