Night Safty

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by dave jm, Feb 8, 2010.

1. dave jm

dave jm Read Only Funster

2. alivan

alivan Read Only Funster

Alarm

Goodmorning, Have had a look at this system and It looks good, I have sent for details.
    Wile asleep I use a luggage strap. Fit it across the from doors. so if they can't pull the door open wide. By then they have broken the lock. I still have not repaired the passenger lock from last time. (key will not opperate).

Last time in 06 it cost me; a laptop, phone, passport, glasses and about 2,000 euro in cash. Never did like the Frogs.

Ivan:cry:

3. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

How do you know it was "Frogs" as you put it.. :Angry:

More likely to have been imigrants on their way here.. :cry:

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

People keep asking the question, don't know anyone who bought it.

Problem: Animals and fellow inmates on campsites.

5. VMax666

VMax666 Read Only Funster

Sorry, in the About Us section they talk about Gassing as a problem. That turns me off immediately, if they have done so little research etc etc. Please don't start a war on this again:Angry::Smile:
    These are a quick, cheap alternative and can be fitted to doors or windows.
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=31825
    VMax

6. robnchris

robnchris Funster

Hi all,
    The only problem with this one is the alarm doesn`t sound until they have opened the door, so technically already inside the van.

Our alarm works so much better and also the bad guys are still outside when it sounds off.

[​IMG]

Remains of the last intruder, Grrrrr

7. RichardnGill

RichardnGill Read Only Funster

I would think you would get all kinds of false alarms with this system.

Just think you are on an Aire and the van next to you is only about 4 feet away from you, they owners come back from the Pub late and have to walk past your van.

Rich...

8. dave jm

You can set the sensors down to 3 inches from m/h before lights and alarm come on..at least that way it would deter the scum trying to put gas down your air vents or pipes...it is expensive i know but what price do you put on safty......Dave

9. The Wallace

The Wallace Read Only Funster

Sorry, I thought this was about a problem older Scottish men get. (night safty)

ok, you have to say it in scottish or it doesen't work!

But, Dave - come on, do you still believe in gas down your vents?

On the last aire we used you had to brush against the next van to get the door open and get into ours so even if set to zero distance an external sensor would go off.

10. dave jm

In the circumstance you mention you would not need to have it on also you would not be packed in like sardines all the time when your out in the m/h...on the point of gas ask the Funsters if they have read or know anyone thats had it done to them....I have a son in the Guardia civil whose job it is to investigate these incidents...95% are from the eastern block country's who are not short of using violence...I just think a system of this nature that warns you when someone is very close to the m/h would be a good deterant...forarmed or forwarned...thanks for your comment...Dave

11. The Wallace

Well guys (and gals)?

Remember, only first hand experiences (eg, narcotic alarm went off) or hospital test confirmed attacks count!

No phart jokes needed.

When we lived on a posh housing estate one of the local posers fitted a proximity alarm to his tarted up Pug. The local lads (on the way back from the pub) took great delight in setting off it's "please move away from the vehicle" until the alarm sounder went off. After a couple of weekends of this disturbance at 1 in the morning he gave up and fitted a conventional alarm.

But we all have to fit what makes us feel safe - it's better than carrying an air rifle after all.

12. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

The straps across the doors have saved many people - along with high security door lock kits, which replace your door key with one similar to the lock on the hab door security bars/arms. (like a vending machine key)

There are also window alarms available, in case they go in through windows whilst you are asleep. PIR sensor awning/outside lights are available, which may be another approach - you can have a similar effect for very little money!

I think after the fourth rabbit, the buzzer would cheese me off! lol!

13. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

I would caution against strapping doors together unless it has a quick release device. If you need to exit in a hurry, seconds count....

There is a good discussion about door straps and security here
    http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-security/2930-strapping-doors-belts.html

Jim's ( the ringleader) advice

14. The Wallace

I still don't understand the logic of chaining (or straps, wires and ropes) steel doors shut when there are plastic windows to silently break!