Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
chester

sorry we didnt see it either forlorn hope can we also go on reserve list Roger and Sheila
:Smile:::bigsmile:

May Paul & I please ask, if you have no intention of coming to this meet, if you are only even thinking about it, if you are unlikely to make it, Please please please be fair to all the other people that would like to join us and cancel as soon as possible to allow them plenty of time to come and join us.

Many thanks.

Nikki & Paul

1 Haganap
2 Jim
3 Hampers
4 Hutchies
5 Cls
6 Little Kath
7 Yosser
8 Forrestboy
9 Elvis
10 Toledo
11 Peteansal
12 Edgy
13 Beer drinker
14 Max's dad
15 Archie 2000
16 Janine&Barrie
17 Ash
18 Drago35
19 Family guy
20 Loujess
21 Monsi (CLS best mate reserved )
22 Bungy
23 Teleman
24 Blondie
25 Yoolies
26 Marrood
27 Lunarman
28 Simi
29 Really Retired
30 Welshbois.

Reserve list
MFH
JAG
Jonstey
Jock&Rita
Lyndon RV
Jay
Hoot

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We have to politely point out Teddybard, that the reserve list you in your above quote, isn't the current one. :Smile:

Regards,

Jock & Rita.

Jock I am confused lolol ... isnt the pre xmas meet in Chester and this is what teddybard mean ?

And New Years at The Uttoxeter Race Course a diff thread

:Smile::Smile:
Kath

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Jock I am confused lolol ... isnt the pre xmas meet in Chester and this is what teddybard mean ?

Kath

No Kath,

I understand Jock loud and clear.

The quoted post by the teddy was one before movement on the reserve list.

Teddybard, in all fairness it looks like this meet is well over subscribed. I really can not see a further 8 people dropping out before the time comes; Will however bear :winky: that in mind.

Thanks

Paul & Nikki.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Chester I Think

No Kath,

I understand Jock loud and clear.

The quoted post by the teddy was one before movement on the reserve list.

Teddybard, in all fairness it looks like this meet is well over subscribed. I really can not see a further 8 people dropping out before the time comes; Will however bear :winky: that in mind.

Thanks

Paul & Nikki.

Thanks as a newbie I still havent worked out whats what yet
and I'm sure my posts will make sense to some

on the same subject anything else new ??:Smile:::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

Kath
Nice try Kath. You nearly got me going there. :roflmto:

teddybard said:
and I'm sure my posts will make sense to some
No problems, we've all needed time to suss out the site format, and many of us still slip up now and then. Although I have to say, it's a damn site easier on here than on another MH Forum website. :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

You're not going to make it to Christmas then.

When I came here years ago I had a Nobel Prize for Nuclear Physics, honorary life membership to MENSA, a part time job as a brain surgeon.

Now, 'er indoors has to turn on my computer and type in my password.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
You're not going to make it to Christmas then.

When I came here years ago I had a Nobel Prize for Nuclear Physics, honorary life membership to MENSA, a part time job as a brain surgeon.

Now, 'er indoors has to turn on my computer and type in my password.

God Brian, Your memory is that bad you even forgot to book this one :Blush:

merick

Free Member
Jan 26, 2012
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T line 590
Exp
since 2000
Pre Christmas

Hi Paul & Nikki,
Please add us to the reserve list.
Thanks,
Richard & Meriel
merick

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Hi Paul & Nikki,
Please add us to the reserve list.
Thanks,
Richard & Meriel
merick

Hi Richard and Meriel. I will do but hold out little hope of aplace im afraid. quite a long waiting list already. :Sad:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
May I respectfully ask those on the list.

Once again, as the time get's nearer, there are many on the waiting list to join in at this event.
If you are unable to make it would you please PM me in order to those others a chance to attend.

Many Thanks

Paul & Nikki.

Here is the list, Are you on it? are you not coming?

1 Haganap
2 Jim
3 Hampers
4 Hutchies
5 Cls
6 Little Kath
7 MFH27748
8 Forrestboy
9 Elvis
10 Toledo
11 Peteansal
12 Edgy
13 Beer drinker
14 Max's dad
15 Archie 2000
16 Janine&Barrie
17 Ash
18 Drago35
19 Family guy
20 Loujess
21 Monsi (CLS best mate reserved )
22 Bungy
23 Teleman
24 Blondie
25 Yoolies
26 Marrood
27 Lunarman
28 Simi
29 Really Retired
30 Welshbois.

Reserve list
JAG
Jonstey
Jock&Rita
Lyndon RV
Jay
Hoot
silverdreamers

Last edited:
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Working on the assumption that most of you who are coming to this meet intend to go in to Chester, we have been looking at travel options.

Lady Heyes site is just under 2 miles from Frodsham train station where there is an hourly train service to Chester. Chester train station is an easy 10 minute walk right in to the city centre or there is a frequent bus service which we believe is £1 each way. A return train ticket from Frodsham to Chester is currently £5.20. There is also a half hourly bus service from Frodsham to Chester city centre, but this does not run on Sundays. A taxi to Frodsham train station from the site will be approx £6.50.

Chester has a park and ride scheme. There is no height barrier at Boughton Heath which is approx 12 miles from Lady Heyes, but there may only be a limited number of parking spaces motorhomes can access here. (We will try & confirm on this point before the meet). Buses run every 10/15 minutes with a return fare currently costing £1.70.

Motorhomes can park in one of the Chester City Centre car parks - Little Roodee - which is on the opposite side of Chester near the Castle and race course, approx 14 miles from Lady Heyes. There are limited coach spaces available with parking charges of £5.50(3 hours), £8(3-6 hours) or £10(over 6 hours). You can also park in the car spaces with charges of £3(3 hours), £4.90(3-6 hours) or £5.90(over 6 hours) but if you take more than one parking bay you will have to pay for each bay your van occupies.

We have also looked at the possibility of arranging one or more 8 or 16 seater taxis to take us directly from the site to Chester. We would expect to leave the site around 10/11am and return around 4/5pm and the estimated return travel cost would be £7.50 per person. However, in order to confirm this price and book the taxis we need to know asap who would be interested in this. Can you please post on this thread (or pm) whether or not you would like to use this option.

Please also look out for details coming soon for the Sunday morning breakfast.

Thanks

Nikki & Paul

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Working on the assumption that most of you who are coming to this meet intend to go in to Chester, we have been looking at travel options.

Lady Heyes site is just under 2 miles from Frodsham train station where there is an hourly train service to Chester. Chester train station is an easy 10 minute walk right in to the city centre or there is a frequent bus service which we believe is £1 each way. A return train ticket from Frodsham to Chester is currently £5.20. There is also a half hourly bus service from Frodsham to Chester city centre, but this does not run on Sundays. A taxi to Frodsham train station from the site will be approx £6.50.

Chester has a park and ride scheme. There is no height barrier at Boughton Heath which is approx 12 miles from Lady Heyes, but there may only be a limited number of parking spaces motorhomes can access here. (We will try & confirm on this point before the meet). Buses run every 10/15 minutes with a return fare currently costing £1.70.

Motorhomes can park in one of the Chester City Centre car parks - Little Roodee - which is on the opposite side of Chester near the Castle and race course, approx 14 miles from Lady Heyes. There are limited coach spaces available with parking charges of £5.50(3 hours), £8(3-6 hours) or £10(over 6 hours). You can also park in the car spaces with charges of £3(3 hours), £4.90(3-6 hours) or £5.90(over 6 hours) but if you take more than one parking bay you will have to pay for each bay your van occupies.

We have also looked at the possibility of arranging one or more 8 or 16 seater taxis to take us directly from the site to Chester. We would expect to leave the site around 10/11am and return around 4/5pm and the estimated return travel cost would be £7.50 per person. However, in order to confirm this price and book the taxis we need to know asap who would be interested in this. Can you please post on this thread (or pm) whether or not you would like to use this option.

Please also look out for details coming soon for the Sunday morning breakfast.

Thanks

Nikki & Paul

Thanks for organising the transport Paul,
However, as we live just 3 miles away, we are bringing our car as well.
Steve:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We will be taking our toad as we also intend to visit Yorkshire for a bit. We can take two in the back (three if they're thin as there are 3 seatbelts) however rear seat passengers may have the affectionate attention of Meg behind them. Amazingly you can get 5 people and a dog in a Matiz though its 900cc engine struggles on hills a bit.
Shirley will probaly want to go to the shopping centre, and wild horses would not drag me there so there will be more room as neither I nor Meg will be there.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
My actual plan is to find weatherspoons, send Nikki shopping, eat drink and be merry throughout the day, Beat Bungy and Edgy at a few games of pool, return back to base witha happy shopped out wife,

lay down and relax

get back up over to the hall---if I can make it:thumb:

for some of the above I will need a taxi, for others I will need a pub.

Im having a proper weekend off. be warned :Doh:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
My actual plan is to find weatherspoons, send Nikki shopping, eat drink and be merry throughout the day, Beat Bungy and Edgy at a few games of pool, return back to base witha happy shopped out wife,

lay down and relax

get back up over to the hall---if I can make it:thumb:

for some of the above I will need a taxi, for others I will need a pub.

Im having a proper weekend off. be warned :Doh:

Exactly my plans Paul, I was there last month, you can't beat Weatherspoons for great choice of beers, more real ales than you can shake a stick at, great prices and good choice of food, made it my HQ last time, also free wifi there,

The Park and Ride at Broughton is great value and dead convenient, but as you said there are only about six " oversize/height places,

Book me in for the mini bus Paul, no intention of driving !,

Look forward to seeing you all there,

Ken ( Beerdrinker ) :thumb: :drink:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Exactly my plans Paul, I was there last month, you can't beat Weatherspoons for great choice of beers, more real ales than you can shake a stick at, great prices and good choice of food, made it my HQ last time, also free wifi there,

The Park and Ride at Broughton is great value and dead convenient, but as you said there are only about six " oversize/height places,

Book me in for the mini bus Paul, no intention of driving !,

Look forward to seeing you all there,

Ken ( Beerdrinker ) :thumb: :drink:
Hear hear Ken. Mini bus for us too. :thumb:

Cheers, :drink:

Jock.

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
looks like we can get away without a Mini bus, Nikki tells me this would have to be booked in advance, whereas the 8 seater taxi's can be called on demand. Suggest we get 8 stick them in and send them on their way and then order another 1 :thumb:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
looks like we can get away without a Mini bus, Nikki tells me this would have to be booked in advance, whereas the 8 seater taxi's can be called on demand. Suggest we get 8 stick them in and send them on their way and then order another 1 :thumb:

Sounds good to me Paul. :thumb::drink:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Sounds good to me too Paul. I'd like to go into Chester but couldn't last that long. 2-3 hours would do us I think. If there's no one to share a lift with that's ok but something might be arranged at the time. I must say a big thank you to you Paul for all the effort you go to. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Sounds good to me too Paul. I'd like to go into Chester but couldn't last that long. 2-3 hours would do us I think. If there's no one to share a lift with that's ok but something might be arranged at the time. I must say a big thank you to you Paul for all the effort you go to. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

See my post above. We probably would'nt want more than a couple of hours in Chester at a time, though might go more than once.:thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
IF THEY'RE THIN? That's fattist and I'm offended, but I'd love to cuddle up to your doggie. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back