Recall by Swift of habitation doors (1 Viewer)

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
The news today regarding having a replacement door for my E560 is that the one sent to my agent in February, damaged on arrival, is to be resprayed to make it perfect! that my agent says, is the best way of getting the door sorted. So many have been damaged in transit through poor wrapping and protection, that Swift are now being requested to pay for rework on new materials. No doubt that cost will be recovered from the manufacturer.
Hopefully my 'new door' will be installed this spring.
Geoff

When did you first notify Swift re this prob with door?...My dealership have not had any communication from Swift yet nor have i..wonder if Swift have stopped monitoring MHF...Dave

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Dave,

We are still here and reading all the posts.

I have your details, so will ask our Customer Care team to investigate why there has been no communication between your dealer and us.

Thanks,

Ash

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Dave,

We are still here and reading all the posts.

I have your details, so will ask our Customer Care team to investigate why there has been no communication between your dealer and us.

Thanks,

Ash
Thank you Ash for this reply...The dealership have been told by warranty comp: that it has been refused but Swift will replace said door under good will...When/where or how this will happen has not been mentioned by anyone...in the meantime the ferry booking and sites booked for our trip across Europe arranged for the middle of April will have to be canceled because of safety and security issues with the door.In saying that perhaps you can understand how annoyed and disgusted i'am with the lack of communication from Swift and the amount of money my wife and i are loosing in cancellations...Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GeoffM

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
two
Davejm
I have been having some difficulty locking the door with the key fob remote for nearly 12 months and there never was a close fit at the seal. When I had the 'van in for some warranty work (14th December) I mentioned problem to the engineer who then diagnosed that the door was delaminating adjacent to the hinge side. It clearly flexed about the edge seal strip: This he said was indicative of many Swift doors and he would order same under warranty. It duly arrived in February but now I await a date for the final installation. Meanwhile I like others received the recall letters.
There does appear to be some lack of communication between Agent and Swift that I have discovered again this week.
The number of warranty visits so far has been quite staggering. On many occassions my 'better half' has suggested leaving the van with the manufacturer and demanding full refund. I'm philosophical enough to think that nobody intentionally make a rogue vehicle!
Geoff

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
just been out to our repairer regarding recall on hab door , he has asked me for our emi number , whats that all i have is a very long ref number from swift in an e,mail :Blush::Blush::Blush:

GeoffM

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
two
Theresa.
Latest news on my replacement door is that Swift are obtaining another complete new door from the manufacturer and dispatching same asap to Marquis for an installation in early May. Earliest date the worshop can fit the work in.
I like some others am a bit concerned about the catch that will project beyond the side of the 'van. I will wait and see the outcome.
Geoff.

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Theresa.
Latest news on my replacement door is that Swift are obtaining another complete new door from the manufacturer and dispatching same asap to Marquis for an installation in early May. Earliest date the worshop can fit the work in.
I like some others am a bit concerned about the catch that will project beyond the side of the 'van. I will wait and see the outcome.
Geoff.

Geoff imo reading from others that have had new door fitted is not the same as the one coming off...not 100% on this maybe someone will tell us.In respect to my door Swift have sent a new one to my dealer who are fitting it on the 20th April so will be able to confirm with you then...Dave

Theresa....If you contact Ash on this forum he will be able to help you out...Dave

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
Geoff imo reading from others that have had new door fitted is not the same as the one coming off...not 100% on this maybe someone will tell us.In respect to my door Swift have sent a new one to my dealer who are fitting it on the 20th April so will be able to confirm with you then...Dave

Theresa....If you contact Ash on this forum he will be able to help you out...Dave

i was told by someone who had new door fitted that the replacement door has not such a good bin on them and that the window in the door dose not open :Blush:

GeoffM

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
two
Theresa,
The new door is quite different to the original Bessacarr door, the window still operates much as before but set to one side slightly, the bin is smaller, the external handle is all black (not aesthetically pleasing to me), and may have a door keep for holding it back against the 'van skirt when fully open.
It is said that the closing operation is more solid, it should close properly against the door seal and proove to be an effective solution to our problems.
Geoff

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
Theresa,
The new door is quite different to the original Bessacarr door, the window still operates much as before but set to one side slightly, the bin is smaller, the external handle is all black (not aesthetically pleasing to me), and may have a door keep for holding it back against the 'van skirt when fully open.
It is said that the closing operation is more solid, it should close properly against the door seal and proove to be an effective solution to our problems.
Geoff

will have to wait and see what we will have done to our door, its always been rubbish at closing , waiting to hear from swift regarding a number , think it must be a job number or some thing , i have had an e,mail telling me yes there is a call back and swift will pay and sent them our chassis number as they requested .:Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Hab Door

The Replacement door is fantastic complete seal and you don't have to slam it closed

Bill

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
The Replacement door is fantastic complete seal and you don't have to slam it closed

Bill

wow that sounds good ,:thumb: i hate having to slam the bl---dy door all the time , :Angry:i am hoping if thats the case ours will need to be replaced :Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush: and not just the strut :Blush:

keithfal

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
Worcester area
Funster No
MH
C class Ducato LP
Exp
36 months
Bassie hab doors recall

Has anyone had a recall by swift of their habitation door. Just heard about this today, and not sure if it is last year 2009 models.

Hi, Just to let you know of my experience with a Bessacarr E520 2007 (reg 08) purchased last year. I have heard of problems with the habitation doors and it was evident that mine has and still has problems with fit and lockings and distortion/delamination. This means that it is not safe nor secure or airtight (noise whilst travelling) nor watertight when travelling in the wet. I referred this to my dealer who made a report to Swift who were supposed to send someone to inspect it. After five weeks waiting, I emailed Swift who responded by agreeing to replace the door without a survey. At the current time I am waiting for the door to arrive so it can be fitted - this takes at least a days work due to the central locking. I hope that the new door is better but what I have heard is that many motorhomes have problems with their habitation doors, perhaps due to the flexing of coachbuilt bodies. The recall you have heard of is to replace the gas strut with a simple catch to stop some of the flexing and applies to 2007 - 2009 models - this job takes an hour or so.
Good luck
Keithfal:thumb:

keithfal

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
Worcester area
Funster No
MH
C class Ducato LP
Exp
36 months
The saga continues

The blessed new door that we had waited for for nearly 10 months decided to jam open (well the bottom lock did) while we were camped at Bushmills four days into our long awaited Ireland tour.:Angry: Air was a bit blue I can tell you. Phoned Swift to ask what to do and was told to take to Ballyclare (Hagans leisure) there being only 2 Swift dealers in Ireland. 150 mile round trip. Took three and half hours to get the lock disabled so we could continue touring. Hagans wouldnt undertake (they said) warranty work for another dealer. Now back in the land of Swift dealers and Marquis were very concerned and took the vehicle in and fixed the lock (Foreman said it was a simple adjustment but habitation doors were a "black art" and said I should go back again in a few weeks to have it adjusted again as the rubber seals compressed.
Am I a happy bunny? Not really - lost a day and a half of our holiday plus 3 hours and the fuel to get it fixed AND have lost confidence in the new replacement door.
Incidentally we were saved by using our Fiamma security latch to keep the door shut otherwise would have had to go home.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back