Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
she could've said hello to 3 people so that doesn't back up any argument
Maybe those three people don't want to say a cheery 'hello' to your dog?
I'm 100% sure that the owner wouldn't have released a killer dog onto society
I can see you don't live in either Manchester or Liverpool, where SOME use their dogs as a weapon of choice.

You seem to be under the misconception that the world wants to greet your dog. Why not keep the dog leashed until your satisfied your not going to meet someone who may be in fear of dogs? To assume that everyone likes dogs, or especially your dog, is really not the right attitude to take. As I said previously, you are entitled to defend yourself from any animal, if you consider that animal to be either a threat. That right is enshrined in law. Personally, I wouldn't have risked my bare hands. A sharp flat kick to a dogs side or rear is a good deterrent in THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES!

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
. If somebody was to clout my dog round the earhole in the same situation my wife would not have any hesitation in doing the same to whoever hit her dog.

An uncontrolled dog and a fighting wife.
I would move to a different pitch :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
What didn't you like about Spain ?
Well, the bits I have seen were dirty, the people were rude and the shopkeepers were robbers. The Police acted like the Gestapo, and the place was filthy. Apart from that, no probs. (y)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Maybe those three people don't want to say a cheery 'hello' to your dog?

It makes no difference because the dog has still come back to me within 10 seconds.....

I can see you don't live in either Manchester or Liverpool, where SOME use their dogs as a weapon of choice.

You seem to be under the misconception that the world wants to greet your dog. Why not keep the dog leashed until your satisfied your not going to meet someone who may be in fear of dogs? To assume that everyone likes dogs, or especially your dog, is really not the right attitude to take. As I said previously, you are entitled to defend yourself from any animal, if you consider that animal to be either a threat. That right is enshrined in law. Personally, I wouldn't have risked my bare hands. A sharp flat kick to a dogs side or rear is a good deterrent in THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES!

As I've said on 3 occasions, I don't condone what the dog owner did but I don't condone hitting a harmless animal either, he quoted the dog as a 'friendly collie', we're not talking about a pit bull who's just escaped death row

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am a dog owner and dog lover, but I really dislike dogs jumping up me, I used to walk on a local nature reserve on my way to work and too many times turned up to work with dog paw marks down my trousers

I do knock those dogs away, as many times as needed and if possible catch them by the collar anf [d hold them until the owner comes close enough to take control and for me to point out that I don't want jumping up when dressed for work

I have been told off for touching their dog, and even been told I am dressed inappropriately, that I should expect a dog to jump up me in such environments

I really should teach Lola to jump up on command, that might give them a fresh opinion :D

it will take some training though, but it would be effective

IMG_0166.JPG

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
he quoted the dog as a 'friendly collie',
Sorry, there are no dogs you can assume are 'friendly' if you don't know them. We have a rescue collie lives two doors away. The guy keeps it 100% leashed, because it's vicious.
I don't condone what the dog owner did but I don't condone hitting a harmless animal either
Who are you to say that any dog is 'harmless'?? Do you whisper to them?? He shouldn't have hit the dog. That was a dangerous thing to do. He should have given it a restraining tap with his boot. :)

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Well, the bits I have seen were dirty, the people were rude and the shopkeepers were robbers. The Police acted like the Gestapo, and the place was filthy. Apart from that, no probs. (y)
Hmm,
Though you were describing Blackpool there ! ;)
TBH, you could probably find this in any country Tootles.....
I always try and find "the real place" and bugger away completely from the touristy bits...... hence my affiliation with a small French town where tourism doesn't take away from the place.

You should watch coming to Ireland though.
Terrible place !
The buggers force feed you a type of soup, it's black with a white head served in this tall glass... and every town has it....... Then
When you get enough of this bloody stuff it bloody makes you dance like a leprechaun !

And the hours the public house closes........ asked the barmaid when the bar closes..... She looked at her watch and said..... September.

Terrible place !
You should come over and see it for yourself.... Unbelievable.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You should come over and see it for yourself.... Unbelievable.
I know. I have the scar tissue to prove it. :)
Though you were describing Blackpool there ! ;)
Blackpool is a bigger dump then Spain!.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Sorry, there are no dogs you can assume are 'friendly' if you don't know them. We have a rescue collie lives two doors away. The guy keeps it 100% leashed, because it's vicious.

Who are you to say that any dog is 'harmless'?? Do you whisper to them?? He shouldn't have hit the dog. That was a dangerous thing to do. He should have given it a restraining tap with his boot. :)

I fear we're going around in circles, he said 'friendly collie' I didn't, you say your neighbour keeps his dog 100% leashed because he's vicious, again highly unlikely a dog owner would release a vicious dog particularly whilst on a campsite, I don't agree with what the owner or the fella that hit the dog did, we're not in the 70's anymore

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I fear we're going around in circles, he said 'friendly collie' I didn't, you say your neighbour keeps his dog 100% leashed because he's vicious, again highly unlikely a dog owner would release a vicious dog particularly whilst on a campsite, I don't agree with what the owner or the fella that hit the dog did, we're not in the 70's anymore
He hit it. He was legally entitled to hit it. He should have hit the owner as well, but he didn't, mores the pity. And as for the seventies quip, this discussion would never have happened then, because people with dogs had more sense. (y)

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
He hit it. He was legally entitled to hit it. He should have hit the owner as well, but he didn't, mores the pity. And as for the seventies quip, this discussion would never have happened then, because people with dogs had more sense. (y)
This Jeremy Clarkson attitude must stop Tootles.... and

The beatings and thumping will continue until morale improves !

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013

You mean beat the living daylights out of them?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I love dogs and have always had one since being a little kid, just not as fond of some owners.

The worse case I've encountered was with a neighbour at our last house he had to spaniels that where lovely friendly dogs that always wanted to jump up on you. This didn't bother me to much as I could always stop them, one day though when a wee boy we were fostering at the time had a meeting with his mum, for this meeting he wanted to look good so we treated him to a nice new outfit (even though his mum was a state).
Once he was dressed you could see he was so proud of himself and wanted his mum who he hadn't seen for 8 months to be proud of him. Well as we left the house and while I was locking the house door the neighbours dogs came running over and although not threatening they jumped up on him with filthy paws from running around field next door.
My neighbour who was a bit of an arse anyway thought it was funny, the wee boy ended up refusing to go and see his mum and threw his cloths out, took us days to calm him down and agree to seeing his mum. I don't tend to get angry or aggressive very easy but had to go and have a quiet word with the arse and I can tell you the dogs where never out without a lead again and the neighbour never crossed me againor spoke to me for the remaining two years we lived there.

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
Love dog threads :)

One of the reasons we like c&cc sites in the UK is their rules re dogs are normally enforced and adhered to..
Ours is always on his line when outside no matter where we are.
But he does jump on benches and tables when out walking.. :love:

I HATE DOGS! I don't know why I'm reading this thread.

Your comment caught my eye, I DO REALY HATE DOGS! but I was shocked to read that you keep yours hanging on the line outside!

I REALY DO HATE DOGS but I think even I would be uncomfortable camping next to a hanging dog! Urrrgh!

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My people have just informed me that Spain, the land of the Bull Baiting, Bearded Lispers, with its miles and miles and miles of plastic covered coastline, has been officially declared a "Tootles Free Zone"...

"If you don't know how to do it

I will show how to

Walk the dog..."

JJ :cool:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Whereas yours went into a Cul de sac.....have a good evening
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Very good!! I see your dog tells jokes as well as being stupid!.....

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014

Nobody is legally entitled to hit a dog or any other animal, for that matter.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Nobody is legally entitled to hit a dog or any other animal, for that matter.
Sorry, but you are legally entitled to use force to protect yourself from any attack, be it from a dog, person, or even a budgie.

Out of control
Your dog is considered dangerously out of control if it:
injures someone
makes someone worried that it might injure them

Protect yourself from serious injury if the dog does attack.
Guard your throat with your arm. Teach children to protect their throats by placing their fists under their chins. Tell them to not flail their hands or jump around.
Kick a small dog hard in the nose. The nose is a sensitive area and that may deter the dog from biting.
Assume a firm stance. Stand with one leg in front of the other to maintain your balance.
Use anything handy as a barrier between you and the attacking dog. A purse, backpack, or umbrella can be used as a weapon or shield. Sometimes opening and closing an umbrella in the animal's face might deter it. Look for a nearby car or fence to get behind or climb onto.
If you are knocked down or fall, curl into a ball and protect your head, neck and abdomen. Cover your face with your hands.
As difficult as it may be, try not to pull away from a dog that is biting you. This will only make it more aggressive. Instead grab the back of its head and press it against your arm. That way it can't close its mouth (to deepen the injure).

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
We're dog lovers and have kept german shepherds for the past 30 years,I like to think that they have been trained well enough not to be a nuisance to other campers and I respect that some people dislike dogs (nobody's perfect). but if someone slapped my dog ( only one left and blind) they would also get a slap.
Alan

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Sorry, but you are legally entitled to use force to protect yourself from any attack, be it from a dog, person, or even a budgie.
Indeed.
Case recently where a man went to attempt to feed a wild Clarkson... Got attacked..... The Clarkson was sent to kennels until he's bettet behaved.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back