Mini Lcd Projector With Table Top Screen

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Weinsbergaman, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Weinsbergaman

Weinsbergaman

Hi All,

Anyone thought or uses a mini projector with a tabletop screen in any motorhomes instead of or as well as a TV? Some of the mini projectors have a USB connection/player for watching saved films & a HDMI input to hook up your sat boxes. Some also run off 12v (y).

I'm not very happy with the permanent position of our TV as it means we loose 2 seats straight away as the TV is behind :( them so I'm looking for a simple solution.

Any thoughts..............

Thanks Antony

2. mike mcglynn

mike mcglynn Funster Life Member

Hi, Antony a well placed mirror is often the easy solution such as on a door I had a rapido which had a tv mounted over the drivers seat it worked for me.

3. trekkin

trekkin Read Only Funster

Use a projector and large screen sometimes, just for playing quiz games, so every one can be involved.

Couple of things to be aware of,
    The contrast is not great, so not always good in the day or early evening, especially in the sunlight soyou will end up with curtains shut.
    You will need a tuner to watch TV connected to an arial, or as you say addittional hardware to play movies, recorded etc
    There is little or no sound from a projector so will need a sound system, MP3 player with aux input or the like.
    I needed a big bundle of cables to connect all this together along with adapters and extension leads to get the video from the iPod, PVR, tuner etc into the projector and the sound into the audio.
    Although not a lot of weight they are reasonably bulky
    It takes 10-15 minutes set up time and even then there are cables everywhere, you may wish to have a more permanent set up with routed cables already in place

In principle it works, and I have no problem with it, but needs consideration to ensure that it will work for you

But then when it is set up its like a home cinema. Great

4. Gellyneck

Gellyneck Funster Life Member

As Trekkin says probably easier to relocate the TV rather than set-up \ take down of a "cinema system".
    Added an additional TV in our Auto-trail so we could use the front cab seats (original TV is overhead between these). OK a few hours work but once it's done it's done.

5. Linda and Steph

Linda and Steph Funster

We have one, in our first motorhome it was mounted below a cupboard and the image suze was perfect on the the opposite window blind although we did travel with a small table top screen too.

We have 2 mounted tvs in the new mh so don't bother with it now.

6. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

My son in law ( Des ) has one.. Must say for what it is I was impressed..