LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Dave, the same as Sue & Dave, we have really enjoyed following your travels, even what may seem little things to you has, I am sure whetted at lot of appetites to vist it themselves. Certainly got me thinking. keep it coming :Smile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well we have just returned from an evening in a 5 star hotel. We had aperitifs and a 3 course dinner including steak and finishing off with coffee and brandy. A superb bottle of Cab Sav although Moroccan bottled in Meknes and at 13.7% one of the best Cab Savs I have ever tasted, and have stopped a few going bad:winky:. This hotel has to be seen to believe, swimming pool,jacuzzi the full monty.
Total cost for an evening out in a 5 star hotel £32-23p. We enjoyed it so much I made it up to £35. I know just call me a spendthrift.::bigsmile:
The crazy part about it is we have been here for 11 days and I thought this hotel was some sort of government building. Its huge and we never went inside to see till tonight. We are supposed to be moving on tomorrow but now we have found gin and Schweppes and Pastis, I have my doubts.
Have been in some nice hotels around the world but this place is unbelievable, If any of you are ever in Zagora just ask for THE hotel.
Its about 5 minutes slow walk from camping Sindebad and 20 minutes back on a moonlite night.:winky:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
atip .its sometimes possible to buy wine etc in the resaurants ask for it to be in the bottle . in many hotels its cheaper at the table than at the bar . many arabic countries this is how you do it . maroc wine and beer is excellent just more expenive than cheap spanish . but their beer wins festivals in europe . the wine can be like the finest . tuniia also as great wine . goes down like silk . mmmmm
nice bottle of magrebbi sold in two litre plastic bottles called saddams is the cheap one . it is available in most places . but the moroccans like buying your spanish as most sell it to them too cheap.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Anyone heard from the travellers in Morocco lately, especially Roadrunner who hasn't been on line for a few days, very unusual. Last we heard he was having some little jobs done on his motorhome.

Nigel and Pamala

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Last I heard he was chasing some cleaning lady round his van:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Anyone heard from the travellers in Morocco lately, especially Roadrunner who hasn't been on line for a few days, very unusual. Last we heard he was having some little jobs done on his motorhome.

Nigel and Pamala

Hi Nigel and Pamala, I have heard nothing from John for sometime despite several phone calls. The last I heard from him was he intended leaving Morocco early March and heading for Marjal. Other than that I haven't a clue were he is.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

Nigel and Pamala

I have been all over the show out here been in Fez but back down to Agadir as love it here.......time to go to Spain soon though......

I am about again..........:sin:

Cheer guys:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Hey RR glad to see you are well :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Nigel & Pamela, Maggie, John and co been moving around a bit and not had time to come on skype but things back to normal-ish now:winky:

Thanks for your concern.

Be around again soon regularly:winky:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
atip .its sometimes possible to buy wine etc in the resaurants ask for it to be in the bottle . in many hotels its cheaper at the table than at the bar . many arabic countries this is how you do it . maroc wine and beer is excellent just more expenive than cheap spanish . but their beer wins festivals in europe . the wine can be like the finest . tuniia also as great wine . goes down like silk . mmmmm
nice bottle of magrebbi sold in two litre plastic bottles called saddams is the cheap one . it is available in most places . but the moroccans like buying your spanish as most sell it to them too cheap.

The major supermarkets here sell alcohol and been burning the candle at both ends recently as most major hotels have bars selling alcohol as many night clubs do as well most of my recent hangovers will testify to.....but the bars and clubs are very dear so back to normal now.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
so i take it you will be filling up more with spanish stuff next time .
we decided the clubs were a waste of time years ago.more fun with a good gang of locals round a fire. . glad you enjoying it . another world far from here . regards to all .bet you miss the weather here now .hee hee .
plus you have the drive back through spain . its getting warm there as well.
still lits of fun to be had. cheers alan

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
so i take it you will be filling up more with spanish stuff next time .
we decided the clubs were a waste of time years ago.more fun with a good gang of locals round a fire. . glad you enjoying it . another world far from here . regards to all .bet you miss the weather here now .hee hee .
plus you have the drive back through spain . its getting warm there as well.
still lits of fun to be had. cheers alan

Absolutely Al but nice to take in the clubs, every time I have been out not home till 5am and the clubs still going strong......... don't liven up till midnight........god there expensive though.......but taking in as much as possible.........and those Moroc girls :secret::lipstick::lips::notworthy:

The fireside nights have been a blast to although it does get cold some nights especially when wood is scarce:winky:

I will be stopping off in Gib to stock up Al................

Your info has been superb and spot on :winky::coolthumb::thanks2:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i bought one of the thick wol material djalabas years ago .ideal for sitting round the fire . of that evening walk around a souke or village. big beard and sandals murmer some arabic . makes for more fun.
so bouchra ,fatima , rahbab etc will be on your mind for awhile then . throw in a nadhia just for a change .
i dont know what your talking about there though .nudge nudge.
well gary is back in spain . got a new to him 4x4 truck waiting for him when he gets back. deepest mali for him next year if all goes to plan.
drive safe . soon be bislemmha to maroc .
how many fatimas are are you bringing back .ha ha

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
maroc

these arab girls .lovely when young but as they get older the weight gos on so you wouldent want her toroll on top .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: stan

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
think you been seeing the wrong women stan. hee hee .
many morrocan women even when old are quite thin . bit different to saudi style .
very nice folk though.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i hope you are having a good time . have you been out to the blue rocks . its great out there.
we park out by the rat rock . great place . good for seeing desert foxes . magical place . not so keen on the new paint job. heres one of the rat rock before they painted it ..one of tafraoute.main street and a few of the girls at taghazoute . must be my good looks .hee hee

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0870.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 48
  • maroc2003-4 161.jpg
    maroc2003-4 161.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 57
  • maroc2003-4 057.jpg
    maroc2003-4 057.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 55

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
these arab girls .lovely when young but as they get older the weight gos on so you wouldent want her toroll on top .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: stan

same as a lot of British girls.. obese before they leave school .. :Sad:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi olley .i cant do google maps etc . but have been down the coast as far as gambia in fact southern senegal. .once we took a flight from gambia to sierra leone . for twenty quid . very nice . but flying doesnt count . one day i will learn these computer thingies . and its no good giving me them sat nav whats its i havent got one of them either. i do know i miss the warm weather. never been so white as this for years .

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Alan it a google earth picture showing motorhomes at Dakhla, about 1300 miles from Ceuta on the Atlantic coast.

Ian

Attachments

• Dakhla.JPG
    Dakhla.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Dakhla2.JPG
    Dakhla2.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 24

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi we go down further very often its much nicer down on the gulf de cintra . or el argoub.
my mate felloff a jerry can doing a job on his truck . broke his wrist . managed to get his truck going and get to dakhla and get a plaster fitted . i took it off for him in spain 6 weeks later. the carparks on the way into dakhla get very busy now . thousands get there now . as they made it more difficult to park near agadir . i find dakhla too windy and the surfs not so good . ideal for the wind surf boys either on the lagoon their or wave jumping on the atlantic.
i like boujdour. not so good for swimming or surfing where we park but interseting they harvest seaweed for medicinal purposes lorry loads go away every day, i also like tarfaya . the french airmail went from there to americs. good museum all about st antoine de epery
might have spelt that wrong

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
heres a few of boujdour ship wreck .dakhla town boujdour where we park exhupery museum in tarfaya and the lagoon near dakla . thats us on the headland . we caught loads of small fish there eat fish every day .hee hee . but look at that maroc sun.

Attachments

• P1180084.jpg
    P1180084.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 55
  • P2020171.jpg
    P2020171.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 52
  • P1190093.jpg
    P1190093.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 53
  • P2030208.jpg
    P2030208.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 53
  • P1220114.jpg
    P1220114.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 50

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
few more to warm you up . the beach parking is fantastic . hope you like the sunset.
thought i had better keep wtting your appetites that dave and john have gone quiet.

Attachments

• P1240124.jpg
    P1240124.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 49
  • P2020177.jpg
    P2020177.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 49
  • P2020180.jpg
    P2020180.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 49
  • P2120336.jpg
    P2120336.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 51
  • P2140369.jpg
    P2140369.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 47

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
Exp
since1976
sat out side looking at rock right now 9am 20 deg not bad eh alan . bin told king coming to taffroute but its a secret . everyting been painted and flags flying roads swept but nobody nos when hes due. stan:winky:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well been helping some friends whose driver died at Agadir and really done some miles recently with some 750 kilometre journeys which have been FUN :sin: and now back to normal but based in Fes parked in a [HI] hotel car park free (Fes Inn Hotel) [/HI][STRIKE] (wildcamping I s'pose:winky::Cool:)[/STRIKE] right next to the swimming pool and outside bar...........

Reckoning on hitting the ferry in 6 or 7 days for Spain then don't know what..........::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
well stan and john we are a little bit envious . but sun is shining here in cornwall and its a lovely day to be alive . you both make the best of it . i know the sun gets you down .you feel sorry for us here ,not.
dont mention my name in tafaroute cop shop stan . hee hee spent 4 hours in there and came pout with a bit of paper allowing us to prk anywhere in the tiznet province so long as we were responsible for our own security . they didnt like us not paying the camping guardian . after we got it we left . went to the rocks . from the rat rock the view over looking the rocks and the mountain side is breath taking . i can see it now . keep your eyes open for the goat lady . she as usually the biggest herd of goats in the world .about 6 dogs and grazes them in thatarea . she is stunning . could be miss world and she isnt that young . you wave ,speak but the dogs wont let you get close .its amazing .
does the blasting in the quarry annoy you ?starts early goes on all day sometimes . but they are a friendly bunch there.
few more pics of the rocks .and one of the teapot makers and bucket makers in tafaroute all rolled by hand great to see. even the handles are rolled by hand.

Attachments

• P2150054.jpg
    P2150054.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 35
  • P2150056.jpg
    P2150056.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0892.jpg
    IMG_0892.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0887.jpg
    IMG_0887.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 36
  • P2170096.jpg
    P2170096.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 37

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
Exp
since1976
bought a hot water boiler at the bucket shop last week and its briliant . water from well a few palm fronds (loads lyeing around) half hour viola hot water shower . (have one every month weather ineed one or not) . glad good weather there . stan:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back