LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
At the end of the day, Rangitira stated that the dog was friendly and he didn't want muddy paws on his trousers. I appreciate that, but hitting a dog for that reason is totally unacceptable. He then went on to say that he clouts his daughters dogs around the ears, if they jump up. These are not threatening situations, just lack of training of said dogs.

In my eyes, he is a bully!

Aggression begets aggression. He's lucky one of those poor dogs hasn't turned on him.

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
I would' t let my dogs (now dog) jump up people ,german shepherds are a little bit to big to be allowed to jump up ,especially campers as most are clocking on a bit .
Alan

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
He's lucky one of those poor dogs hasn't turned on him.
Why, (may I ask), has this one step away from a wolf, and a very small step at that, animal, suddenly in your eyes become a human child?? No, I don't hit my own dog, never had to, or any dog I have owned, but that's not the point. A dog is a dog, not a human.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I would' t let my dogs (now dog) jump up people ,german shepherds are a little bit to big to be allowed to jump up ,especially campers as most are clocking on a bit .
Alan
Therefore, your dog would never get a slap, and you wouldn't have to slap anyone, and ruin your holiday having to eat porridge, so your argument dosent exist??

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Why, (may I ask), has this one step away from a wolf, and a very small step at that, animal, suddenly in your eyes become a human child?? No, I don't hit my own dog, never had to, or any dog I have owned, but that's not the point. A dog is a dog, not a human.
When have I said that a dog is a human?

I don't get the point that you are trying to make. I don't agree with positive punishment. The training that I do with my dogs and horses is based on positive reinforcement.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I do like dogs. We have a chocolate lab but don't take her with us in the 'van as we like a break away without the restrictions. However, much as I am happy to meet other people's dogs, I'm don't like them jumping up, as they should be better behaved! If they jump up its because their owners haven't trained them not to! My grandfather adored dogs, but when faced with a dog jumping up would simply raise his knee, catching the dog in the chest. Most dogs are quite muscly there, it doesn't hurt them but it sends a message that their jumping up isn't welcome. They soon learn! This is the method I now adopt.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I do like dogs. We have a chocolate lab but don't take her with us in the 'van as we like a break away without the restrictions. However, much as I am happy to meet other people's dogs, I'm don't like them jumping up, as they should be better behaved! If they jump up its because their owners haven't trained them not to! My grandfather adored dogs, but when faced with a dog jumping up would simply raise his knee, catching the dog in the chest. Most dogs are quite muscly there, it doesn't hurt them but it sends a message that their jumping up isn't welcome. They soon learn! This is the method I now adopt.
Watch it Gerri, you might well be classed as a 'bully'!! :(

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Sorry about that ,you're in a minority, I hope you're working and paying your dues so that us oldies can warm our old bones in warmer climes in the winters with our pets.
Alan
Of course I am...... well mostly!
Good accountant holds enough back for moi !

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yes, fully legal to shoot it if it's on your land.
I've seen the aftermath of a dog attack and have shot dogs myself that were worrying stock. It's the owners responsibility to not have the dogs loose. The financial bourdon of an attack is immense.
Not sure about that. If a public footpath crosses the land, and the dog is accompanied, no animals in the field, then you cant shoot a dog.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
strange that i log on and see this thread today - was out this morning along dovedale - milldale walk along the river when we caught up to a family of 5 with a little westie, a family of 3 coming the other way with another dog slightly bigger (both dogs off the leads - this really pizzes me off) when the bigger dog goes off charging and growling at the family of 5 with the westie, the owner shouting he wont hurt you (didnt they say that about Hitler in Poland) a scuffle broke out when the bigger dog grabbed hold of the lille westie who was doing nothing more than taking in the sunshine, obviously this bigger dog has a problem with other dogs and the owner knows it - so why the hell not keep the bloody animal on a lead before it bites someone

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Not sure about that. If a public footpath crosses the land, and the dog is accompanied, no animals in the field, then you cant shoot a dog.
Maybe so in UK Tootles.
No public footpaths on private land here..... good chance we'd shoot anyone trying to cross anyway :reel:

You're correct, shooting legal if we believe stock is being endangered.

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Therefore, your dog would never get a slap, and you wouldn't have to slap anyone, and ruin your holiday having to eat porridge, so your argument dosent exist??
What argument? and I like porridge

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Think I know the place,
Northern Ireland....
"Where men are men and sheep are nervous" !
Welllllllll........Sort of. I was thinking about that bit where the North ends, and the South begins....:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back