horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
did you still have to drive through the river?
we were there the year the bridge got washed away. but i love that coastal route . a real adventure .
i hope you did go on the coast road along the coast.
No we didn't Al we came down the N1 then picked up the P2226, then went the same way back then shot down past Banana Beach, was told that was the only way in and out by the locals? the other road was not suitable for a MH?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
No we didn't Al we came down the N1 then picked up the P2226, then went the same way back then shot down past Banana Beach, was told that was the only way in and out by the locals? the other road was not suitable for a MH?
just as you hit the village turn left it skirts the village and crosses the river ,or through it . if you go past and on to the village you end up looking at that view with the boats etc .
but any adventure is adventure . we hug the sea . there are nice places to wild and some nice fonts etc . the main thing is have fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
horshamjack
Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
just as you hit the village turn left it skirts the village and crosses the river ,or through it . if you go past and on to the village you end up looking at that view with the boats etc .
but any adventure is adventure . we hug the sea . there are nice places to wild and some nice fonts etc . the main thing is have fun.
Your a braver man than me gungadin, saw that road didn't fancy it :(

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
An interesting thread despite being somewhat spoiled by the scaremongering..
We are looking at getting away from the UK after Christmas and am currently looking at Spain and or Portugal . On another thread where I was seeking information it was suggested I look at Morocco .
So here I am looking for as much information on going to Moroc .
Cheers

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
An interesting thread despite being somewhat spoiled by the scaremongering..
We are looking at getting away from the UK after Christmas and am currently looking at Spain and or Portugal . On another thread where I was seeking information it was suggested I look at Morocco .
So here I am looking for as much information on going to Moroc .
Cheers
There is a weeks worth of reading on the morocco 2013/14/15 theads. Get stuck in!

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
You might be advised to set some time aside and have a read of the threads that were running whilst Funsters were in Morocco over the last three winters. Have a search for Morocco 2015, Morocco 2014 and Morocco 2013

Colin

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
It's all very well these Maroc experts telling you to read this and that, I bet what they don't tell you is the really important a stuff -

• Take as much Marmite as you will need - a very rare and expensive commodity over there.
  • Take your favourite brand of tea, unless it's yellow label coz that's all you can get in the way of bog standard tea.
  • Don't have your hair cut by a Moroccan hair dresser, Eh Lin? @Dazzlin
  • Females, take your hair and beauty products of choice as the ones over there look similar but they are not, also expensive.
  • If you buy a locally made jacket, check sleeves are the same length, actually the same colour and all the buttons match, eh @PhilandMena
  • Fresh milk is available in even the smallest of shops but learn the different words for yogurt and milk coz the bags are almost identical, ruined many a cuppa by pouring yogurt into it!!
  • Oh and take a map so you don't have to scrounge one of other generous Funsters - note to self on the one.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
It's all very well these Maroc experts telling you to read this and that, I bet what they don't tell you is the really important a stuff -

• Take as much Marmite as you will need - a very rare and expensive commodity over there.
  • Take your favourite brand of tea, unless it's yellow label coz that's all you can get in the way of bog standard tea.
  • Females, take your hair and beauty products of choice as the ones over there look similar but they are not, also expensive.
  • If you buy a locally made jacket, check sleeves are the same length, actually the same colour and all the buttons match, eh @PhilandMena
  • Fresh milk is available in even the smallest of shops but learn the different words for yogurt and milk coz the bags are almost identical, ruined many a cuppa by pouring yogurt into it!!
  • Oh and take a map so you don't have to scrounge one of other generous Funsters - note to self on the one.
PMSL How true.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I reread the entire 2014 thread when over there earlier this year just jotting down bits and bobs of useful info/places, even things I had written myself.
Going again 2016 for another refresher in the life of a nomad!
The thread you want is Marocco 2015 and it's 118 pages long. There are two many threads with the title morocco 2015 so this will help you find the right one.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Actually it's "Morocco 2015" - not wishing to be pedantic :p but there is another misspelt thread floating around somewhere!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

You forgot to mention booze!

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017

take TWO maps then when you meet some ill prepared traveller you can appear to be generous by donating your older, raggy map.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
older raggy map.
you need to look after them abit more . my modern map of morocco is dated may 2000.
cant keep buying new ones . the old roads are still there . the new ones are no good they by pass the villages . how are you going to meet the locals if you are on a m,way.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just noticed, Vicarious have got a deal on; buy Camping Morocco plus Michelin Map together. Mind you the site book is way out of date - although they have updates on their website.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you dont need a camping book for maroc , come on , save you dirhams . give em to a local.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
you dont need a camping book for maroc , come on , save you dirhams . give em to a local.

YOU know that and I know that, but a deal's a deal and somebody is bound to ask. Anyway you need a map - well some of us do!:LOL:

Mar 2, 2009
Prescot merseyside
Funster No
MH
Burstner elegance
Exp
Yes green card from comfort ins and you are covered fully comp great place to travel been 4 times twice on my own no probs,

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
YOU know that and I know that, but a deal's a deal and somebody is bound to ask. Anyway you need a map - well some of us do!:LOL:
seems you only save a quid . but throw more than that away on the camping book.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
You forgot to mention booze!

Stock up in Spain is the best tip. Gibraltar if you want spirits at half the price of home. If you go into the Lidl (or any Supermarket) in Algeceras the day before you cross, don't buy bucket loads of the cheapest plonk. Buy one bottle and try first, then stock up with the one you like. Don't do as one numptie :rofl: did last year, and buy a trolley full of stuff for 2p per bucket full, only to find it wasn't fit to put on your chips, never mind drink.

Keep the booze (especially spirits) under cover as the Moroccan Port Police are partial to whiskey and will reject cheap plonk if offered to them.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Moroccan Port Police are partial to whiskey and will reject cheap plonk if offered to them.
We have been going to Morocco for over 45 years now, and then the port was horrendous. But have never found the need to bribe or tip anybody at the port. We have always got through by just being persistent and ignoring the touts. Mostly we get through quicker than those that bribe or use the touts. Now with Tanger Med entry it is absolutely bliss. Just look for the biggest guy in the smartest uniform hand him your papers with a big smile. He will hand it all to one of the minions and your through. Don't have booze stacked up under the table. Stow it where it can't be seen in the shower or a locker. If you tempt them they will delay you.
As for wine go to Mercadona just behind Lidl they do a very nice 5ltr poly container which is very drinkable for 5 or 6 euro. As we live in France we also take about 30ltr of good French en Vrac.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I reread the entire 2014 thread when over there earlier this year just jotting down bits and bobs of useful info/places, even things I had written myself.
Going again 2016 for another refresher in the life of a nomad!

@Dazzlin When you thinking of going?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back