MHF App Now working well on iPhone and iPad (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
launch the attachment on Chriss post here see if you get the same problem on iphone app

Broken Link Removed
Jo662 please

Mar 29, 2020
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
With the latest iOS updates, Apple have fixed some things that were stopping progressive web apps from working properly. Suffice to say you can now add MotorhomeFun to your phone or iPad as an app and you will receive notifications just like any other app on your phone. When you open the app, you won't be in a browser window, you will be in a dedicated MHF application.

The notifications are not important for those who spend a lot of time on the forum, but if you are just dipping in and out, then notifications that let you know when a post of yours has been liked, or if your thread has been answered, can prove to be very useful.

It's easy to install the app on your phone or iPad. The first thing you want to do is delete the old one if you have it installed. Do that by the long press and then getting rid of it just like you would any other application, then using safari go to MotorhomeFun and choose to share.

It looks like this, on an iPhone and iPad at the top or bottom of the page.

View attachment 824763

Then scroll down and choose Add to Home screen

View attachment 824764

The app will appear on your homepage. Click it and you'll be in the app. You'll need to login again, once you're logged in you'll be asked if you want to receive push notifications. Check that, and MotorhomeFun will work like any app on your phone. You'll also be able to adjust the notifications in your regular notifications settings.

Give it a go. I've been using a few days now and found it pretty good.
Like the idea of this but on my iPad version 16.7 I don’t get the option to share with Home Screen ?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm finding the notifications quite useful because they are in real time. Alerts only show in the browser when the page is refreshed
launch the attachment on Chriss post here see if you get the same problem on iphone app

Phil, you are looking at a link to an attachment. They show up in another page, why can't you just swipe back, Ive tried it on two phones and three ipads one of which is 9 years old , on that particular image, swiping back works on every one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I'm finding the notifications quite useful because they are in real time. Alerts only show in the browser when the page is refreshed

Phil, you are looking at a link to an attachment. They show up in another page, why can't you just swipe back, Ive tried it on two phones and three ipads one of which is 9 years old , on that particular image, swiping back works on every one.
I will try again now Jim and report back 🤔

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007

Sorted I tried swiping in all directions 😳
Then took my back of phone cover off swiped and it was fine.

It appears that the lip on the protective cover did not allow my fat fingers to get right to the edge :whistle2::blush:
Embarrassed now Jim

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorted I tried swiping in all directions 😳
Then took my back of phone cover off swiped and it was fine.

It appears that the lip on the protective cover did not allow my fat fingers to get right to the edge :whistle2::blush:
Embarrassed now Jim

Yes to swipe you need to come right from the edge (y)

Jan 21, 2019
Hampshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2017
With the latest iOS updates, Apple have fixed some things that were stopping progressive web apps from working properly. Suffice to say you can now add MotorhomeFun to your phone or iPad as an app and you will receive notifications just like any other app on your phone. When you open the app, you won't be in a browser window, you will be in a dedicated MHF application.

The notifications are not important for those who spend a lot of time on the forum, but if you are just dipping in and out, then notifications that let you know when a post of yours has been liked, or if your thread has been answered, can prove to be very useful.

It's easy to install the app on your phone or iPad. The first thing you want to do is delete the old one if you have it installed. Do that by the long press and then getting rid of it just like you would any other application, then using safari go to MotorhomeFun and choose to share.

It looks like this, on an iPhone and iPad at the top or bottom of the page.

View attachment 824763

Then scroll down and choose Add to Home screen

View attachment 824764

The app will appear on your homepage. Click it and you'll be in the app. You'll need to login again, once you're logged in you'll be asked if you want to receive push notifications. Check that, and MotorhomeFun will work like any app on your phone. You'll also be able to adjust the notifications in your regular notifications settings.

Give it a go. I've been using a few days now and found it pretty good.
Thanks for that. All done and north very happy Funsters again🙄

Nov 14, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
Just sold
Exp
since 1996
Anyone who has recently downloaded and installed update 17.2.1 for iPhone May find they have to reinstall the Fun app. I installed the update but when I tried to open the app it failed. Easily sorted by deleting and reinstalling.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
App was working fine with notifications. With the latest iOS update I had to delete and reinstall the bookmark. Now it doesn't seem to be working as well. I have had to check settings and disable and enable all notifications on several occasions but, as an example, somebody sent me a PM at 8.07am this morning. There was nothing on the front screen but, as I opened the app at 9.10am, the notification came through.
Is anyone else experiencing issues?

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
Maybe I’m being a numbskull but I’ve just deleted the old Motorhome fun app on my Ipad and now I can’t find the new one on my App search. What should I type in the search bar? Tried “MotorHome Fun” Motor Home Fun” “MotorhomeFun” and it’s not bringing anything up!

TIA!

Russ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back