Motorhome and US RV show - Stratford 2009 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Funsters attending are..

Jim, Sian, Ginnie, James & Katie
Bryan and Suzy
Tony Santara - RuthRV
CLS - Mark and Sharon
Ksebruce - Ken n Steph
Muz & Dragon
Brisey - Brian & Pam
Diabalo - Dane & Hazel
Gonewiththewind
Red Sonja Kevin & Sonja
The Legend - Alan
Geo and Pammy
Ourcampersbeentrashed
Road Runner
Andyman
Buyer
PenelopePitsop - Marie and Rex
Pappajohn John & Shirl
Mitch
Olley
acdcdave Dave and Lucille
Champers
Ash - Steve n Lynn
BobandJane
Junan

::bigsmile:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just need another 20/25 vans and we'll be up to full compliment again.:ROFLMAO:

any newbies fancy a first meet then you wont regret this one......go on, you know you want to...:winky:::bigsmile:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hey I just booked so put us down Rob and Syvia:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi everyone

Lock up your small dogs, the haganaps are booked for this one ::bigsmile:

Also will be allowing the bin-lids to take a mate each. so could be quite busy in our van 2 Adults (one now super slim :winky:) 4 kids and tara.

I will be paying back everyone for my continual stealing of BBQs by BBQing on my arrival on friday night whatever the weather on my soon to be bought cadac,:thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Jim,

Make sure you park Paul as far away as possible, that genny will be going morning noon and night:ROFLMAO:

And I ain't mentioned the Shetland pony he's got now

Last edited:

GrandmaLiz

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
Funster No
Stratford 2009

Hi,

Please add me tothe list for the Stratford show - I'm a shy and nervous 'newbie' so please be gentle :RollEyes:

How do we know who is who (or is it simply that we are in the same area and will bump into each other)? What facilities wil be there (I assume no hook up)?
Looking forward to meeting some/all of you and my first rally/show. :thumb:

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
sorry cannot come to styratford

sorry can't make stratford as we are booked to go to york and then motorhome has got to go back to swift for a month to have the pod problem sorted so will be off the road for a bit:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
i will have to go back to tenting i think
paulus, long suffering wife and poor daughter

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

Please add me tothe list for the Stratford show - I'm a shy and nervous 'newbie' so please be gentle :RollEyes:

How do we know who is who (or is it simply that we are in the same area and will bump into each other)? What facilities wil be there (I assume no hook up)?
Looking forward to meeting some/all of you and my first rally/show. :thumb:

hi Liz,

yep !
we all get to camp on the same bit of land so meeting folks wont be a problem.....we usually have Jims big gazibo as a central meeting point by day which doubles as a pub by night:thumb:

a lot of members have their rally "name cards" in the windows and banners/flags flying so easy to identify who's van is who's.
i have trouble putting names to faces, met loads but remember few:Blush:, but i get by.:thumb:

unfortunately no hookups available but if you get stuck for battery power loads of folks have gennies.
may be worth filling with water before you arrive as the stand pipes could be busy and carrying water containers later aint fun.
toilets on site if you dont mind portaloo's, not much fun after a couple of days...better off using your own facilities.

see you there....:thumb:

Last edited:

klp56

Free Member
Nov 3, 2008
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
Since Nov 08
Hi Jim
Please add us (Kevin & Gayle) to the list for the Stratford show.
Arriving Monday for the week, first time with MHF.

Cheers Kevin

PS Is there anybody coming from the Colchester area that could do me a little favour?
Please PM me.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi kevin, depends how little, if you include Ipswich as being in the Colchester area. ::bigsmile: But we will be going A14-M6

Olley

GrandmaLiz

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
Funster No
hi Liz,

yep !
we all get to camp on the same bit of land so meeting folks wont be a problem.....we usually have Jims big gazibo as a central meeting point by day which doubles as a pub by night:thumb:

a lot of members have their rally "name cards" in the windows and banners/flags flying so easy to identify who's van is who's.
i have trouble putting names to faces, met loads but remember few:Blush:, but i get by.:thumb:

unfortunately no hookups available but if you get stuck for battery power loads of folks have gennies.
may be worth filling with water before you arrive as the stand pipes could be busy and carrying water containers later aint fun.
toilets on site if you dont mind portaloo's, not much fun after a couple of days...better off using your own facilities.

see you there....:thumb:
Hi Pappajohn,
Thanks for the info - I thought it would probably be a god idea to fill up with water before arriving. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone - as a newcomer to motorhoming it's a bit like the start of a 'new chapter' for me.

Regards and happy travelling,
Liz

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi Pappajohn,- as a newcomer to motorhoming it's a bit like the start of a 'new chapter' for me.
Liz

Trust me Liz your gonna love it:wine::beerchug::welcome::drink::pray:

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
Would love to make this but now our van purchase has been pushed back to not making the final decision until the 17th May I'm not sure its going to be processed and finished in time to go. Specially as the closing date is the 22nd, ah well you can but try.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim

Please add us to the list for Stratford, we will be on our way back home from Spain.

Ginny and Mike

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Sadly I can't make it, hope you all have a fabulous time, I'm sure you will and those who are bringing their dogs please think about the fireworks, if you're a dog you have no way of knowing what these loud noises and flashing lights mean, some are perfectly OK but many do suffer terribly with no calming human by their side.

wendyre

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
sutton-in-ashfield
Funster No
MH
rollerteam
Exp
Hi Jim
change of plans we can now make stratford, please put us on list.
I have booked and paid, look forward meeting the funsters again
Wendy & John

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Attendees thus far.. Why not join us and put a face to the name. :Smile:

Jim, Sian, Ginnie, James & Katie
Bryan and Suzy
Tony Santara - RuthRV
CLS - Mark and Sharon
Ksebruce - Ken n Steph
Muz & Dragon
Brisey - Brian & Pam
Diabalo - Dane & Hazel
Gonewiththewind
Red Sonja Kevin & Sonja
The Legend - Alan
Geo and Pammy
Ourcampersbeentrashed
Road Runner
Andyman
Buyer
PenelopePitsop - Marie and Rex
Pappajohn John & Shirl
Mitch
Olley
acdcdave Dave and Lucille
Champers
Ash - Steve n Lynn
BobandJane
Junan
Paul Harrison
Wendyre Wendy & John
Teasy2007 Ginny and Mike
GrandmaLiz
klp56 Kevin & Gayle
Wasp - Rob & Silvia

TweetiePie

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Movano self build
Exp
on and off since 1968
Hi Jim, We will be arriving Fri sometime, Robley 7636 (rob and Shirl) Let's hope the weather is better this year :Sad:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim, We will be arriving Fri sometime, Robley 7636 (rob and Shirl) Let's hope the weather is better this year :Sad:

?????? seem to remember it was fine and sunny last year:thumb:

you aint thinking of newark are you.:Doh:::bigsmile:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
You are right Pappajohn, but it had a lot of rain prior, I was put onto the car park field because a lot of the camping areas where restricted. I know I finished staying on the car park field and still had a fantastic weekend.:thumb:

Don

Ho Jim, Dont see "Gingerism" on your list and I know they are attending because I paid and booked them and delivered the tickets.:ROFLMAO:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
You are right Pappajohn, but it had a lot of rain prior, I was put onto the car park field because a lot of the camping areas where restricted. I know I finished staying on the car park field and still had a fantastic weekend.:thumb:

Don

We arrived on the Monday last year - at about 5 pm it started raining and it rained stair-rods for 24 hours! We were on the field and by the following afternoon were ankle deep in water! :roflmto::roflmto:

Next we went on to the tarmac but by Thursday afternoon the weather was beautiful and we were back on grass. :roflmto::roflmto:

Fantastic weekend weather - scorching hot - great company and can't wait for this years show!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

chrissie

Free Member
Nov 13, 2008
Funster No
Haven't been to the Statford show for a few years, thinking of going but what happens if you arrive on the Monday? I seem to remember in the past we parked near the entrance & you couldn't park on the rally area until the Thursday?

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
Were now confirmed for this one arriving Friday Evening.

Kevin & Lisa

gazznsam

Free Member
May 15, 2009
Eastwood, Notts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We'll deffo be at this one, arriving monday,
must remember to book before the deadline, don't want to do it right now in-case i find something i must buy at the newbury show :)

Re: where you park from monday... me and sam ran another club's meet at the stratford show about 4 years ago, we arrived monday and were put on our pitch straight away, which was right at the end of the showground, and ideal for the gate out to the canal into town (the walks along the tow path, tho i guess you could swim it if you wanted :Doh:

i do remember the water points werent unlocked till thursday tho, (water bowsers around the rally field) so the only working taps were in the actual camp site bit at the very begining of the racecourse entrance, so if arriving early, fill up at the first tap you see working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back