May 16, 2017
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2009
Hello all,
I'm not a complete newbie having owned a van conversion for a few years however it got minimal use so I still make beginners errors.
However, a nearly new AutoSleeper Broadway is coming home soon and I'm a bit excited.
The thing is I'm giving it baptism of fire, so to speak, by taking it to Download festival the day after I pick it up. Therefore I won't have time to gather essentials.
We've got a posh pitch so will be on hook-up all weekend but what according to you lovely people do I absolutely need i.e. Wood for rear stabilisers? Awning ties and what form. Also should I make time to give at least the fresh water tank a good flush (I already have some soluable powder for this).
Advice much appreciated.
Thank you

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
:welco:To the house of fun. Using "Posh Pitches" sounds as though they may well be level, so ramps etc not essential for the first outing. EHU lead deffo essential as you are paying for it anyway. Weather wise, if it is blowing a hoolie, do not put awning out, gentle breeze use tie down kit. I use the Peggy peg set up, so the kit fits in with the leg anchor plates etc. Very few use the stabilisers that come with their unit and I don't think I've seen anywhere were someone has had them put on. Hose with "Hoselock" type connections for your fresh water tank. If the site has drive over waste area, then you will be fine, but if not you will need a hose from waste outlet to dump area. Plenty of beer and wine - with glasses, and the rest you just cruise through. We picked up our MH on the Fri and went away, that day for the Xmas period and we were complete newbies. Best advice - just enjoy.(y);)

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
On our last van A Broadway I removed the stabilisers and gained over 14 kg of payload.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Hello from another White Rose and welcome to the Fun :hiya:

perfect.jpg

OP
OP
Rosa Alba

Rosa Alba

Free Member
May 16, 2017
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you for your advice folks.
I do have a bit of kit I'll transfer from my van including cable and small levelling ramps.
The normal camper/caravan pitch at Download is one big slope but I'm hoping the pitch I've booked is a bit more level although I'm sure it's just a temporary set up. No drive to service points it will be drain and lugg.
As such does anyone know the diameters of the waste and fresh drains on the Broadway so I can purchase a bit of hose and connections in advance.
Thank you for your advice on removing the stays John I will consider that.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thank you for your advice folks.
I do have a bit of kit I'll transfer from my van including cable and small levelling ramps.
The normal camper/caravan pitch at Download is one big slope but I'm hoping the pitch I've booked is a bit more level although I'm sure it's just a temporary set up. No drive to service points it will be drain and lugg.
As such does anyone know the diameters of the waste and fresh drains on the Broadway so I can purchase a bit of hose and connections in advance.
Thank you for your advice on removing the stays John I will consider that.
We carry a collapsible bucket for draining grey waste when cannot pull over a drain. A bucket has many other uses too.
No need to drain your fresh on site, just leave it in tank. We carry now a 5 litre (used to be a 10 litre) fresh water container for drinking water every day. This container can be used to top up our tank if cannot use hose.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back