Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
Could not believe it yesterday, driving back from Mersea island, engine management light started flashing and temperature gauge needle shot across to red then engine stalled. Nursed it to garage this morning. After seeing my mate who is a mechanic eventually worked it out water pump naff. After hours of stripping half the engine down to get to it not only is the water pump naff but where the seized pump shaft goes into power steering pump its sheared the teeth in that as well. Going to work out rather expensive, the price of the parts isn't that bad although bad enough it's the amount of labour it takes to do the job. The joys of motoring Ha Ha.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Could not believe it yesterday, driving back from Mersea island, engine management light started flashing and temperature gauge needle shot across to red then engine stalled. Nursed it to garage this morning. After seeing my mate who is a mechanic eventually worked it out water pump naff. After hours of stripping half the engine down to get to it not only is the water pump naff but where the seized pump shaft goes into power steering pump its sheared the teeth in that as well. Going to work out rather expensive, the price of the parts isn't that bad although bad enough it's the amount of labour it takes to do the job. The joys of motoring Ha Ha.

ooooh heart felt sorrow for you Teepee, hope its sorted as cheaply and quickly as poss:Sad:

OP
OP
T

Teepee

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Essex
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
1 year
Thanks for reply PP Bear, don't think it will be cheap though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thats the killer nowadays. The price of labour, if it wasn't for my little man I would give up driving altogether.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Bit cheeky that Dave. What do you mean exactly? Does your 'little man' like going out in the van? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Bit cheeky that Dave. What do you mean exactly? Does your 'little man' like going out in the van? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

No,No Ivy, he used to be my mechanic when I had the trucks and when I retired he set up on his own. He looks after all my vehicles at a very good price. He is little and wiry so can get into awkward places. Also old school so is used to repair, not replace.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back