Paranoid or what ...

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Scotties, May 9, 2010.

1. Scotties

Scotties Funster Life Member

Sky rang offering a service contract as we were out of g'tee.

I said I would be pleased to accept it if it was free (having paid hundreds for a box they now give away free to new contracts). Obviously not, so they hung up.

However since the box has been playing up (not locking on to chanel) Mentioning it to someone else they also are suffering simmilar problems since turning down Sky 'extended warranty' offer.

Coincidence, paranoia or what:Sad:

Anyone with simmilar problems

Richard

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Tell them you're going to terminate the contract if they don't sort it out, and ask for a supervisor (or the customer retention team) - might just concentrate minds :Smile:

Graham

3. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

You sure it was sky that rang you , there was a company who are seperate from sky that used to ring to get you to take out extended warenty, admittedly they did used to arrange the fitting of sky but were totally seperate

4. sue1959

sue1959 Read Only Funster

Our Sky Box broke last year €200 for an engineer to call out. €199 for sky+ and a new sat dish.
    Guess which we chose! Sky+ is great don't watch TV at all some days now but catch up when we've got time. Me usually when every one else is in bed as I'm the only one that like Si-Fi also great when footies on.

5. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Don't have Skye but something similar happened which may be of help to you, or may not.

I have a triple package deal with Virgin. (phones). When an advertising leaflet came through the door offering NEW customers a deal which was twice as good as the deal I was on contract with, I phoned them up and spoke to a representative saying why should good existing customers not have the same deal. They promptly changed my package to suit.

It may be that if you speak to the right people you may get some kind of 'deal' with them. :thumb:

6. N Luyetund

N Luyetund Deleted User

Strange to relate but I cancelled my sky sub at the end of March... it now switches itself to 'standby' whenever it feels like it... odd considering it never happened when subscribed...

Infamy, infamy .... to quote Frankie Howerd :Rofl1:

7. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi, ANYONE who has been with sky etc, above the 12 mths contract should ring up and threaten to cancel :thumb: See what deals this brings :thumb: ie, new boxes and monthly reductions for same packages :thumb: Do it and see :thumb:
    terry
    if you do not save at least a fiver a month, you are crap at negotiations. heehee