Free Member
Aug 12, 2013
dorset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
just starting out (aug 2013)
Well, we finally took delivery of our new pride and joy...had a great handover from the dealers when they went through all the systems with us in great detail - including filling water tanks. We got home home, plugged the truma ultraflow adapter thingy onto the water filler nozzle exactly as we'd been shown, turned on the tap, and I went to watch the water level on the monitor. To my horror I looked in the van only to find a stream of water spraying into the interior of our pride and joy, The carpets and floor were completely soaked. After panic levels subsided and blood pressure returned to normal, an investigation showed that there was nothing attached between the inside of the filler cap and the tank - I had been filling our motorhome with water! So...off back to the dealers - who were very apologetic (so much for the thorough handover!:Angry:) They sorted the problem and quickly dried it out with dehumidifiers etc.
Having got the motorhome back, my partner and I set off on our first day out in the van to Swanage. We found ourselves a lovely place to park (with plenty of space which was a relief as I'm not used to driving large vehicles!), duly bought our ticket and set off to enjoy the folk festival there. We returned to the motorhome, looking forward to a nice cuppa and lunch on board - only to discover a fixed penalty notice!?! Initially I thought the warden hadn't seen my ticket displayed....It was only then that -as a newbie to motorhome ownership - I discovered that a van is not a car, when it comes to parking spots!! :Sad:There were other motorhomes parked in nearby bays, and we'd genuinely never given it a thought. It was only when I looked more closely at the ticket machine that I saw "cars and motorcycles only"! :Doh: D'oh! A lesson learned the hard way! So anyway, that's two things gone wrong now in quick succession....hope it's not true that things always happen in threes!!! What's the saying?...things can only get better!!! Or is this motorhome milarkey always this stressfull...??:roflmto:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Not the best of starts, but don't let that put you off! So, a ticket! You now start to realise British authorities dont like Motorhomes or people enjoying themselves without shopping!
Me? Cynical? Surely not.....
Allan

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
That's all quite normal, I'll give you £5K & take it off your hands :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

TonyS

Free Member
Aug 12, 2013
dorset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
just starting out (aug 2013)
That's all quite normal, I'll give you £5K & take it off your hands :winky:

Well, if you'd said that just after it all happened, I may well have snatched your hand off!! :roflmto:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Lesson Learned Tony! Next van, make sure on handover that they show you everything WORKING! Most good dealers will check the gas, water etc and show it all working, so they can handover with all 100%. Obviously this dealer had not done a thorough PDI before handing over.

Tickets - another lesson! Always check, stay in marked bays wherever possible (which is rarely) and overhang your rear end over verges if you can. If in doubt, such as supermarkets etc - then ask, or at least tell the folk at customer service armed with your reg number - many are monitored by companies and cameras. If you have permission, you should be fine!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back