Parc Verger - Weekend of Festivities (2 Viewers)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Too much and unnecessary, we went the N road route last year and saved a packet and saw a lot more of the local scenery. So what if it takes a little longer.

Yes i went down the N roads to Bordeaux and loved it, just wondering as I have heavier than most fuel consumption if there was another way.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi my own experiance is that what you save on the tolls by using N routes you near on spend on the higher fuel consumption. It also takes me around 30% longer to get anywhere.

Normally I can average about 50mph over a day on M/Ways, using N routes that drops to around 30mph. So for me the decision of what to drive on comes down to time not money, loads of time N routes, in a hurry M/Ways.

Olley

hereford bull

Free Member
Jan 18, 2008
HEREFORD
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
6 YRS
Like most of us i only have a small amount of time for summer holidays so i have to get down to spain as quick as i can within reason not everybody does the same thing for the same reasons last year i had 3 18 yr olds to cater for and they dont want to be hanging about while im taking in all the views .I cant remember how much the tolls were but i know it was cheaper going via parc verger than going straight down the middle across the milau bridge etc.It cost me approx£iooo last year in fuel it was at its peak .I had one bit of luck on the way back i filled up with 300euros of fuel on the french m/way but the pump didnt registar with the console after trying to pay they kept shrugging there shoulders and i was getting fed up so a french fella who spoke english explained to me what they were saying they were saying there is nothing to pay and get from the window as they were busy well never look a gift horse up the ass is my motto and on my way i went 300 euros better off
P1010033.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Thanxs for the replies.

Never had to do cost figure before but life change a fair amount financially for me plus feel guilty using so much fuel for one person and a dog.

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Hereford Bull and Tony Hunt

Thanks for the pics - really made me excited now. I bet the men are really excited about going as well - you know - with the trout fishing :Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tick59 - thanks for the pm, I've updated the calendar to show you have paid your deposit.

With regards to the tolls - I agree with Olley that what you gain on not paying the tolls you lose in fuel consumption. We avoided the tolls a couple of years ago but I'm sure we made up for it on the N roads - some were very windy and when you are towing it can't really be the way to go. Last year when traveling from North of Spain to the South to pick up the Morocco trip we used the motorways the majority of the time and we did pay on the tolls. Some were relatively cheap but even if they hadn't have been it would still have been worth it to keep to a steady pace all the time and we still saw some spectacular views as well.

Nevertheless it would be great to get some actual figures of what the tolls cost.

Pammy

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
All Booked

Well after such a dreadful start to the Year, I thought I would chear up my lovely wife and break with a habbit of a lifetime. I have therefore booked with good old seafrance, by credit card of course:Doh: Rang and spoke to Bob, whom confused me by answering the phone in both French and English:whatthe: Paid my over inflated euros and bish bash bosh, crack the Jack Daniels open :winky:

Anyone wanting company on the journey down, or some benefit of our years of experience of traveling through France, we will be leaving early Thursday am, and arrive at Parc Verger on Friday in time for lunch. Not sure how long we will stay, depends on the company :ROFLMAO: But we will then head off to the South west atlantic coast to sample some nice surf and sand, along with we hope some great weather.

So pammy, pop us on the list as paid.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
the toll road debate

As regular tourers of france, i can see where Olley is coming from. But from our experience, too many persons use the sat nav instead of taking good proper maps. We often will just run alongside a toll road and then jump on for a small period of time around a town or if we are falling behind.
Most sat navs tend to leave you home and dry if you just pop in the no toll roads option.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
too many persons use the sat nav instead of taking good proper maps.

Guilty as charged, got them but never use them, if you have maps and use them what's the point of having a tomtom?

Tell tomtom to take the quickest route and it sticks to the M/Ways so no need of a map, tell it to avoid them because I am not in a hurry, and wherever it takes me is ok. so still no need of a map. ::bigsmile:

It works for us, and that's what its all about surely, their's no right or wrong just different.

Olley

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Well after such a dreadful start to the Year, I thought I would chear up my lovely wife and break with a habbit of a lifetime. I have therefore booked with good old seafrance, by credit card of course:Doh: Rang and spoke to Bob, whom confused me by answering the phone in both French and English:whatthe: Paid my over inflated euros and bish bash bosh, crack the Jack Daniels open :winky:

Anyone wanting company on the journey down, or some benefit of our years of experience of traveling through France, we will be leaving early Thursday am, and arrive at Parc Verger on Friday in time for lunch. Not sure how long we will stay, depends on the company :ROFLMAO: But we will then head off to the South west atlantic coast to sample some nice surf and sand, along with we hope some great weather.

So pammy, pop us on the list as paid.:thumb:

Consider it done Paul:thumb:

micknden

Free Member
May 16, 2008
melton mowbray
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
3 weeks
parc verger

hi geo pammy
we would like to travel down to parc verger with u and your group could u let us know what time to book ferry please we are sorry to be a pain regards micknden ps u can put me down for fishing match:Blush::thumb:::bigsmile:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Here's a useful site for calculating tolls and routes:

Link Removed

Works for most of Europe.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
hi geo pammy
we would like to travel down to parc verger with u and your group could u let us know what time to book ferry please we are sorry to be a pain regards micknden ps u can put me down for fishing match:Blush::thumb:::bigsmile:
Hiya Folks
We sail on Sunday 9th August from Dover on the 12.20 (dinner time ) sailing on the Sea France "Rodin" Ist night in Calais and then a steady mosey on down
we may set off on Sat 8th and stop over near the port, all plans very and extreamly flexable:thumb:
Geo
ps you will be chugging along behind an RV you know 0-60 in 4.5 gallons:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Questionnaire

Hi all

I have had a pm from Bob and Di. The following attractions are planned for our time at Parc Verger. So that Bob and Di can have an idea of demand, please email or pm them with the answers to the questions below:

Quote ------

Friday 14th August Fishing for those who want it. Fly-fishing tuition available.

COST of fishing Trout lake: 8 Euros for 4 hours, take up to 5 fish
Carp lakes: 10 Euros per day, catch returned to lake
Tuition: cost to be advised when numbers requiring this are known.
Full introductory package available incl tackle and use of lakes.
Transport: If there are sufficient numbers we’ll hire a coach, but otherwise we’ll use cars for transport.

Saturday 15th August Car-boot & trade stalls all day in the village; Local carnival during afternoon. Repas in the evening followed by fireworks and dancing

Sunday 16th August 12 noon to 1 pm : Aperitifs hosted by Bob and Di (weather permitting!!)

Monday 17th August Full day visit to the Martyr village at Oradour sur Glane and Limoges
9.30 am Coach leaves Parc Verger
10.15 - 12 noon visit to martyr village
12 noon coach leaves for Limoges
12.45 – 4.30 time free in Limoges
4.30 coach leaves for Parc Verger
COST of coach will be approx 12 Euros per head for adults, 6 Euros for under 16s

Tuesday 18th August Fishing for those who want it. Again if there are sufficient numbers we’ll hire a coach, but otherwise we’ll use cars for transport. Same comment as above on fly-fishing tuition.

Wednesday 19th August Morning visit to Piégut market, largest in the region.
9.30 am Coach leaves Parc Verger
10.00 – 12.00 visit to market
12.00 noon Coach leaves for Parc Verger
COST of mini-coach will be 10 - 12 Euros per head.

Questionnaire:

1 How many in your party (a) adults (b) children (please give child ages)

2 What date do you plan arrive at Parc Verger

3 Do you want to go fishing on Friday 14th August – Yes / No. If yes. then
3a how many of your party will be going fishing?
3b do you want fly-fishing tuition?

4 Do you wish to go on the visit to Oradur sur Glane and Limoges?

5 Do you want to go fishing on Tuesday 18th August – Yes / No. If yes. then
5a how many of your party will be going fishing?
5b do you want fly-fishing tuition?

6 Do any of your party wish to go to the market

7 What date do you plan to leave Parc Verger?

End-----------

I'm sure you will agree with me that Bob and Di are going to help make this a very memorable stay and with the lousy weather we are having at the moment it aint coming soon enough:Doh::ROFLMAO:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Is there still room for us:cry::cry:

If still available put us down we would not arive until the Sunday 16th Possibly leaving on the Wednesday.

Mike and Sally + Marcus the dog

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Hi - yes, there is still room for you! Give us a ring on 0844 232 8500 (3p/min from BT lines) with a credit card and we'll take details (and 35 Euros) and email or pm confirmation of your reservation.

Look forward to seeing you

Bob and Di

A and K

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since April 07'
Hi Pammy,
We've sent Bob and Di a PM with our replies to the questionaire :thumb:,
We're really looking forward to it ::bigsmile:

Thanks,

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Pammy,
We've sent Bob and Di a PM with our replies to the questionaire :thumb:,
We're really looking forward to it ::bigsmile:

Thanks,

Hi Angie & Keith

I can't answer the questionnaire yet, we still have a few things to sort out yet. We hope to get there around Wednesday, probably do the Village trip and some fishing before the weekend festival and then we will leave probably Monday BUT as I said we still have a few things to sort yet, so in a couple of weeks, all that idea may be totally out of the window:Doh::ROFLMAO: You know what these men are like :Doh:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Is there still room for us:cry::cry:

If still available put us down we would not arive until the Sunday 16th Possibly leaving on the Wednesday.

Mike and Sally + Marcus the dog

Hi Mike and Sally & Marcus

There's plenty of room as Bob and Di have said. I will add you to the list - when you have paid your deposit let me know.

Glad to have you on board, what I think, will be a fantastic meet.:thumb:

Pammy

A and K

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since April 07'
Hi Angie & Keith

I can't answer the questionnaire yet, we still have a few things to sort out yet. We hope to get there around Wednesday, probably do the Village trip and some fishing before the weekend festival and then we will leave probably Monday BUT as I said we still have a few things to sort yet, so in a couple of weeks, all that idea may be totally out of the window:Doh::ROFLMAO: You know what these men are like :Doh:

We've booked for Fri,Sat,Sun and Monday nights as we will arrive sometime on Friday(14th) and leave on the Tuesday 18th because we want to do the Monday 17th August Full day visit to the Martyr village at Oradour sur Glane and Limoges ::bigsmile:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi all

I have had a pm from Bob and Di. The following attractions are planned for our time at Parc Verger. So that Bob and Di can have an idea of demand, please email or pm them with the answers to the questions below:

Hi Pammy!

I've pm'd Bob and Di with the completed questionnaire.:Smile:

We'll be arriving Friday sometime - probably mid afternoon.
We'll be leaving Tuesday am.
We would like to go on the Monday trip to Oradour-sur-Glane and Limoges.:thumb:

Looking forward to it - just need to plan the rest of the trip! :roflmto:

Oh! keep forgetting! - we've got to plan getting back to UK in April first!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
See you all at Peterborough - hopefully! :thumb:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hi Mike and Sally & Marcus

There's plenty of room as Bob and Di have said. I will add you to the list - when you have paid your deposit let me know.

Glad to have you on board, what I think, will be a fantastic meet.:thumb:

Pammy

Hello deposit paid and i am just about to pm about activities

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hello deposit paid and i am just about to pm about activities
Hiya glad you made it I will tell Pammy,
she's burning me tea at the mo, and if she sees this before she dishes up, I might be wearing it:Eeek:
Geo:thumb:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Hiya glad you made it I will tell Pammy,
she's burning me tea at the mo, and if she sees this before she dishes up, I might be wearing it:Eeek:
Geo:thumb:

Your lucky you get some tea :Sad::Sad::Sad:

I will delete this post later but i am alright for now she's in the bath

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Have you all forgotten about Parc Verger??

Hi all

I have received 2 pm's from Bob and Di today - one I will deal with tonight.

The first one is as follows:

11 deposits have been received so far from:
Pammy and Geo
A & K
RuthRV and Tony Santara
Bryan and Suzy
PenelopePitstop
Haganap
Tick 59
Micknden
Forestboy
Blisters
Ehuplad

which leaves the following as listed but not confirmed by deposit yet:
Keith
Verity23
The Pipps
Patrick
Gloworm
Yodeli
Ruffingitsmoothly

Can the above who have not yet paid their deposits please let us know if you still intend going because if you have decided you're not then I can allocate your place to someone else.

Time is belting on (as usual) we're so looking forward to this trip:thumb:

Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Just another reminder..

Hi all

A little while ago I posted the questionnaire below and asked that you pm Bob and Di with your answers. The only ones sent the info so far are A&K, RuthRV, Blisters and Ehuplad so there are many of us, confirmed and unconfirmed, (me included) that have not done this yet. Can I ask you to undertake this asap please.

Questionnaire:

1 How many in your party (a) adults (b) children (please give child ages)

2 What date do you plan arrive at Parc Verger

3 Do you want to go fishing on Friday 14th August – Yes / No. If yes. then
3a how many of your party will be going fishing?
3b do you want fly-fishing tuition?

4 Do you wish to go on the visit to Oradur sur Glane and Limoges?

5 Do you want to go fishing on Tuesday 18th August – Yes / No. If yes. then
5a how many of your party will be going fishing?
5b do you want fly-fishing tuition?

6 Do any of your party wish to go to the market

7 What date do you plan to leave Parc Verger?

End-----------

Just to let you know that later on tonight I will be putting on an itinerary that Bob and Di are proposing but I will let you digest these two threads first:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:][/COLOR]

Pammy

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Parc Verger

Hi Pammy

Sorry but we have decided to do Spain this year and have booked Portsmouth/Bilbao so wont be going to this one, I have pm'd Bob & Di ,look forward to meeting up with some of you another time

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi Pammy

We shall be contacting Bob and Di shortly to confirm dates and trips we wish to go on, but our son (15) has thrown a spanner in the works saying he does not want to come:Doh::Doh:,so as soon as we have sorted him out oneway or the other we can confirm:thumb:

We are booked to go out via Eurotunnel 3rd August and return on the 27th we shall be spending a couple of spells with some friends in La Trimouille which is about 100ks north of Parcverger and hope to be at the site the 12th leaving on 19th ish::bigsmile:

By the way how far is the site from the village as all these trips are planned will we need to take the toad or should we leave it at La Trimouille?

Regards Pat

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hi all

A little while ago I posted the questionnaire below and asked that you pm Bob and Di with your answers. The only ones sent the info so far are A&K, RuthRV, Blisters and Ehuplad so there are many of us, confirmed and unconfirmed, (me included) that have not done this yet. Can I ask you to undertake this asap please.

Pammy

Hi Pammy

I pm'd this questionnare to Bob and Di on 9th Feb and I've just resent it - hope he's getting his pm's OK!:Eeek:

Looking forward to the weekend - should be good! :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back