markh

Free Member
Jun 4, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Lots
And the 3 day week, power cuts, gas lights in Woolworths and sitting in front of the gas oven to keep warm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
And the money pots whizzing round the ceiling on the tramlines to the cashiers office in the Co-op.
Oooh yes, Kayes department store in Huddersfield had them, and a lift with a lift operator chap!

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
My first Army pay was £10 and that was 1965.

Obviously the JLs/Apprentices got less, than the Regs.

:cooler:

Yes and I think we had money going into "credits" with the POSB. Certainly had quite a bit of cash to take home with us on leave. :happy:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Yes and I think we had money going into "credits" with the POSB. Certainly had quite a bit of cash to take home with us on leave. :happy:

My first "pay parade" £5 5s

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Do you remember using trolleybuses? I do, up Barnet Hill but can't remember what the fare was...:smiley:

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I recall the chewing gum machines, YZ, you got 2 packets if the arrow on the knob pointed towards you.
Cadbury's did a range of 6d bars, one of which was the 6 piece Milk Tray.
Also Fry's 5 Boys range. Barley sugar twists a foot long with a chocolate fondant centre after pigging the Bovril crisps!
Then the "indoor games equipment" at 3/9d for 3!

OP
OP
parknride

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Do you remember using trolleybuses? I do, up Barnet Hill but can't remember what the fare was...:smiley:
I remember trolley buses from Longwood into Huddersfield, but not the fare.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
:france:
I recall the chewing gum machines, YZ, you got 2 packets if the arrow on the knob pointed towards you.
Cadbury's did a range of 6d bars, one of which was the 6 piece Milk Tray.
Also Fry's 5 Boys range. Barley sugar twists a foot long with a chocolate fondant centre after pigging the Bovril crisps!
Then the "indoor games equipment" at 3/9d for 3!
I remember putting two bob in the chewing gum machine in the toilets when at a wedding and only getting stupid balloons :crying::crying:
bill

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Home & Colonial stores with beautiful marble counters and I think it was there that they gave the customer a slip of paper with the list of your goods and you took it to a lady in a little hut, paid her and then back to the counter to get your bag of goodies.
Those air powered money pots used to scare the daylights out of me.

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
:france:
I remember putting two bob in the chewing gum machine in the toilets when at a wedding and only getting stupid balloons :crying::crying:
bill

I bet they were flavored balloons though Bill..

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011

Blimey, I was just going to mention trolley buses. I don't what the fare was either, Mum used to pay in those days!

th.jpg

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I bet they were flavored balloons though Bill..
all I can remember wasthe hole room gowing very quite as I tried to blow one up in the midal of the dance floor
and my mother screaming john get the off him he would give a darky a read face there was me standing in my we whit satin page boy outfit wondering what all the fuss is abut :crying::crying:

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Can remember 4 gallons for £1. After we got married we bought a Wolsley 6-110 and we used to put £13 a week in it just to run around! It was a nice car though!

Gobstoppers used to be 1d and they were huge, not like now! Also remember fruit salads and blackjacks 4 for 1d.

Joe & Denise

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back