LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Sky rang offering a service contract as we were out of g'tee.

I said I would be pleased to accept it if it was free (having paid hundreds for a box they now give away free to new contracts). Obviously not, so they hung up.

However since the box has been playing up (not locking on to chanel) Mentioning it to someone else they also are suffering simmilar problems since turning down Sky 'extended warranty' offer.

Coincidence, paranoia or what:Sad:

Anyone with simmilar problems

Richard

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Tell them you're going to terminate the contract if they don't sort it out, and ask for a supervisor (or the customer retention team) - might just concentrate minds :Smile:

Graham

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
You sure it was sky that rang you , there was a company who are seperate from sky that used to ring to get you to take out extended warenty, admittedly they did used to arrange the fitting of sky but were totally seperate

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Our Sky Box broke last year €200 for an engineer to call out. €199 for sky+ and a new sat dish.
Guess which we chose! Sky+ is great don't watch TV at all some days now but catch up when we've got time. Me usually when every one else is in bed as I'm the only one that like Si-Fi also great when footies on.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Don't have Skye but something similar happened which may be of help to you, or may not.

I have a triple package deal with Virgin. (phones). When an advertising leaflet came through the door offering NEW customers a deal which was twice as good as the deal I was on contract with, I phoned them up and spoke to a representative saying why should good existing customers not have the same deal. They promptly changed my package to suit.

It may be that if you speak to the right people you may get some kind of 'deal' with them. :thumb:

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User

Coincidence, paranoia or what:Sad:

Strange to relate but I cancelled my sky sub at the end of March... it now switches itself to 'standby' whenever it feels like it... odd considering it never happened when subscribed...

Infamy, infamy .... to quote Frankie Howerd :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi, ANYONE who has been with sky etc, above the 12 mths contract should ring up and threaten to cancel :thumb: See what deals this brings :thumb: ie, new boxes and monthly reductions for same packages :thumb: Do it and see :thumb:
terry
if you do not save at least a fiver a month, you are crap at negotiations. heehee

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back