MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
wifi?
sensors
camera
colour black and white

how much should i be looking at to pay for full installation?

any recommendations

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
wifi?
sensors
camera
colour black and white

how much should i be looking at to pay for full installation?

any recommendations

DIY or pay to have it fitted? Lots onEbay.

I fitted a small WiFi one myself & it's fine, saves running wire trough the van. :thumb:

Colour definitely, much nicer to look at & I think you see more definition. ::bigsmile:

Sensors, no good if you tow. :winky:

Edit: Must read post more carefully - don't know about fitting costs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
reversing camera system

Shiftzz, Old Boy check out autotrail online shop they are on e.bay I saw a cracking system on their yesterday for £165 which includes a 10 inch tv all in one folding unit which fits in the cab roof very nice :thumb:it may just be the right one for your van ::bigsmile:

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Go for dual lens if you can, it has downwards reversing view and straight back which is brilliant at night (light intensifying) with the right system and also when cruising as it will show motorcycles or other vehicles out of mirror or rear window view. We have the Waeco system with dual lens :thumb:

Oh and in reverse mode you have sound so you hear the crash as well :ROFLMAO:

My system automatically engages reverse view (downwards) when you go in reverse gear, but you can opt for either when driving.with a lovely large colour screen.

Link Removed

This may help as well: Link Removed

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Shiftzz, Old Boy check out autotrail online shop they are on e.bay I saw a cracking system on their yesterday for £165 which includes a 10 inch tv all in one folding unit which fits in the cab roof very nice :thumb:it may just be the right one for your van ::bigsmile:

But don't try watching Corrie on the M6. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
My choice is a hard wired, good quality b/w system, camera with LEDs that gives a crystal-clear picture, even in complete darkness.

Proper reversing monitors (as opposed to TV screens) have two white dotted converging lines, they show the actual space required to reverse into ..

I fitted this in my RV .. and it was superb .. Link Removed

You get what you pay for.. good is not cheap .. starting from around £250

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Would go for a B/W hard wired. I had my first fitted a few years ago and have never been without since. Why I say hard wired a good friend who had a wireless camera that up to then he had been happy with, when he saw mine swapped over to a hard-wired version as he said it was so much clearer.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hard wired only choice. there are kits on ebay with 7" monitors from as low as £50, I paid £65 for mine 2 years ago, it has been faultless. Wired in so that I can have it switched on all the time to use as a rear veiw mirror. It has 2 inputs, plus TV input so you could add a second camera (suicide seat veiw maybe or interior rear veiw, tow bar for easy hookup) the choice is endless, additional cameras around £15 each.
Link Removed
have a look and make your choice, some kits include GPS, others TV input etc. colour is great some cameras include sound as well you really don't need to spend a fortune for a good system.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back