Product Recommendation-Bleach Tablets (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi All,

Cleaning out the 'van after Bagwell, I came across a product that we regularly buy, when in France and, from memory I haven't mentioned before.

I think we all know that Bleach in it's liquid form is nasty stuff. If spilled it could wreck all sorts of stuff.

However, in France, in ALL the Supermarkets, they sell Bleach in Tablet form as well.

Over there, Bleach is called Javel and in tablet form it comes in a screw down (safety locked) plastic bottle no bigger than a mug (Usually in 48 Tablets)

We use it to dissolve down the grey wastes and it makes a huge difference to the nasty niffs that come out of there.

Recommended.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Sometimes seen in budget shops such as Poundstretchers in UK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
HERE
HERE TOO
EBAY OF COURSE

BUT
Is pumping gallons of chlorine down the system environmentally friendly or hamfull ?

The reason for posting is that many of us go to France but not all of us know what the word for Bleach is.
I don't think emptying the equivilent of a 5lts of bleachy liquid in diluted form along with about 50-60-70 litres of grey water into the system any different to a person putting the same down a sink after mopping the kitchen floor.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I Only asked
as Bleach should not be used together or mixed with other household detergents as it surly will be in a grey tank that's almost certainly contains detergent as this not only reduces its effectiveness in disinfection but causes chemical reactions. For instance, a toxic gas is produced when bleach is mixed with acidic detergents.

Overuse of bleach or using a bleach solution that is too concentrated results in the production of toxic substances that pollute the environment and disturb ecological balance.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
bleach and plasics dont mix well i see many instances of bleach type tablets in toilet cistens eating the plastic fittings away

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I Only asked
as Bleach should not be used together or mixed with other household detergents as it surly will be in a grey tank that's almost certainly contains detergent as this not only reduces its effectiveness in disinfection but causes chemical reactions. For instance, a toxic gas is produced when bleach is mixed with acidic detergents.

Overuse of bleach or using a bleach solution that is too concentrated results in the production of toxic substances that pollute the environment and disturb ecological balance.

Chlorine?

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
I think that this has been said before but here goes.
i saw a tip on here about crushing up a cheap dishwasher tablet and flushing it down the sink along with a little water before moving off. The action of driving swishes it around the grey waste tank and once at your next stop, empty and it cleans the tank a treat.
use them all the time.
i use cheap aldi ones and you can bash them up with a hammer without breaking the plastic bag, they end up as a dust.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back