Rapido 866F 2013 Battery Flat (2 Viewers)

samdenton1

Free Member
Jan 21, 2023
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866F
Hi everybody, we bought our motorhome about six months ago and absolutely love it, it’s been parked up for a couple of months without using it and as I went to start it today I realised that the battery was flat and it wouldn’t turn over. I was going to whip it off and charge it up when I looked under the bonnet, I realised that it wasn’t there, ha ha. There are two batteries in our garage, but they both look like leisure batteries to me, is one of them the vehicle battery?

OP
OP
S

samdenton1

Free Member
Jan 21, 2023
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866F
Also… we have a solar panel on top which I understand keeps the leisure batteries topped up but should that also be charging the vehicle battery? If so, obviously I may have an issue.

OP
OP
S

samdenton1

Free Member
Jan 21, 2023
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866F
Thanks a lot mate, really appreciate the reply. Do you think you access it from a panel on the floor of the cab then somehow?

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
Plenty of Youtube videos on how to locate and remove it.

The usual culprits that flatten batteries in storage even with a solar panel are: alarm systems, main control panel left on, lights inadvertently left on in fact anything left switched on apart obviously from the alarm.

Would also recommend a Van Bitz Battery Master which keeps the engine battery trickle charged from the habitation battery https://www.vanbitz.com/the-van-bitz-battery-master/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

samdenton1

Free Member
Jan 21, 2023
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866F
Plenty of Youtube videos on how to locate and remove it.

The usual culprits that flatten batteries in storage even with a solar panel are: alarm systems, main control panel left on, lights inadvertently left on in fact anything left switched on apart obviously from the alarm.

Would also recommend a Van Bitz Battery Master which keeps the engine battery trickle charged from the habitation battery https://www.vanbitz.com/the-van-bitz-battery-master/
This looks great Kups, I'm going to order one, what a wicked idea :giggle:

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
This looks great Kups, I'm going to order one, what a wicked idea :giggle:
Great. You can have it fitted if you live anywhere near Taunton, or make a trip and stay on their campsite.
Funsters get a 10% discount at Van Bitz so mention your membership.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back