Motorhome and US RV show - Stratford 2009 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi all new to this game. Booked and received tickets and will be joining you later on Thursday evening. Still not been added to Jim's list tho(55)??? Regards Nic and Steve (Motorhomemania). See you there.:thumb:

Hi guys, you are now on the list:thumb:

kevo

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
think I have dipped out? cant seem to book?

Tried to book on to the rally tonight just keep getting this message?

(Form processing expired) ?

HELP!:ROFLMAO::cry::Sad::Doh:
kev

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
i may be wrong, but didnt the advanced booking thing close on the 26th.

i'd ring em tommorow and explain you tried booking, but the site kept giving you an error, and see if they'll let you book, stone leisure are pretty good and usually allow a little flexability,
in another club i was in, theyd let non pre-booked people park up with us, but we only had about 8 people turn up ath the most, and they had given us room for 20, i imagine with the number of funsters going it may be a little different,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 21, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A class
Exp
since 2007
Stratford Show

Thanks Jim for advice, have telephoned organizers and have booked to arrive Thursday. Please add us to your list.
Cheers,
Jim & Marion (yoolie)

kevo

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
Im on phew !

Thanks for that gazznsam.:thumb:
I,m on - I managed to book Friday and Saturday night - spoke to them on the phone, hope to see some of you guys, my first rally with you, only my 3rd in a camper van.
kev n Mel

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I had asked the organisers if we could have the same slot as last year, they were very helpful and even though no one is supposed to be where we were, they agreed.

Since then the numbers of funsters attending increased significantly and it was obvious we would not fit in there this year. So was back on the phone to them a couple of weeks ago and they really pulled the stops out for us, they played a complicated game moving everyone around and came up with this configuration. Looks like we have a prime spot:thumb::thumb::thumb:

stratford-2.png

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Jim, can you say what time we can arrive on the Monday please? I notice a gas refiilling station on the map, does this mean we can top up with LPG? Or am I missing something :RollEyes:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Any time after 9:30 am. Yes on the way in there is a gas fill on the left:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I had asked the organisers if we could have the same slot as last year, they were very helpful and even though no one is supposed to be where we were, they agreed.

Since then the numbers of funsters attending increased significantly and it was obvious we would not fit in there this year. So was back on the phone to them a couple of weeks ago and they really pulled the stops out for us, they played a complicated game moving everyone around and came up with this configuration. Looks like we have a prime spot:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Perfect Jim...:thumb:well done for negotiating for us::bigsmile:

even better than Newark last year...and that was certainly no hardship carrying heavy stuff.....ie: crankup sat dish:thumb::thumb:

and no miserable flat owner complaining about me genny during the day!!!:Angry:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim, can you say what time we can arrive on the Monday please? I notice a gas refiilling station on the map, does this mean we can top up with LPG? Or am I missing something :RollEyes:

Hi Guy is there every year with a mobile set up, we normally fill up as he's pretty good on price. Even charges just the 5% vat for the domestic.

Olley

kevo

Free Member
Apr 17, 2009
Funster No
Showers at Stratford?

hi - are there shower blocks at Stratford?

O and Jim Kev and Mel need adding to the list

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Kevo
Yes there are showers in the main grandstand. I think from memory they are 50p a go. I know the ladies was packed out on the Saturday night with people glamming themselves up:winky:

Sonja

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
[
Perfect Jim...:thumb:well done for negotiating for us::bigsmile:

even better than Newark last year...and that was certainly no hardship carrying heavy stuff.....ie: crankup sat dish:thumb::thumb:

and no miserable flat owner complaining about me genny during the day!!!:Angry:

I've just sold my motorbik and trailer to someone who usually marshals this show, he mentioned a little about where MHfun are being put due to large numbers ::bigsmile:

not a bad plot, little bit of a walk for the exit gate for the town, i may nip ove the fence to the canal, and paddle me canoe down it.

You are taking a clapped out contractors genny with you arent you papajohn, hide it in the bushes under those flats and run it from 9 am to 9pm, hardhat

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I've just sold my motorbik and trailer to someone who usually marshals this show, he mentioned a little about where MHfun are being put due to large numbers ::bigsmile:

not a bad plot, little bit of a walk for the exit gate for the town, i may nip ove the fence to the canal, and paddle me canoe down it.

You are taking a clapped out contractors genny with you arent you papajohn, hide it in the bushes under those flats and run it from 9 am to 9pm, hardhat

you mean like the prestige, quality genny we use at work.

burns oil, noisey as hell and been seized more times than a drug-smugglers powerboat....:ROFLMAO:

that'll give him something to moan about...:thumb:

nozzmoking

Free Member
Jul 31, 2008
West Berkshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Jim

I'm ringing Stone Leisure tomorrow to see if I can still book, so please can you add another to the list? Arriving Friday evening.

The only trip I've done in my RV is collecting it from Itchy Feet a couple of days ago, so this will be my first proper trip. Don't really know what to expect when I get there, are you guys easy to find?

I have no water available where I store the RV. Does anyone know if places like Chieveley services on the A34 have a fresh water tap you can stick a hose on to fill up? Or, is the tap at the racecourse easy to find/get to?

Look forward to meeting you all.

Paul & Miranda

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Well, the showground is at the racecourse, the camping is usually inside the course it's self,

MHfun's camping area should be easy to spot... but the marshals will direct you,
not sure if the club has some direction to the camp area signs like other clubs use, (if not, say the word and i'll make a few up on me die cutter like the one toffee had on her panniers, and find some of that couragated plastic stuff to stick em on in the shape of arrows)

You'll be dry camping, so ensure your batteries are charged, tho i imagine you have a genny onboard, if not there are always others with em in this club who can be persuaded to let you nick a bit of power off them.

The ground will be grass, could be unlevel, but again you may have self levelers, if not and you have no leveling blocks, your at the perfect place to get some :)

get water when your at the show, by the friday all the water bowsers and taps will be on, it's just those who arrive early in the week who only have one or 2 taps to use, just look for the line of motorhomes being held up by the big yank RV who's filling his 1000 gallon water tank up using a 1/4 inch coiley hose (and then uses the onsite loo's and showers all weekend :Doh:

But above all, Have fun,

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The updated list of attendees..

1 Jim, Sian, Ginnie, James & Katie
2 Bryan and Suzy
3 Tony Santara - RuthRV
4 CLS - Mark and Sharon
5 Ksebruce - Ken n Steph
6 Muz & Dragon
7 Brisey - Brian & Pam
8 Diabalo - Dane & Hazel
9 Gonewiththewind
10 Red Sonja Kevin & Sonja
11 The Legend - Alan
12 Geo and Pammy
13 Ourcampersbeentrashed
14 Road Runner
15 Andyman
16 Buyer
17 PenelopePitsop - Marie and Rex
18 Pappajohn John & Shirl
19 Mitch
20 Olley
21 acdcdave Dave and Lucille
22 Champers
23 Ash - Steve n Lynn
24 BobandJane
25 Junan
26 Paul Harrison
27 Wendyre Wendy & John
28 Teasy2007 Ginny and Mike
29 GrandmaLiz
30 klp56 Kevin & Gayle
31 Wasp - Rob & Silvia
32 Haganaps
33 Wendyre - Rob & Shirl
34 Maggot - Sue
35 TinyK Kevin & Lisa
36 Gazznsam
37 Gingerism
38 Manouche
39 DaveLena
40 a8ch - Howard & Elaine
41 656 Dave & Eddie
42 Shubberdog - Ron & Sue
43 Winnie - Dave & Kath
44 Hilldweller
45 Juliandavies
46 ronmarl
47 SandJ
48 Dellwood33
49 Hym - John & Pat
50 Motorhomeania Nic and Steve
51 Hydecolt - Anna ,Colin,Ted and Heather
52 porky1949 Jim & Jan
53 Forfourgeek John & Brioni
54 Dised - Dave
55 GJH Graham & Jill
56 Kevo - Kev and Mel
57 Nozzmoking Paul & Miranda

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
have you been behind me before gazznsam?cos thats me at the tap,my son has a van same as yours done it themselves and live in eastwood.MUZ

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Stratford Weather

The weather forecast doesn't look too bad. But just in case, we could do with a couple of extra gazebos. I will have the 6 by 4 Marquee and one 3 by 3 gazebo, but with the numbers we have, a couple or three more would come in handy. And let's face it,if we take plenty of rain cover, the sun is guaranteed to shine all week:Smile:

If you do have a 3 by 3 gazebo you could bring, please let me know here. Thanks

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The weather forecast doesn't look too bad. But just in case, we could do with a couple of extra gazebos. I will have the 6 by 4 Marquee and one 3 by 3 gazebo, but with the numbers we have, a couple or three more would come in handy. And let's face it,if we take plenty of rain cover, the sun is guaranteed to shine all week:Smile:

If you do have a 3 by 3 gazebo you could bring, please let me know here. Thanks

i have a 9 X 6 mtr marquee Jim.

takes a couple of hours to erect(if i can remember how!) but i wont be there 'til friday afternoon.

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
i have a 9 X 6 mtr marquee Jim.

takes a couple of hours to erect(if i can remember how!) but i wont be there 'til friday afternoon.

i'd imagine friday is when most of the members will be ariving... something to do with that thing called work i keep hearing about :roflmto:

but maybe another member from papajohns area who is coming earlier could call by and bring it down if it would be needed earlier???

Apr 30, 2008
aldridge
Funster No
MH
waiting
Exp
8yrs
Stratford show

I'll be there on monday but me and the missus will be parked in the disabled area as usual.

I shall most likely come over and see you sometime if i get some free time.

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
have you been behind me before gazznsam?cos thats me at the tap,my son has a van same as yours done it themselves and live in eastwood.MUZ

Lol, i never bother queueing for water, either find another tap or wait till later, tho when i am filling up, if someone comes to the tap with a container, i'll fill it from my hose... should really take a Y adaptor, so the containers people can fill whilst we are filling the tanks.

Another iveco self build in eastwood... can't be, i'm the only iveco self builder in the village:Confused:

is your son in this club too??? wondering if we can challange the most club members living in the same town title :roflmto:

I'm up off coachdrive, Robey drive to be exact... the only motorhome in the street, So if ya ever need help with self building type stuff... that's where i am (12 volt electrical stuff is what i seem to do best, but i seem to have done a bit of everything)

But if your scared of rats...warn me beforehand, as i often have one of my pet ratties on my shoulder when i'm out playing around on the van.

Harp07

Free Member
May 25, 2008
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
Since 2008
Stratford Motorhome Show

Hi Jim
We are to late to book up for the show but if we arrive on Wednesday or Thursday will you have room on the Funsters site to accommodate us, I have spoken to Stone leisure and they said if you have room that it is ok with them.:thanks:

Jim & Maria

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
you gotta love stone leisure, try that with the 'other' show organisers and you get a stoney 'no way' from them, shoulda booked a month ago before the pre-booking closed,

anyhoo, we're almost loaded up, just gotta put the ratties in the vans cage, and we're off.

see everyone at the show.

hym

Free Member
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Come along and Rally with us at Link Removed

The annual Motorhome and US RV show is being held at Stratford Racecourse from 5th-7th June.

Visitors will be able to attend the exhibition as often as they like and enjoy 2 nights of cabaret and a firework display on Saturday evening.

As Stone Leisure has use of the racecourse for the full week prior to the show and our marshalls are happy to be on site during that time, members will again be able to attend this show for a full week.

The Pre-booked club rates are:-
Arrival Day Monday - £43
Arrival Day Tuesday - £38
Arrival Day Wednesday - £33
Arrival Day Thursday - £28
Arrival Day Friday - £23

Departures must be completed by noon on Monday 9th June 2009.

The rally fee includes 2 adults, extra adults £5 each. Children Free.

These rates apply to pre-bookings only and Pre-booking closes on 22/5/2009. Please ensure you put MotorhomeFUN down as your club to receive these special club rates.

Your marshal's for this show will be Jim & Sian - Bryan & Suzy

Once you have booked let us know by posting on this thread​
i am trying to let jim know that member forfourgeek will be late arriving as he has had problems with his rv will arrive as soon as he can get a replacement alternator or get it repaired many thanks hym

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i am trying to let jim know that member forfourgeek will be late arriving as he has had problems with his rv will arrive as soon as he can get a replacement alternator or get it repaired many thanks hym

send Jim a PM....

click on his screen name on any of his posts and go to 'send a private message to Jim'

:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back