Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Majestic 155
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi again, just reading a post that mentions gasit refillable bottles, where do you get these bottles refilled, what are the pros and cons of these please?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
It may open a can of worms if we lobby petrol forecourts to charge only 5% vat.....they may take the line that the pumps are to be used only as road fuel

Indeed.
Filling my car today at my 'best price' Shell station, pump happened to be next to LPG outlet and I noticed this;

Broken Link Removed

I suspect this is the definitive answer about getting reduced VAT at a road fuel outlet.
They may well be happy for you to fill your tank, but unequivocally, its being sold (and taxed) as road fuel.

Upvote 0
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
cons = cost i guess. GasIt offer reasonably priced kit

pros = les hassle, no changing bottles, no problems travelling country to country through Europe, where LPG available in a good few fuel stations (POI available) what's not to like:)
And ... No more exchanging half full bottles just because you couldn't tell how much gas is left inside

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you only have to weigh the bottle . then take off the tare weight . thats usually on the bottle stamped in . you then know how much is in your gas bottle .
buy a cheap parcel spring scale or look in a reimo catalogue they sell gas bottle weighing scales.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Different van, filler on opposite side, how many use pumps with LPG both sides. our local place which did no longer sells LPG and other supplier not possible to come onto forecourt 'wrong way round' think I may be doing a tour of LPG places in the car.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back