Remapping a fiat (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2014
France
Funster No
MH
Pilote G691 LCE
Exp
Since 1974
I chose the 160hp option mainly because of the fragile Ducato clutch.
I paid £190 and the guy came to my house.
I let you know if I think it was worth it

I've noticed you mention the "fragile Ducato clutch" the only one that fits that description was the 2.8 not the later ones, unless of course you are referring to the robotic gearbox one .

Sep 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb Ford 170
Exp
September 2019
I'd leave the 2.2 alone. its a good engine & was designed between Ford & the Peugeot group, but when messed around with can have problems with pistons melting.
Ignore such absolute nonsense as above.
Every car we have had for the last 20 years (and that is lots) has been remapped. With cars the results are astounding.
You will have a far smaller difference with a motorhome, but you will get a vehicle that is far easier to drive and depending on how you drive, less downward gear shifts are needed. There will be an improvement in economy mainly due to being able to hold higher gears longer due to the increased torque.
There will be absolutely zero impact on reliability and absolutely no clutch or gearbox problems. In particular you will NOT have a problem with 'melting pistons'!
Get it done as soon as you can and please report back. I am certain that you will be delighted.

Nov 1, 2021
Lanarkshire, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Burstner IXEO Time
Exp
Complete newbie
Remapping a motorhome .

It has been suggested to me in respect of fuel prices as they are.
That a remap could help with fuel economy and a little extra power. Not much on either.

Is there such a thing as a remap for a Fiat Ducato 2.2. 2003. Diesal engine. ?

Anyone here on the forum had a remap and did it make any difference .

I know I will be getting OH you must tell the insurance company.

And Cost wise may not be regained by fuel savings.
But let’s do this one stage at a time.

There are companies near me that do this sort of thing.
And so far as costs go it will be what it will be.

But the burning question is will it improve fuel and performance or destroy the engine
Over the long or short term.

I have not asked the company that demos the remapping as I expect them to say everything
Would be o.k .

But will it ?
I’ve just remapped my 2017 2.3 130hp ducato to 160bhp. I have just driven almost non stop from Amsterdam to south of Grenoble in France. Ave 28.8mpg. Less than I had hoped for but averaging 60-7mph. Definitely notice difference in pulling power.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I've noticed you mention the "fragile Ducato clutch" the only one that fits that description was the 2.8 not the later ones, unless of course you are referring to the robotic gearbox one .
My 2012 euro5 2.3 started slipping at 40k miles. The mechanic who changed it said it wasn't unusual.
I'm of a mind that euro 6 has throttled the 2.3 engine so much that they have started boosting the HP to compensate.
That could it also be the reason they are now pushing the ZF auto gearbox that they know will handle all the extra torque and HP.

Jul 1, 2016
shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner T620g
Exp
since 1969
I’ve just remapped my 2017 2.3 130hp ducato to 160bhp. I have just driven almost non stop from Amsterdam to south of Grenoble in France. Ave 28.8mpg. Less than I had hoped for but averaging 60-7mph. Definitely notice difference in pulling power.
Please would you tell us what remap you had.

Sep 4, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV80
Could not agree more with Terry L My advice would be let things settle down first at least 6 to 8 thousand miles They are not high performance vehicles Like I have said many times just chill enjoy life at a much more slower pace if you can't do this you really must ask yourself what am I doing with a motorhome
You’re right that I am getting a feel for a motorhome and I do need to learn the feel of the van etc. I am wanting to not keep changing down in a minimally loaded van though as I progress up a hill. The reason for a making change is to keep a steady 55 to 60 up a hill definitely not to be out racing 😜.

Sep 4, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV80
Ignore such absolute nonsense as above.
Every car we have had for the last 20 years (and that is lots) has been remapped. With cars the results are astounding.
You will have a far smaller difference with a motorhome, but you will get a vehicle that is far easier to drive and depending on how you drive, less downward gear shifts are needed. There will be an improvement in economy mainly due to being able to hold higher gears longer due to the increased torque.
There will be absolutely zero impact on reliability and absolutely no clutch or gearbox problems. In particular you will NOT have a problem with 'melting pistons'!
Get it done as soon as you can and please report back. I am certain that you will be delighted.
Who have you used for your remapping?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back