Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile coa
Exp
2 + 1/2 years
Our Knaus will be 2 years old in June 2008 and will be due it's 1st service.

I am aware that an ordinary Renault garage will not be able to carry out the servicing of motorhomes and thatgRenault Trucks can.

The question is - do I actually have to have it serviced by a Renault dealership? Can a local garage carry it out? There are no problems with the Renault at all, so it would just be a routine service.

We are based in King's Lynn

PilgrimPhil

2escapees

Deleted User
I would have had it serviced after 12 months rather than let the mileage dictate when the service is needed.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Our Knaus will be 2 years old in June 2008 and will be due it's 1st service.

I am aware that an ordinary Renault garage will not be able to carry out the servicing of motorhomes and thatgRenault Trucks can.

The question is - do I actually have to have it serviced by a Renault dealership? Can a local garage carry it out? There are no problems with the Renault at all, so it would just be a routine service.

We are based in King's Lynn

PilgrimPhil

No reason why a normal garage cannot service it providing they use genuine Renault replacement parts as regards any ongoing warranty.

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

PilgrimPhil

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile coa
Exp
2 + 1/2 years
Thanks for those replies,

Our mileage is just under 10,000 at the moment. We do try & use it as much as we can, but we do have to work (for the next year at least!)

Thanks John - I assumed that any "truck" garage would be able to service it - I was just concerned with a First Service being carried out by a non Renault garage.

I have a couple in King's Lynn that I will sound out.

Then it is on to the habitation & damp check at Lowdhams!
PilgrimPhil

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I would just like to add, the Garage also has to be VAT registered,to comply with warranty rules
Cos we all know if your vat registered you must be a good mechanic:winky:
Geo

scotchjock

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Lunan Bay
Funster No
MH
C class
Renault first service

Renault told me that the first service was due 12 months after it was delivered to the convertor. That date was 10 months after I bought it new. It is an import, so I don't know whether that makes a difference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P

PilgrimPhil

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile coa
Exp
2 + 1/2 years
I know that I was surprised that the First service was due at 2 years. I'm fairly confident that the Renault & Knaus documentation does state 2 years or a certain mileage (certainly more than the 10,000 currently covered). A fellow Sun Ti owner is/was under the same impression.

PilgrimPhil

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
I have been told by the local Renault garage, after checking on the computer using the VIN number, that my 2007 master is due for a service every 12 months or after a certain mileage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back