Mini Lcd Projector With Table Top Screen (1 Viewer)

Weinsbergaman

Free Member
Feb 8, 2015
Wirral, North West England
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi All,

Anyone thought or uses a mini projector with a tabletop screen in any motorhomes instead of or as well as a TV? Some of the mini projectors have a USB connection/player for watching saved films & a HDMI input to hook up your sat boxes. Some also run off 12v (y).

I'm not very happy with the permanent position of our TV as it means we loose 2 seats straight away as the TV is behind :( them so I'm looking for a simple solution.

Any thoughts..............

Thanks Antony

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, Antony a well placed mirror is often the easy solution such as on a door I had a rapido which had a tv mounted over the drivers seat it worked for me.

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Use a projector and large screen sometimes, just for playing quiz games, so every one can be involved.

Couple of things to be aware of,
The contrast is not great, so not always good in the day or early evening, especially in the sunlight soyou will end up with curtains shut.
You will need a tuner to watch TV connected to an arial, or as you say addittional hardware to play movies, recorded etc
There is little or no sound from a projector so will need a sound system, MP3 player with aux input or the like.
I needed a big bundle of cables to connect all this together along with adapters and extension leads to get the video from the iPod, PVR, tuner etc into the projector and the sound into the audio.
Although not a lot of weight they are reasonably bulky
It takes 10-15 minutes set up time and even then there are cables everywhere, you may wish to have a more permanent set up with routed cables already in place

In principle it works, and I have no problem with it, but needs consideration to ensure that it will work for you

But then when it is set up its like a home cinema. Great

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
As Trekkin says probably easier to relocate the TV rather than set-up \ take down of a "cinema system".
Added an additional TV in our Auto-trail so we could use the front cab seats (original TV is overhead between these). OK a few hours work but once it's done it's done.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
We have one, in our first motorhome it was mounted below a cupboard and the image suze was perfect on the the opposite window blind although we did travel with a small table top screen too.

We have 2 mounted tvs in the new mh so don't bother with it now.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
My son in law ( Des ) has one.. Must say for what it is I was impressed..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back