Overheating

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Teepee, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Teepee

Teepee Read Only Funster

Could not believe it yesterday, driving back from Mersea island, engine management light started flashing and temperature gauge needle shot across to red then engine stalled. Nursed it to garage this morning. After seeing my mate who is a mechanic eventually worked it out water pump naff. After hours of stripping half the engine down to get to it not only is the water pump naff but where the seized pump shaft goes into power steering pump its sheared the teeth in that as well. Going to work out rather expensive, the price of the parts isn't that bad although bad enough it's the amount of labour it takes to do the job. The joys of motoring Ha Ha.

2. PP Bear

PP Bear Funster Life Member

ooooh heart felt sorrow for you Teepee, hope its sorted as cheaply and quickly as poss:Sad:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Teepee

Teepee Read Only Funster

Thanks for reply PP Bear, don't think it will be cheap though.

4. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

Thats the killer nowadays. The price of labour, if it wasn't for my little man I would give up driving altogether.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

Bit cheeky that Dave. What do you mean exactly? Does your 'little man' like going out in the van? :BigGrin:

Ivy

• Like Like x 1
  6. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

No,No Ivy, he used to be my mechanic when I had the trucks and when I retired he set up on his own. He looks after all my vehicles at a very good price. He is little and wiry so can get into awkward places. Also old school so is used to repair, not replace.