Mirror Guards

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by turinshroud, Jan 15, 2014.

1. turinshroud

turinshroud Read Only Funster

I am considering purchasing a pair of guards for my motorhome's mirrors. It is an A class Rapido. I can only find guards for coachbuilt mirrrs. Anyone know a seller or am I looking for something that does not exist.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phill D

Phill D

Hi and welcome. :thumb:

i think it may be a tall order as there as so many different A class mirrors. but we have a few Rapido members who may be able to help:thumb:

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

look at commercial hgv mirror guards/deflectors

the plastic covers sold for coachbuilt vans are as expensive as a new mirror and doesnt stop the damage so pointless

4. beachcaster

beachcaster Read Only Funster

The cost of a Ducato mirror nearside with the ( useless) radio aerial and electrics is a lot more than the cost of a protector.
    The plastic on the mirrors are very thin...Im convinced that protectors help.

They are also white.........which is a darn sight more sensible than the standard black ones that are more difficult for oncoming drivers to see.

barry

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Mel

Mel Funster

I have not seen any for Rapio A Class.

Mel

6. Yorick

Yorick Funster

Oops

7. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

Not seen one for an A class todate .The mirror is expensive to replace but not convinced the covers will save the damage ,on the plus side i dont think the rapido mirror sticks out as far as some other models.
    just measured mine 195mm from bodywork to outer edge of mirror.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  8. Ed Excel

Ed Excel Funster

If you find any for your Rapido make sure they are made of ABS plastic, like the coach built type. ABS is a vandal resistant material used for many things in the public realm and is much stronger than the polyethylene type of plastic used for mirror bodies.

9. mentaliss

mentaliss

sorry there is no product of such for a mirror cover for an A class Rapido, the ones that you may have seen or heard of are specifically made for the coach build (Fiat Ducato cab), long arm or short arm's and has no relevance to who the Motorhome Manufacture is:Cool:

10. mentaliss

mentaliss

Spot on, as I just replaced my nearside mirror, the mirror arm broke away from the body during an argument with another truck mirror...cost...£212.00 (parts) the 'guards' which i transferred from my previous MH withstood the impact, only slightly marked they originally cost £112.00:Cool:

11. SUGGY

SUGGY Funster Life Member

I got some dayglow yellow sticky back plastic and cut into 2inch wide strips and put them on my mirrors ,
    OK they dont resist impact but you can see them from a long way away and it draws attention to them and the width of the van , cost about £5 , :Smile: