Rally New Year@Shrewsbury--the return (2 Viewers)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Thanks for that Martin, Angela finishes work @1pm on Friday so it may well be dark when we get there.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Its OK Paul you should know your way from last year and we will be waiting for you,

Martin

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Its OK Paul you should know your way from last year and we will be waiting for you,

Martin
You might be Martin. Me? I'll be long gone in fairyland, but might be up and about after 04.00 hrs, if that's when you are arriving Paul. :LOL:

Looking forward to seeing you and Angela. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for that Martin, Angela finishes work @1pm on Friday so it may well be dark when we get there.

Be careful if arriving in the dark. Some silly bugger has left lots of black arrows on the road where we're supposed to park (see Martin's pdf) :eek:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
You might be Martin. Me? I'll be long gone in fairyland, but might be up and about after 04.00 hrs, if that's when you are arriving Paul. :LOL:

Looking forward to seeing you and Angela. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. ;)
Jock, you will have to have bloody good eyesight to see me at 4am, I'll be flat on my back sucking the curtains off the window snoring my head off :xrofl::xrofl:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Jock, you will have to have bloody good eyesight to see me at 4am, I'll be flat on my back sucking the curtains off the window snoring my head off :xrofl::xrofl:
Fair do's Paul, but if arriving after 22.30, have a look for the Hymer with the curtains already sucked off the windows, ie, that's where we are pitched. :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Fair do's Paul, but if arriving after 22.30, have a look for the Hymer with the curtains already sucked off the windows, ie, that's where we are pitched. :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers,

Thanks Jock, we're hoping it's a bit earlier than that :xThumb:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
"I have put the green flag right over Cross Street where you dont want to be in a tall van, If you do come down the spring gardens road you will loop around the town centre and avoid cross street BUT if you were to turn right out of Berwick Road leaving the meet you would have no option other than Cross Street, there are light that flash if you are a high vehicle and they tell you to STOP and turn around, I know because we set them off last week:xrofl:"

Hi Martin -can you advise the height of the bridge please -we are 10Ft.

thanks
Jim

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
"I have put the green flag right over Cross Street where you dont want to be in a tall van, If you do come down the spring gardens road you will loop around the town centre and avoid cross street BUT if you were to turn right out of Berwick Road leaving the meet you would have no option other than Cross Street, there are light that flash if you are a high vehicle and they tell you to STOP and turn around, I know because we set them off last week:xrofl:"

Hi Martin -can you advise the height of the bridge please -we are 10Ft.

thanks
Jim
10 feet is just 2 inches over 3 metres so if you really want to go that way you should "scrape" under. If you come in through the town and the riverside and get in the "wrong" RH lane the Camera should measure you, you can then either go under just for the devil of it and do a lap of the town or just move left into the the correct lane for the Showground.

I can put in a GRP repair kit in if you like.

Martin

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thanks Martin,:xThumb: will take a rain check on the GRP kit:eek:

Managed to find one bridge at cross street on Street view but we will not be coming that way in so will be ok:xgrin:

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Dave has spent all day cleaning the motor home in readiness for Christmas as we sleep in it at our daughters over Christmas therefore should there be the slightest chance we would be ready to join our many friends at this meet. Only 45 minutes away. Can only hope x X x

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Plans are progressing for New Year,

Tea coffee and sugar for a cuppa to go with your bacon butty's (bring your mug), oh yes the bacon is ordered and the sauce is there Red and Brown, we haven't bothered asking people to pre order bacon Butty's so just turn up with your cash £1 a go, between 10am and 11am on New Years morning so just what the Doctor orders.

You will see other things in the pile, Champagne glasses for Midnight and we might even find some bottles but feel free to bring your favourite fizz, prizes for the Quiz's which will be New Years day evening, last year we had a bit of a nibble and a drink with some stuff left from NYE but we will see how that goes, I will put up a white board outside our van and update any activities as we go (feel free to add your suggestions)

IMG_0238.JPG

You may also have noticed in the pile some 13amp 3 pin (domestic) to blue camping socket adapters these will be needed by people who have requested to be closer to the room for mobility reasons, if you have your own please bring them but these were £5 on Go Outdoors if anybody wants (these two are for sale if anybody wants them after the weekend.
OK while we are on electrics please bring any spare hook up leads that you have just incase we have to extend any.

IMG_0239.JPG

Finally, for now anyway we are are a little out of pocket making these arrangement so will be asking for £1 per person when you arrive, I am warning you so that you can have change ready (not to give you time to save up), I don't do change.

PS "parking" we aim to park all vans facing into the roadway with back wheels on the grass and front wheels on good firm ground but feel free to bring any planks or bits of wood to go under your wheels to stop that "sinking feeling".
OK some of you have worked out that that will put the RWD vans with their drive wheels well onto the grass unless they want to face the other way like "naughty children" last time we were at the showground the going was firm but of course these things can change just like our plans can, but again bring something to put your wheel on to stop the "sinking" (Hydraulic jacks are optional) and I dont think there will be any problems.

There's always one though:xdoh:

DSC04386.jpg

Martin

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I can put in a GRP repair kit in if you like.
:rofl:

I've just this minute confirmed by phone, the collection of the bacon on Tues 27th/Weds 28th.

Rita and I would like to arrive a day earlier, ie, Thursday please Martin, and we will sort it out by phone with the Wardens before hand.

Cheers,

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
:rofl:

I've just this minute confirmed by phone, the collection of the bacon on Tues 27th/Weds 28th.

Rita and I would like to arrive a day earlier, ie, Thursday please Martin, and we will sort it out by phone with the Wardens before hand.

Cheers,

No problem Jock, if you don't get Jan this week after will be OK.

See you Thursday.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back