Not a good start!!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by TonyS, Sep 10, 2013.

1. TonyS

TonyS Read Only Funster

Well, we finally took delivery of our new pride and joy...had a great handover from the dealers when they went through all the systems with us in great detail - including filling water tanks. We got home home, plugged the truma ultraflow adapter thingy onto the water filler nozzle exactly as we'd been shown, turned on the tap, and I went to watch the water level on the monitor. To my horror I looked in the van only to find a stream of water spraying into the interior of our pride and joy, The carpets and floor were completely soaked. After panic levels subsided and blood pressure returned to normal, an investigation showed that there was nothing attached between the inside of the filler cap and the tank - I had been filling our motorhome with water! So...off back to the dealers - who were very apologetic (so much for the thorough handover!:Angry:) They sorted the problem and quickly dried it out with dehumidifiers etc.
    Having got the motorhome back, my partner and I set off on our first day out in the van to Swanage. We found ourselves a lovely place to park (with plenty of space which was a relief as I'm not used to driving large vehicles!), duly bought our ticket and set off to enjoy the folk festival there. We returned to the motorhome, looking forward to a nice cuppa and lunch on board - only to discover a fixed penalty notice!?! Initially I thought the warden hadn't seen my ticket displayed....It was only then that -as a newbie to motorhome ownership - I discovered that a van is not a car, when it comes to parking spots!! :Sad:There were other motorhomes parked in nearby bays, and we'd genuinely never given it a thought. It was only when I looked more closely at the ticket machine that I saw "cars and motorcycles only"! :Doh: D'oh! A lesson learned the hard way! So anyway, that's two things gone wrong now in quick succession....hope it's not true that things always happen in threes!!! What's the saying?...things can only get better!!! Or is this motorhome milarkey always this stressfull...??:Laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Not the best of starts, but don't let that put you off! So, a ticket! You now start to realise British authorities dont like Motorhomes or people enjoying themselves without shopping!
    Me? Cynical? Surely not.....
    Allan

• Like Like x 1
  3. simbadog

simbadog Funster

That's all quite normal, I'll give you £5K & take it off your hands :Wink:

4. TonyS

TonyS Read Only Funster

Well, if you'd said that just after it all happened, I may well have snatched your hand off!! :Laughing:

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Are you related to Shiiifftty by any chance :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Peter

6. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Lesson Learned Tony! Next van, make sure on handover that they show you everything WORKING! Most good dealers will check the gas, water etc and show it all working, so they can handover with all 100%. Obviously this dealer had not done a thorough PDI before handing over.

Tickets - another lesson! Always check, stay in marked bays wherever possible (which is rarely) and overhang your rear end over verges if you can. If in doubt, such as supermarkets etc - then ask, or at least tell the folk at customer service armed with your reg number - many are monitored by companies and cameras. If you have permission, you should be fine!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Monty1083

Monty1083 Read Only Funster

Have you won the lottery Simbadog? You just offered me 2k for mine!
    :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2