Motorhome Refund

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Mike100, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Mike100

Mike100 Read Only Funster

Hi, Has anyone had a brand new motorhome which has turned into a nightmare, and got there money back .......We have come to the end of the line, in the 11 months we have had ours it has been in repair for 3 of those eleven. Now after receiving it back yesterday something else has gone wrong and I have had enough.

Just interested if anyone has been up this route.

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I've seen it reported more than once.

Problem is it's usually done via a gagging agreement so only tiny details are revealed.

You do have to fight for it.

3. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Well here goes someone has to ask...................what make /model is it and what were/are the problems ?

4. JJ

JJ Funster

Welcome to the Fun...

It is a shame you have had to suffer all this grief with your new motorhome without the wisdom and wit of the Funsters to try to help...

But do not panic...

You are here now and someone is bound to be along soon with help... the members here are like that.

JJ

5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Its hard work rejecting a vehicle, but before anyone can advise, a lot more information is needed.

What van and what has gone wrong with it and whats wrong with it now.

Peter

6. BigJohn

BigJohn Read Only Funster

Are you a member of the Which legal service? They are good. Sometimes they will advise new members when they join - worth a try.
    Good luck.

7. Mike100

Thanks everyone for replying.

I don't want to go into a list of problems, please believe there are lots.

I was just interested if anyone had been succesful in a refund.

I feel sure that -
    A) These are Faulty Goods
    B) The goods are not fit for there purpose

Thank you for your interest I will keep eveyone posted.

All we want is a Motorhome to enjoy and use.. It is now back at the retailers being looked at again, then it is due to go back to the factory in April to try and be sorted.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  8. ips

ips Read Only Funster

I may be wrong but I seem to remember that in the motortrade they have to be given 3 chances to rectify then you can chuck it back ........... might be totally wrong though

9. Mike100

That's interesting, it's obviously a grey area thats kept under wraps about returning vehicles.

10. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Maybe......I am sure if we wait a bit someone with more knowledge of this matter will clarify for you.

11. gwnking

gwnking Read Only Funster

I know you can do that with certain white goods but not heard of it in motorhomes.

12. robnchris

robnchris Funster

fit for purpose

Again not certain of the legal position but surely you have a case re "fit for purpose".

I think I would had said by now here are the keys I`m not coming back for it, the next person you will hear from is my solicitor.
    Do you have legal representation with your imotorhome or house insurance that you can go to?

13. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Have you been dealing with the MH dealer or have you acctually spoken to the manufacturers, surely they would want this matter clearing up asap for good "PR"

14. Mike100

Hi, Well we have been dealing with both the MH dealer (it's there now being repaired)
    and this week at the NEC show we met a lady from the manufactures who is helping and showing concern in our problems.

Our concern is this, that the vehicle is dropping to bits every time we attempt to use it. At what point do we say enough is enough. From day 1 this vehicle has been a problem. WE have laughed and cried about this van, but at the end of the day, the quality, of which the company proudly claim is great, is unfortunately AWFUL.

Our confidence in this Product has come to an end, surely after spending £35,000 odd pounds you should get something durable. Sorry about the rant, but we feel so upset and not sure what will happen next, but will post our findings on how we have been delt with. Many thanks...

PS. Took the van into be repaired Jan, it was going back to the Factory Feb, Left arm did'nt know what the right arm was doing, should be going back in April. Got the van back yesterday morning 10am, steps and electrics packed in by 1pm. :Rofl1:

15. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

All of us wish you a swift solution to your problem.

16. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

We did have a new one from a dealer, and it was a pain in the rear - usual problems with clutch etc after few thousand miles. There were other things as well, but every time it had to be inspected etc and it all took time. As a hire vehicle, it was useless - too many gremlins. The delaer was good and we chopped it in for older models that were particularly clean and low mileage - not a problem since!

17. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

You fishing Brian?

18. TonyIsh UK

TonyIsh UK Read Only Funster

Maybe a time to look at your house and motor insurance for uninsured losses. ?? A couple of phone calls might get some legal eagle to take up the case ?

CC or CCC if you are members might offer a service.

Rgds

19. robnchris

robnchris Funster

Compensation

I would certainly be looking for a big sweetener, have you thought about asking them for another van and taking the troublesome one in part exchange.
    I would think you had plenty of ground for getting an exceptional deal.

20. wiljoy

wiljoy Funster

Very sad to hear you are one of the dozens of frustrated customers.
    Five years ago I had a rogue van which eventually got so bad I was forced to sell it. The next owner dropped down dead after a few months use, but don't panic.
    At the time I contacted The Caravan Club Legal department who advised me then that if I had given them the chance to rectify then I was not in a position for a refund. The proceedure was , then, I would have to make my position clear to the dealer who would insist on an independent survey. The vehicle would have to go back to the dealer who in turn would liase with the manufacturer and eventually decisions would be made. According to the legal boffins this would mean you would have no van or refund until an agreement was reached, this could take years.
    You can bet your life our present manufacturers attitude to customers would probably mean a long drawn out process would follow. This would ensure you, the so called customer, would loose out big time and get so fed up you would walk away.
    Good luck and keep us posted.
    Wiljoy