Mifi (1 Viewer)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Sitting beside van at Back of Beyond Campsite near Ringwood and my huawei works with a 3 3g hurrah, followed all the threads and it is so fast and easy, why did I doubt it? I dont understand it but i think i will just accept it, perhaps magic is fact not fiction, ta.:Smile::Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Back of beyond is the Highlands.

A bit too soon to be smug about these things.

And daughter just failed in Porthmadog.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
shame Vodafone coverage is so bad

I will get a 3G signal somewhere in this country other than at home :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Definitely not feeling smug, just relieved and quite excited. Back of beyond is the name of the campsite not a description of the location. If there were problems I was going to ask for help on the forum or at the Malvern show, mind you there are plenty of other things that might go wrong yet.:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Back of beyond is the name of the campsite

Ah ! Is that a brilliant name or plain stupid ? It's not encouraging so I'll go for stupid.

MiFi just works, brilliant things. Jim once put his in a poly bag and put it on his flag pole to get a good signal.

Only downside is battery life and forgetting to charge them. And of course signal strength. Once they drop back to mobile phone speeds FUN becomes unusable.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i have unlocked my Huawei mifi and carry both a 3 sim and a T mobile sim ( the T mobile was £15 for 12 months use @ 500mb / month i use it as a back when no 3 signal ( in the depths of the Forrest of Dean :Doh: )

OP
OP
C
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Not quite sure really, we booked friday morning just for 2 nights to escape 17 year old son doing a bbq for his mates! Big sister is in charge heaven forbid. It's clean and tidy, a bit regimented but near some nice walks (and a busy main road ironically) but we wanted somewhere close to home in case of disasters. We live next to a police detective with a very large dog so fairly optimistic and it was last night....

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
back of beyond is a lovely site, not to be confused with shamba on the same entrance road. just outside the urban sprawl, so getting a phone signal is easy

not stayed there in a while as its just a few miles from home, but recomend it and a couple of sites on matchams lane to visitors

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back