rear view reversing camera

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by ShiftZZ, Sep 4, 2011.

1. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

wifi?
    sensors
    camera
    colour black and white

how much should i be looking at to pay for full installation?

any recommendations

2. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Check out Dave Newell in Telford ! Great bloke always does a good job for me, and reasonably priced !:thumb:

3. keith

keith Funster

DIY or pay to have it fitted? Lots onEbay.

I fitted a small WiFi one myself & it's fine, saves running wire trough the van. :thumb:

Colour definitely, much nicer to look at & I think you see more definition. :BigGrin:

Sensors, no good if you tow. :Wink:

Edit: Must read post more carefully - don't know about fitting costs.

4. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

reversing camera system

Shiftzz, Old Boy check out autotrail online shop they are on e.bay I saw a cracking system on their yesterday for £165 which includes a 10 inch tv all in one folding unit which fits in the cab roof very nice :thumb:it may just be the right one for your van :BigGrin:

5. Swift

Swift

Go for dual lens if you can, it has downwards reversing view and straight back which is brilliant at night (light intensifying) with the right system and also when cruising as it will show motorcycles or other vehicles out of mirror or rear window view. We have the Waeco system with dual lens :thumb:

Oh and in reverse mode you have sound so you hear the crash as well :Rofl1:

My system automatically engages reverse view (downwards) when you go in reverse gear, but you can opt for either when driving.with a lovely large colour screen.

http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/reversingcameras/rearvisionsystems-twinlenscamera.htm

This may help as well: http://www.conrad-anderson.co.uk/reversingcameras/which-reversing-camera.htm

6. keith

keith Funster

But don't try watching Corrie on the M6. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

My choice is a hard wired, good quality b/w system, camera with LEDs that gives a crystal-clear picture, even in complete darkness.

Proper reversing monitors (as opposed to TV screens) have two white dotted converging lines, they show the actual space required to reverse into ..

I fitted this in my RV .. and it was superb .. Black and White Reversing Camera System - CRT245

You get what you pay for.. good is not cheap .. starting from around £250

8. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi

Would go for a B/W hard wired. I had my first fitted a few years ago and have never been without since. Why I say hard wired a good friend who had a wireless camera that up to then he had been happy with, when he saw mine swapped over to a hard-wired version as he said it was so much clearer.

9. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Hard wired only choice. there are kits on ebay with 7" monitors from as low as £50, I paid £65 for mine 2 years ago, it has been faultless. Wired in so that I can have it switched on all the time to use as a rear veiw mirror. It has 2 inputs, plus TV input so you could add a second camera (suicide seat veiw maybe or interior rear veiw, tow bar for easy hookup) the choice is endless, additional cameras around £15 each.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-REAR-...2?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item256419e240
    have a look and make your choice, some kits include GPS, others TV input etc. colour is great some cameras include sound as well you really don't need to spend a fortune for a good system.