Michelin France 2011

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by BJP114, May 25, 2011.

1. BJP114

BJP114 Read Only Funster

Hi all just bought michelin camping france 2011 I can just about understand most of it what I cant get my head around is on alot of the sites it has got a picture of a motorhome then "borne artisanale" I can not get a clear translation any where can some one tell me what it means:Doh:

2. sedge

sedge Funster

Well it's either a borne made by an artisan, as opposed to eg Flot Bleu, but I somehow doubt that - or maybe it's colloquial for you can come and use our borne without actually having to stay on our campsite. A lot of campsites in France already do this but of course you do have to pay.

?

I hope Frankie or someone else who might know will come along and translate?

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

You are correct.. it is a hand built bourne.. ie , tap in wall, cement drain etc .. and not operated by using a jeton or coin.. free to use, but there may be a nightly fee to pay ..

One example is the Aire at Capbreton that charges €6 (2008 price) with a 16A EHU

4. sedge

sedge Funster

So are we saying M'Hs can stay overnight on the campsite but maybe at a reduced rate because you can't use the facilities other than the borne? I gather that some sites do that, know one at Luzeret in the Brenne.

We stayed on the site in a tent and the facilities of a borne in terms of black water disposal, clean water fill-up were I think the only two things you appeared to be entitled to for your dosh. Dunno.

5. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Hi jenny! looking for an explaination as i don't know what it means myself...never had a motorhome so don't know the usual terms!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

6. yodeli

yodeli Funster Life Member

Right ... so this is what i understood. A "borne artisanale" is essentially a water inlet valves with one or more taps protected by a permanent structure (concrete wall) respecting the architectural style of the place .

So you will probably get more easily than i do what it means , since you are the ones who know what you usually find on aires.... never been on an aire lol!
    Are the "bornes" different from this description? i mean on most aires? i suppose that they usually look more modern with "jetons" to use them am i right?

Hope it is useful!

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

7. BJP114

BJP114 Read Only Funster

thanks for your help all it is starting to get through now and make sence.

Brian.:thumb: