camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi everyone,
Thank you for all your helpful advice! Having just returned from 10 glorious days in Lanzarote I was pleased to receive a positive response from my dealings with Aldi.
Initially I phoned the nice young lady and explained what had happened - her response to request evidence via a credit card statement that I had indeed visited their store on the precise date and time of my ionfringment of their parking rules.
The first letter I received from Aldi said
"........... As it is apparent you shop with us on a regular basis and have never previously overstayed, we have instructed Parking Eye to cancel this parking charge notice."

The second letter was from Parking Eye confirming the parking charge had been cancelled.

Nice one Aldi I shall continue to be a satisfied customer, making sure I don't repeat the offence.

Norman

It's not an offence, Norman. And these private companies cannot levy "fines" either, they can just send you an invoice which you can choose to contest or pay. Glad it was cancelled, though. There has been a BIG backlash against Aldi's lack of interest in instructing their delightful contractor, PE, what their requirements are, so I am sure they have decided that good PR is probably worth a bit of extra effort and decided not to hack too many customers off permanently.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi everyone,
Thank you for all your helpful advice! Having just returned from 10 glorious days in Lanzarote I was pleased to receive a positive response from my dealings with Aldi.
Initially I phoned the nice young lady and explained what had happened - her response to request evidence via a credit card statement that I had indeed visited their store on the precise date and time of my ionfringment of their parking rules.
The first letter I received from Aldi said
"........... As it is apparent you shop with us on a regular basis and have never previously overstayed, we have instructed Parking Eye to cancel this parking charge notice."

The second letter was from Parking Eye confirming the parking charge had been cancelled.

Nice one Aldi I shall continue to be a satisfied customer, making sure I don't repeat the offence.

Norman

Certainly a nice one. This just shows what dealing positively and in a friendly manner with the car park owner can do. As I recall, previous similar threads dealing with similar incidents with Asda and a hospital (where similar positive approaches were made) had similar results.

The reality is that car park owners aren't really interested in levying charges on genuine people who make genuine mistakes, only in discouraging those who selfishly abuse the facilities and then whinge to the likes of pepipoo because they daren't face up to taking responsibility for the consequences.

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
A friend of mine up here in Scotland got a similar fine, the first 2 hours was free for parking and he was 5 minutes late so he was fined, after speaking to a solicitor they said it was a civil mater and the company would have to take him to court and prove to the judge that the fine was is proportion to the offence and if a car park charges a couple of quid an hour then try to fine someone 70 quid for 5 minutes doesn't look good for the company! So their advice was to ignore it :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back