Mifi

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by carolyn, Aug 3, 2013.

1. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Sitting beside van at Back of Beyond Campsite near Ringwood and my huawei works with a 3 3g hurrah, followed all the threads and it is so fast and easy, why did I doubt it? I dont understand it but i think i will just accept it, perhaps magic is fact not fiction, ta.:Smile::Smile:

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Back of beyond is the Highlands.

A bit too soon to be smug about these things.

And daughter just failed in Porthmadog.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

shame Vodafone coverage is so bad

I will get a 3G signal somewhere in this country other than at home :Angry:

4. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Definitely not feeling smug, just relieved and quite excited. Back of beyond is the name of the campsite not a description of the location. If there were problems I was going to ask for help on the forum or at the Malvern show, mind you there are plenty of other things that might go wrong yet.:Smile:

• Like Like x 2
  5. hilldweller

Ah ! Is that a brilliant name or plain stupid ? It's not encouraging so I'll go for stupid.

MiFi just works, brilliant things. Jim once put his in a poly bag and put it on his flag pole to get a good signal.

Only downside is battery life and forgetting to charge them. And of course signal strength. Once they drop back to mobile phone speeds FUN becomes unusable.

6. Phill D

Phill D

i have unlocked my Huawei mifi and carry both a 3 sim and a T mobile sim ( the T mobile was £15 for 12 months use @ 500mb / month i use it as a back when no 3 signal ( in the depths of the Forrest of Dean :Doh: )

7. carolyn

carolyn Funster

Not quite sure really, we booked friday morning just for 2 nights to escape 17 year old son doing a bbq for his mates! Big sister is in charge heaven forbid. It's clean and tidy, a bit regimented but near some nice walks (and a busy main road ironically) but we wanted somewhere close to home in case of disasters. We live next to a police detective with a very large dog so fairly optimistic and it was last night....

8. hilldweller

Yea gods. That brings back memories. I think they even managed to re-paper part of the kitchen before we got home.

9. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

back of beyond is a lovely site, not to be confused with shamba on the same entrance road. just outside the urban sprawl, so getting a phone signal is easy

not stayed there in a while as its just a few miles from home, but recomend it and a couple of sites on matchams lane to visitors