Free Member
Feb 14, 2010
Barrow in Furness
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Hi all just bought michelin camping france 2011 I can just about understand most of it what I cant get my head around is on alot of the sites it has got a picture of a motorhome then "borne artisanale" I can not get a clear translation any where can some one tell me what it means:Doh:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well it's either a borne made by an artisan, as opposed to eg Flot Bleu, but I somehow doubt that - or maybe it's colloquial for you can come and use our borne without actually having to stay on our campsite. A lot of campsites in France already do this but of course you do have to pay.

?

I hope Frankie or someone else who might know will come along and translate?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Well it's either a borne made by an artisan, as opposed to eg Flot Bleu, but I somehow doubt that -

?

You are correct.. it is a hand built bourne.. ie , tap in wall, cement drain etc .. and not operated by using a jeton or coin.. free to use, but there may be a nightly fee to pay ..

One example is the Aire at Capbreton that charges €6 (2008 price) with a 16A EHU

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
So are we saying M'Hs can stay overnight on the campsite but maybe at a reduced rate because you can't use the facilities other than the borne? I gather that some sites do that, know one at Luzeret in the Brenne.

We stayed on the site in a tent and the facilities of a borne in terms of black water disposal, clean water fill-up were I think the only two things you appeared to be entitled to for your dosh. Dunno.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Well it's either a borne made by an artisan, as opposed to eg Flot Bleu, but I somehow doubt that - or maybe it's colloquial for you can come and use our borne without actually having to stay on our campsite. A lot of campsites in France already do this but of course you do have to pay.

?

Hi jenny! looking for an explaination as i don't know what it means myself...never had a motorhome so don't know the usual terms!

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Right ... so this is what i understood. A "borne artisanale" is essentially a water inlet valves with one or more taps protected by a permanent structure (concrete wall) respecting the architectural style of the place .

So you will probably get more easily than i do what it means , since you are the ones who know what you usually find on aires.... never been on an aire lol!
Are the "bornes" different from this description? i mean on most aires? i suppose that they usually look more modern with "jetons" to use them am i right?

Hope it is useful!

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back