Rally New Year@Shrewsbury--the return (2 Viewers)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
img_0094-jpg.139931

Seeing those 2 x containers of dips on the right, has reminded us.................................that we forgot to leave the 2 x bags of Tortilla Chips that went with them. :eek:
We're resigned to scoffing two bags of salty bl##dy chips now, whilst you lot just dip your fingers into tasty sauces. :LOL:

What a great looking spread, and what a plentiful looking fridge, especially at the back ;)

Glad to read that it all went well, and according to plan. (y)

Sorry that we weren't there to share it with you all, (and apologies to those we didn't manage to say cheerio to) but certain things take priority, and health is up there at the top.
Rita thanks those wishing her all the best (y) and hopes to be fitter and healthier, when she sees you all sometime soon hopefully. (y)

Many thanks to @funflair (Martin & Jen) once again, for organising a repeat success of last year's New Year's Eve. Nice one you two. (y)

BTW, who had my (Jock's) bacon butties? :mad: ................................................ ;)

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh @JockandRita so sorry to miss you going, enjoyed your company while you were there, love to Rita and fingers crossed that she is on the mend soon. x

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wasn't there but thread-watched and so pleased it enjoyable ... loving the photos.

Rita ..@JockandRita hope you get well soon.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Would just like to say a BIG thank To Martin & Jen Robbin & Hillary & all helpers . What a fantastic time was had by all . Amanda was in her element and we would like to thank everyone for helping us make the New year a memorable one for us xxx look forward to meeting you all again during 2017 xxx

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Home now after a fantastic New Year Weekend, Big thankyou to Martin & Jen and their helpers for superb organisation, to Robin & Hilary for the great music & to Geraldine for a fun singalong last night, great to meet up with all our old friends and meet some new ones, all in all .......perfect x
Sue & Eric xx

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Back home now after a fantastic New year weekend. Funsters certainly know how to party. Special thanks to Martin & Jen for organising a great meet at a great venue and for Robbin & Hillary for the disco/music. Thanks to everyone for joining in and to Geri for the uke interlude and group X factor singalongs last night.

A fantastic venue close to Shrewsbury town and great for a stopover weekend also

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
What can I say that as not been said. It was a fantastic weekend. Good weather. A big thank you to Martin and Jen, for the great meet, Robin and Hillary for the music, Geri for entertaing us. Fantastic Motor home fun song. Also to the helpers who made this very enjoyable meet. Also every Funster who made it a great weekend.
A very Happy New year to all. Take care all,John.:xsmile::xsmile::xsmile:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Last van just rolled out and we are here home alone tonight, I think we might sleep in tomorrow morning:sleep: I have to be honest when the alarm went off this morning I took a while to work out where I was and certainly didn't want to get up.

Thanks again everyone for coming, I am pretty sure everyone apart from @Popeye had a great time which makes all the hard work worthwhile, or am I just deluded.

Actually if anybody else is thinking about organising something like this it isn't that difficult when people come to help and have a good time, in fact it is hugely rewarding.

Special "big up" to @meanders Robin and Hillary and Ger @cliffandger.

See you all in a field somewhere.

Martin and Jen

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Huge thank you to Martin and Jen for organising a brilliant party, and to Robin and Hillary for the fantastic music. Really enjoyed seeing in the New Year with all the Funsters - unfortunately I ended up with the dreaded lurgy and decided to take my bugs home early.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Huge thank you to Martin and Jen for organising a brilliant party, and to Robin and Hillary for the fantastic music. Really enjoyed seeing in the New Year with all the Funsters - unfortunately I ended up with the dreaded lurgy and decided to take my bugs home early.
How are you feeling today June ??? X

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
Jeff brought me home and tucked me in with a lemsip. Still feeling a bit wonky, but hopefully have caught it in time to stop getting any worse.
See you soon and we will crack open that bottle :drinks:

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Back home now after another fantastic funster meet, what a good way to see the New Year in.
Big thanks to Martin and Jen for all their organising and Robin, Hillary and Ger for the entertainment.
Also a big thanks to the chefs who did the bacon butties which were really appreciated after all that booze the night before.
Look forward to meeting you all again in 2017. :xsmile:
Dave & Sandra.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just got home and can only echo what's been said above. Thank you Martin, Jen and helpers for a really lovely weekend.

The lovely warm room, the brilliant disco, the wonderful food, the quiz, and the usual reprobates (plus some nice mans biscuit owners) all made for a brilliant party weekend.

It was lovely to see everyone. @Debs and Lauren, it was really good to see you both, and sorry Phil @Taran_Las, but you missed a good 'un!

Having emptied the van fridge, I have two more apologies.....

Sorry @Popeye Jac, if you stopped for a cuppa on the way home ...;) and

@Mousy Dawn, you might want to buy another jar of mango chutney for your next curry ...... ;)

Happy 2017 everyone and heres to the next load of messing around in our motorhomes! (y)

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
It was the second photo down, @meggie, Marc and Sue. The photos don't show all the lights lit up as some are flashing There was also a laser show on the tree next to @meggie but doesn't show up well due to the angle of the photo. There were others lit up as well but I didn't take photos of everyone , just the ones adjacent to our van
ps
We thought our van was best but Amanda refused to accept any bribes :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
It was the second photo down, Meggies van, Marc and Sue. The photos don't show all the lights lit up as some are flashing .there were others lit up as well but I didn't take photos of everyone , just the ones adjacent to our van
ps
Ta, I thought they all looked great and also the two projector doobreys that lit up the trees to make them sparkle:)

Jan 9, 2010
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
What another brilliant new year at Shrewsbury. A big thank you to Martin and Jen and Robin and Hillary who did a brilliant job. Great to see a good turn out of N&B ers too. Lovely to meet up with our friends and meet some lovely new people. Once again a HUGE thank you
Kaye and Dave

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It was the second photo down, @meggie, Marc and Sue. The photos don't show all the lights lit up as some are flashing There was also a laser show on the tree next to @meggie but doesn't show up well due to the angle of the photo. There were others lit up as well but I didn't take photos of everyone , just the ones adjacent to our van
ps
Hope all the stickers come off the front of @meggie 's van as they were still there when they drove away.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back