Recall by Swift of habitation doors (1 Viewer)

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Andy do you know if there is a problem as i have got it booked in on sat 6th to have this modification done again:thumb: my concern is that when the door opens it will push against the 240 volt skt

Bill

If your having it done AGAIN Bill ..why did it not work properly in the first place:whatthe:....hope it works now....Dave

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
we have a E769 (07) the door would not shut fully and we found it had droped so we undid the hinges and slid it up. it closes better but we still have to close it firmly , the locks do not help as the rods in them wobble around as they are loose . also i find the door strut stops the door going back far enough , makeing the gap quite narrow .

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
we have a E769 (07) the door would not shut fully and we found it had droped so we undid the hinges and slid it up. it closes better but we still have to close it firmly , the locks do not help as the rods in them wobble around as they are loose . also i find the door strut stops the door going back far enough , makeing the gap quite narrow .

Have been to the dealership with mine...had it looked at and they verified it needs a new door and frame...dealership said they would contact Swift to order..it could take 8/10 weeks before they get it...Have heard their has been a problem with certain make doors...take your m/h to a dealership and let them sort it...be lucky...Dave

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
Have been to the dealership with mine...had it looked at and they verified it needs a new door and frame...dealership said they would contact Swift to order..it could take 8/10 weeks before they get it...Have heard their has been a problem with certain make doors...take your m/h to a dealership and let them sort it...be lucky...Dave

thanks dave have sent dealer an e,mail already and will be going back there on our return home from spain for some other small things that need sorting :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
I have a Swift Voyager 685fb the door was not closing properly from day 1. The bottom lock was not working properly and you had to really slam the door shut to lock it.

the door was replaced about 10 months ago now and i have had no more problems with it. It is a totally different door with a much more substantial locking mechanism it feels of much better quality and you don`t have to slam it shut anymore.
I had the work done at my local Swift dealers it took about 8 wks for the manufacturers to supply swift with it and the dealers had it in the workshops for 1 day Must say i am well pleased with it and can only thank Swift and Cleveland motor homes for doing a good job. :thumb::thumb:

AllanMcD

Free Member
Feb 8, 2010
Funster No
I had a phone call today saying I could take my Bolero 600 to Livingston for the mod but its 220 miles round trip so I will just take my chances.
If it falls off it falls off :Eeek:
(There were no Scottish dealers on the list)
Allan

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I had a phone call today saying I could take my Bolero 600 to Livingston for the mod but its 220 miles round trip so I will just take my chances.
If it falls off it falls off :Eeek:
(There were no Scottish dealers on the list)
Allan

I'd say it's better to do the 220 miles with the door on than 220 miles with the door hanging off knowing you will have to pay over £1K for a new one.

Can you not ask what the mod is and could you do it yourself ?

AllanMcD

Free Member
Feb 8, 2010
Funster No
I'd say it's better to do the 220 miles with the door on than 220 miles with the door hanging off knowing you will have to pay over £1K for a new one.

Can you not ask what the mod is and could you do it yourself ?

I will have a look at it I am a mechanic so will use my own judjment.
The door has never fitted well we have had it from new just gone 2 years old.
Allan

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
had e,mail from swift today telling us we can take the van to aproved repairer for recall on hab door, dose anyone know if caraliesure at scorrier near redruth cornwall are an aproved swift repairer. or where can i get a list westcountry aproved repairers :Blush::Blush: as we are based near falmouth in cornwall :Doh:

ddavewoods

Free Member
Jan 9, 2010
South West
Funster No
Exp
ours doesnt shut properly either

our Kon Tiki 645 2007 doesnt shut properly at the bottom either, needs a damn good slam to secure it, dealer told me this was normal !

sent e mail to swift today.

I have a 2007 Kon Tiki 645 the bottom catch of the door does not fit properly and needs to be slammed to make it close, I have taken it to the dealer who says that this is NORMAL i cannot beleive that is the case, please could you advise.

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
our Kon Tiki 645 2007 doesnt shut properly at the bottom either, needs a damn good slam to secure it, dealer told me this was normal !

sent e mail to swift today.

I have a 2007 Kon Tiki 645 the bottom catch of the door does not fit properly and needs to be slammed to make it close, I have taken it to the dealer who says that this is NORMAL i cannot beleive that is the case, please could you advise.

Hi don`t be fobbed off by your dealer if you`r not satisfied with them get in touch with Swift . If the door on your motor home is the same type that was fitted to my voyager it will probably need replacement or at least checking .

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Habitation Door

I received a letter from Swift on the 15th jan 2010 asking me to book my m/home into the local dealers to have a simple mod done(Removal of gas strut and the fitment of a door/stop retainer) droped of m/home on sat 6th feb and due to pick it up sat 13th feb this suits me.Low&Behold i get a second letter to day telling me to book my m/home in to have a mod done to the habitation door this time they state that my door requires the replacement of the fitted pressurised gas strut and replaced with a non pressurised strut also a lower door retainer i contacted the dealer to see if they are aware of this revised mod they are in the dark and have not rec the letter from Swift i scaned in the letter and e/mailed them i also contact Swift but just got the run around i know that sometimes Swift monitor this Forum and wonder if he can shed some light on this also i have the e765s model thedoor cant go back to the wall because of the 240 volt supply skt

Bill:Angry:

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Bill.

I can understand the confusion surrounding the Euramax Doors, but I have already answered your question earlier today (just in case you missed it):

Link Removed

And Andy has also responded to your specific question regarding the opening of the door earlier in this thread (again, just in case it was missed):

Link Removed

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, I'll be gald to help.

Thanks,

Ash
technicalsupport@swiftliesure.co.uk

Last edited:

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Hi Bill.

I can understand the confusion surrounding the Euramax Doors, but I have already answered your question earlier today (just in case you missed it):

Link Removed

And Andy has also responded to your specific question regarding the opening of the door earlier in this thread (again, just in case it was missed):

Link Removed

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly, I'll be gald to help.

Thanks,

Ash

YES Ash their is a lot of confusion over these doors and no one at Swift seems to be doing anything about it...I for one have written/phoned..I've even had the dealership tell me thats it not the gas strut thats at fault it's the door itself and it needs replacing but will take 8/10 weeks before they can get the door from Swift...dont you have these parts in stock...or at least lias to the dealers on the customers behalf and cut the red tape that goes on at Swift....too many chiefs and not enough indians...the end word should be CUSTOMER CARE and that sells motorhomes...Yours respectfully...Dave..(1 unhappy customer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
Hi Bill.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Thanks,

Ash

Ash the point im trying to make is when i went to the dealers with my m/home they only new about the door stop not the gas strut and to date they still dont know what to do i had to e/mail them Swifts last letter about the gas strut Also when we looked at the door stop parts they received from swift it became aparent that the door on my Model would not go back far enough to the wall because of the 240 volt skt that is next to the door. I Also complined to your Tech dept about having to slam the door to shut even at that the door does not close properly i was told that this was not a problem and quote( the door was designed to be slamed )this door has been back on 3 ocassions to the dealer in order for them to secure the rods within the door as they are always coming loose i have sent 4 e/mails last week and yesterday to swift to try and get closure on this no respone what so ever from Swifts c/services when you think that you pay 57k for this model to get trated like this is ridiculous i realy admire your input to this forum at times it must be hard it is a pity there are not more like you within the Swift Group

Thanks

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Bill,

I can understand your frustration, and if you would like to send me an e-mail / PM with your details, I can ask our Customer Care team to investigate why you have not had a response to your e-mails.

I would add it does take a few days to respond, simply because of the volume of enquiries we receive.

Thanks,

Ash

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
Habitation Door

Guys
Just to keep you up to date regarding this door my dealer contacted swift (not the other way round as promised)the up shot is that swift did not inform the dealer that they should relace the strut not just the stop catch The reslt of which is they now await the parts required my m/home has already been with the dealer for a week and i was looking forward to Glencoe this w/end (dont think so) i have e/mailed Swift c/servies to see as away of customer care they could sent the strut over night i await there :Angry:response and will keep you up to date of developments

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
Hi Bill,

I can understand your frustration, and if you would like to send me an e-mail / PM with your details, I can ask our Customer Care team to investigate why you have not had a response to your e-mails.

I would add it does take a few days to respond, simply because of the volume of enquiries we receive.

Thanks,

Ash

Ash i seem to have had some problems sending pm did you get the one am to day and my e/mail

Thanks again for your Help

Bill:thumb:

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Bill,

Please accept my apologies, it seems I typed my e-mail address incorrect, it should have read: technicalsupport@swiftleisure.co.uk.

However, I have received your PM, and have passed it over to our Customer Care Team for their investigation. I have asked that someone from their team contact you directly.

Thanks,

Ash

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
Hi Bill,

Please accept my apologies, it seems I typed my e-mail address incorrect, it should have read: technicalsupport@swiftleisure.co.uk.

However, I have received your PM, and have passed it over to our Customer Care Team for their investigation. I have asked that someone from their team contact you directly.

Thanks,

Ash

Ash rec e/mail last night from head of team door resolved once again thanks for all your help and assistance

Bill:thumb:

ddavewoods

Free Member
Jan 9, 2010
South West
Funster No
Exp
Hi don`t be fobbed off by your dealer if you`r not satisfied with them get in touch with Swift . If the door on your motor home is the same type that was fitted to my voyager it will probably need replacement or at least checking .

got a recall letter regarding the door from swift today it says about having the gas strut replaced with a non pressurised version and a lower door retainer fitted to stop the door flexing.

all well and good, but the door doesnt close properly already, it has to be slammed shut for the bottom catch to make properly.

does this mean the door is already warped, or do you think the mods will correct it ??

Dave

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
got a recall letter regarding the door from swift today it says about having the gas strut replaced with a non pressurised version and a lower door retainer fitted to stop the door flexing.

all well and good, but the door doesnt close properly already, it has to be slammed shut for the bottom catch to make properly.

does this mean the door is already warped, or do you think the mods will correct it ??

Dave

Like most on this topic best advise would be...Take the m/h to your dealership get them to decide if door needs replacing..they will then put claim into Swift..then wait for another engineer from the warrenty to inspect it..this is the way i have had to do it..my sugestion get it in A.S.A.P...Dave

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
hab door update

See your door has been done in such a very short time Baily..well done:thumb:...Have just got back from a week in Spain and quess what on the doormat was my 3rd letter tellling me of a defect to the hab door..i then phoned Swift to be told the warranty dept: have inspected the m/h..(which by the way is in a locked barn in a secured storage)and have refused the work because I'm the 2nd owner even though the m/h is only 2yr old...so much for warrentys....Will be going down on Sat: to a dealership for px...maybe Hymer/?/?/?...Dave

GeoffM

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
two
We too have had three letters for recall on the Bessacarr door.
The door has never fitted too good from new so we had to slam it to close at the bottom; the remote locking failed to operate correctly and the service engineer has confirmed that the door has delaminated, hence new door and frame.
We would have had a new unit fitted last Friday but the door was delivered to our agent damaged. Apparently, many doors are delivered unfit to install and the delays in getting new units is frustrating, to say the least.
No matter! all will be sorted at some stage.

keithfal

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
Worcester area
Funster No
MH
C class Ducato LP
Exp
36 months
Has anyone had a recall by swift of their habitation door. Just heard about this today, and not sure if it is last year 2009 models.

Hi, My E520 (07) had a recall job on the habitation door done last week. It involved removing the gas strut that keeps the door open and replacing it with a small plastic catch to hold the door against the body when in use. Apparently the strut was causing damage to the door due to its strength of action - the "new" arrangement is the old caravan style fitting and gives considerably better access since the door is now out of the way when you climb into the van.
Keithfal:thumb:

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
An engineer came to fix our at home but he says we need a new door.
Allan

Like most with the same problem on this thread you will find some have been lucky and had the work done very quickly...others,myself included are still waitng even after making various calls/journeys and e.mails and not getting much resonce...it's a question of too many indians and not enough chiefs...wish you luck and do keep us all posted:thumb:...Dave

GeoffM

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
two
The news today regarding having a replacement door for my E560 is that the one sent to my agent in February, damaged on arrival, is to be resprayed to make it perfect! that my agent says, is the best way of getting the door sorted. So many have been damaged in transit through poor wrapping and protection, that Swift are now being requested to pay for rework on new materials. No doubt that cost will be recovered from the manufacturer.
Hopefully my 'new door' will be installed this spring.
Geoff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back