Product Recommendation-Bleach Tablets

Discussion in 'Top Tips & Tricks' started by emmitdb, Jul 4, 2016.

1. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Hi All,

Cleaning out the 'van after Bagwell, I came across a product that we regularly buy, when in France and, from memory I haven't mentioned before.

I think we all know that Bleach in it's liquid form is nasty stuff. If spilled it could wreck all sorts of stuff.

However, in France, in ALL the Supermarkets, they sell Bleach in Tablet form as well.

Over there, Bleach is called Javel and in tablet form it comes in a screw down (safety locked) plastic bottle no bigger than a mug (Usually in 48 Tablets)

We use it to dissolve down the grey wastes and it makes a huge difference to the nasty niffs that come out of there.

Recommended.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

HERE
    HERE TOO
    EBAY OF COURSE

BUT
    Is pumping gallons of chlorine down the system environmentally friendly or hamfull ?

3. FJmike

FJmike Funster

Sometimes seen in budget shops such as Poundstretchers in UK

4. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

The reason for posting is that many of us go to France but not all of us know what the word for Bleach is.
    I don't think emptying the equivilent of a 5lts of bleachy liquid in diluted form along with about 50-60-70 litres of grey water into the system any different to a person putting the same down a sink after mopping the kitchen floor.

5. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

I Only asked
    as Bleach should not be used together or mixed with other household detergents as it surly will be in a grey tank that's almost certainly contains detergent as this not only reduces its effectiveness in disinfection but causes chemical reactions. For instance, a toxic gas is produced when bleach is mixed with acidic detergents.

Overuse of bleach or using a bleach solution that is too concentrated results in the production of toxic substances that pollute the environment and disturb ecological balance.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

bleach and plasics dont mix well i see many instances of bleach type tablets in toilet cistens eating the plastic fittings away

• Like Like x 1
  7. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

Chlorine?

8. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Now we know John(y)
    Were gassing ourselves:Eeek:

9. Keypresser

Keypresser Funster

I think that this has been said before but here goes.
    i saw a tip on here about crushing up a cheap dishwasher tablet and flushing it down the sink along with a little water before moving off. The action of driving swishes it around the grey waste tank and once at your next stop, empty and it cleans the tank a treat.
    use them all the time.
    i use cheap aldi ones and you can bash them up with a hammer without breaking the plastic bag, they end up as a dust.

• Like Like x 2