Recommended Sites in Italy (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2017
Buckinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Select 164
Hi Funsters,
I am not familiar with Italy at all as we usually do France & Spain, but we are booked on the Tunnel Crossing and heading off to do a quick ( 3 week ) tour of parts of Italy from 23/06/24.

I intend to go to (1) Lake Como first for a couple of nights, via France into Switzerland (i have just purchased my E Vignette). So anyone with recommended sites that they have first hand experience of would be very much appreciated.

We also want to go on to the following places/ regions so any help would be appreciated.
(2) Cinq Terre area 3/4 nights
(3) Pisa
(4) Florence

(5) Venice
Then have a 3 to 4 day drive back to the Tunnel to go home.

We have a 6.36m PVC, and we carry our 125cc Vespa on the rear rack, so we dont have to be right on the doorstep of any of these areas but 30/40 mins max would be ideal. Like sites with most of the facilities ie pool and and a bit of space on the pitch....
Dont want to book campsites too far in advance as things can be fluid. We have never had any problems finding sites in France and Spain by just turning up ad hoc.
Any IAG on the above would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. Mark

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Some sites
Camping hermitage - Merano
Mantova - sosta
Camping fusina for Venice - it’s ok

Mar 12, 2021
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
carthago e line 64xl
Exp
Hu camping in Florence very good with courtesy coach restaurant and supermarket just trying to think where we stopped in Venice opposite garden hotel by holiday inn

Roby2008

Free Member
May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
Pisa has a stellplatz on the edge of the city, easy cycling/riding in, the tower is worth a sunset visit but expect to pay 25€ to climb it.
Lido di Jeselo has quite a few sites, for Venice there are ferries every day across the lagoon from the end, Union Lido is one of the bigger sites.
A Google maps search on Jeselo will give you many options.......BTW,the stellplatz in Jeselo is noisy with narrow plots and a 7m limit on a lot of it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I can recommend Camping Baia Verde on Lake Garda

Jan 6, 2024
Cheshire, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Warwick XL MQ
Exp
Since 1986
When near Pisa we stayed at:

It's just outside the city on a small lake. Very relaxing and laid back site, with a nice restaurant on site too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back